Need to be able to hit enter when setting filter numbers

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Awesome job on this program thus far. It's going to be so much use, even in beta form.

One thing I noticed on initial inspection is that if I am browsing monsters and want to set the value of a level filter to, say, 30, I currently have two options. I can either hit the arrow keys to increase or decrease the lower and upper limits, or I can type them into the fields manually. However, if I pick the second option, hitting enter after changing the number will not update the list - I actually have to click on one of the monsters in the list before it will update the filter. Being able to simply hit enter here (or having the list repopulate automatically with every key press) would be a big help.

Another thing I've noticed (and this really applies to character builder too) is a lack of support for the default windows shortcuts and options. The main thing I noticed was Undo (Ctr+Z). Being able to use Undo would be great.

Pretty awesome for a beta though!
I honestly hadn't noticed that hitting enter didn't work--I tend to tab through options, and hitting tab updates the filters automatically, as does clicking on any other filter field. IMHO, the list repopulating after every key press would be a Bad Idea, since it would need to filter for, say level 2 on the way to level 21. (This could be painful on older systems, and as the list gets longer.)
However, if I pick the second option, hitting enter after changing the number will not update the list - I actually have to click on one of the monsters in the list before it will update the filter.

Great feedback and I'll make sure it gets passed along!
Trevor Kidd Community Manager
Beat me to the punch. I just discovered this myself. :D
The same is true with the character builder on most everything here.
Try hitting tab after you enter the 30.