Gen Con Meetings

As you probably already know, Gen Con is happening this week. I'll be there running public playtests for my new game. Who else here is attending? It might be nice to meet up sometime this week, so let's discuss where we'll be and when.

I'm bringing my laptop and my phone.  I'll be their the entire four days.  I'm going to a lot of the writing sessions as well as the main D&D events.

If you want to plan a meet up here I'm all for it.   I fear they might move this thread though which will mean I'll probably lose track of it.   I will try and wear a name badge so watch for me.

Ugh...  Don't remind me about Gen Con!

I'd already set aside time from work to make it, but then a new college semester reared its ugly head and it starts the same weekend and I didn't reserve in time and bleh!

So I will not be there.  However, I do read your blog, Reinhart.  Any chance I could pre-order Asylum and get a pdf of the playtest or something?
Ugh...  Don't remind me about Gen Con!

I'd already set aside time from work to make it, but then a new college semester reared its ugly head and it starts the same weekend and I didn't reserve in time and bleh!

So I will not be there.  However, I do read your blog, Reinhart.  Any chance I could pre-order Asylum and get a pdf of the playtest or something?

We'll most likely be doing a Kickstarter in 2014, once our new art team is ready. I look forward to your patronage! We'll be releasing some of the playtest materials on the Asylum website probably by the end of the year, once we've gotten more feedback from our playtest players and Narrators on our packet material and presentation.
Is no one else here going to this year's Gen Con? And to think we often talk about forum posters as some of the most hardcore of gaming fans. 
Is no one else here going to this year's Gen Con? And to think we often talk about forum posters as some of the most hardcore of gaming fans. 

I haven't been to Gen Con in years.   In fact, not since it moved to Indianapolis...which is sad, what with me being in Indiana and all.

But I'll give ya a fresh bump for attention!

"Lightning...it flashes bright, then fades away.  It can't protect, it can only destroy."

I think it would be fun but we're scheduled to the gills. I'm trying to figure out if I have enough time to get through the Dealer Room.
I think it would be fun but we're scheduled to the gills. I'm trying to figure out if I have enough time to get through the Dealer Room.

At least you have a hardcore gamer excuse. 
My SO is a scheduler and she likes to have a goal where to be and when to be there. For organized play like LFR I understand it's a necessity but dayum 5 or 6 scheduled events in a day is insane IMO.  This is definitely a "sit down and play a whole bunch of games you've never tried before and when you get done haul backside to the next one" trip.
As you probably already know, Gen Con is happening this week. I'll be there running public playtests for my new game. Who else here is attending? It might be nice to meet up sometime this week, so let's discuss where we'll be and when.

Where and when will you be doing your playtesting?  I have found many of your game design comments to be interesting and am curious to see what you are working on. 
Well folks, I will be leaving for Gencon tomorrow so don't expect much activity from me in the meantime.   Hold down the fort guys.  I don't want to come back to discover we've switched to 4.5e while I'm gone .

I might post some pictures somewhere if people are interested.

Say hi if you are at the con. 

Where and when will you be doing your playtesting?  I have found many of your game design comments to be interesting and am curious to see what you are working on. 

Thanks, caecafortuna. Here's the link listing our three playtest events and times:
www.asylumrpg.com/gen-con-playtests

Each of the events is actually 3 different playtest modules for our new system. If you're interested in playing, we still have two seats left for Friday evening and a few for Saturday afternoon. If not, feel free to drop by and watch and discuss things afterward. Hope to see you there.
I met the illustrious Reinhart. He seemed nicer than I expected.  Tongue Out
But did you game with him is the question?

No.  My schedule was too tight.  I ran over to the building said hi and then returned to the main hall.  

I don't game a ton normally while here.  I have plenty of gaming at home so I tend to spend a lot of time in seminars and going through the hall.  

Are you at gencon? 

Thanks, caecafortuna. Here's the link listing our three playtest events and times:
www.asylumrpg.com/gen-con-playtests

Each of the events is actually 3 different playtest modules for our new system. If you're interested in playing, we still have two seats left for Friday evening and a few for Saturday afternoon. If not, feel free to drop by and watch and discuss things afterward. Hope to see you there.

Thanks. I will try to stop by Saturday afternoon to observe. Unfortunately, I don't have four hours available. 

No.  My schedule was too tight.  I ran over to the building said hi and then returned to the main hall.  

I don't game a ton normally while here.  I have plenty of gaming at home so I tend to spend a lot of time in seminars and going through the hall.  

Are you at gencon? 

I wish, I only do PAX Prime because WoTC gives me a pass to run D&D for them. I'd love to make it some time (and meeting some of the guys from the boards would be a good reason to go, you among them).

Are you at gencon? 

It was good to meet, you Emerikol, if even for just a short while. I totally understand how tight schedules are for the convention. I was hoping to spend more time talking to people outside of events, but I didn't have internet access most of the time. Consequently, it was hard to communicate and coordinate anything outside of the three events that I was running and the handful that I attended.