D&D Monster Builder Beta Launch

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all. I’m sure the addition of the Monster Builder forums hasn’t been missed by most of you, and I’ve been hinting at more news on Monster Builder for the past couple weeks. Well, the news is here!

Sometime tomorrow, a Beta version of the D&D Monster Builder will be available for all D&D Insiders to download and play with. You should expect to see an official news article tomorrow that coincides with the Monster Builder Beta being up for download. As always, I’ll pop back in and update you if I learn anything new and interesting.

Trevor Kidd Community Manager

I knew using my question for will it be available tomorrow was worth it...

... tries to wait the long hours between now and then.
Huzzah!
Is this going to go live at midnight like dragon articles, or later during the day like CB updates?

Because if it's the latter, you know we'll get a ton of threads early tomorrow morning asking where it is and saying how dropped the ball has been.
I suspect that it will be mid-day tomorrow, similar to the CB updates...
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere

I figured, but I also figured it would be worthwhile to have a quote people could point to and say, "We already knew this, they haven't done anything wrong."
Where is it... the ball has been dropped.

No I'm f#$%in around, but I am really looking forward to this.

Allowing some leeway/wiggle room as it is a new product and all...
I am excited. Looking forward to trying this one out.

Just in time to bring feedback to Gen Con too. :D
Let me preface the following by saying I usually do not use excessive caps or punctuation.

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Planes Wanderer
oh woot! and double woot!

http://www.enworld.org

Stop by and say hi!

AWESOME! Thank goodness I have tomorrow off! :D
Really looking forward to this!

Bel
Originally Posted by WotC_RichBaker In related news, I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate your 3.5 rulebooks, and force you to convert to the new edition. Where do you live?
Aye, me too. Got some NPCs that this will be real handy for.
I must say, I'm really looking forward to this, esp. if it's an offline tool (is it? I don't remember.) I think tools like this, that help play at the tabletop, are a much better use of WOTCs programming resource than "virtual desktops" and "character visualizers". Please, more like this!
Earth Delta!! Post-atomic mutants using D&D 4e rules. 600+ pages of mutations, monsters, and occasional sarcasm.
Alma Mater review and walkthrough!A look at the infamous early-80s High School RPG, with illustrations by the great Erol Otus.
I hope my PC can handle it.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

I hope my PCs can handle it

I guess if it handles CB it should handle MB.
Thats just it. I can't use the Character Builder.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Yeah, I know it is early in the day but I am itching to see this one pop up.

Wow.

So, how DO you connect to the Internet on a TRS-80 Model I?

(I'm sorry, I kid, I kid...seriously, I never actually looked at the system requirements for CB, I just assumed they were pretty low as it's mostly a colorful graphic shell on a database program... I wrote very similar tools for GURPS and Hero on an 8 MHZ Mac+ using just Hypercard. By the standards of a computer, the game rules work needed for a character generator is not worth mentioning, and even a few thousand feats, powers, etc are trivial to search through, filter, and display.)
Earth Delta!! Post-atomic mutants using D&D 4e rules. 600+ pages of mutations, monsters, and occasional sarcasm.
Alma Mater review and walkthrough!A look at the infamous early-80s High School RPG, with illustrations by the great Erol Otus.
One of the big problems with character builder is the lack of proxy support or an offline download option. You HAVE to have a non-proxied internet connection or you are unable to update the software. The best PC in the world cannot run it if you are forced through a proxy for your internet connection.
Soooooo...is it ready yet?

How about now?

Maybe now?

(Repeats form now until linkage is provided)

P.S Glad the beta is coming this early, i think a lot of DDI subscribers will apreciate it.
I mentioned it before but this is a good time to drop the beta. It gives us a couple weeks to play around with it, give feedback on the forums and then maybe provide some valuable feedback in person at Gen Con.
Wow.

So, how DO you connect to the Internet on a TRS-80 Model I?

(I'm sorry, I kid, I kid...seriously, I never actually looked at the system requirements for CB, I just assumed they were pretty low as it's mostly a colorful graphic shell on a database program... I wrote very similar tools for GURPS and Hero on an 8 MHZ Mac+ using just Hypercard. By the standards of a computer, the game rules work needed for a character generator is not worth mentioning, and even a few thousand feats, powers, etc are trivial to search through, filter, and display.)

My laptop died, and I'm on a 9 year old desktop back up. Not many programs like running on Windows ME. Heck, there is one issue of Dragon I can't open. My ancient adobe reader (5.0 I think) thinks it's damage. Going to be a bit longer before I can upgrade or get repairs as well . . . I'm just thankful for the compendium.

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
What with the launch of the Monster Builder, I will be locking this thread. All further discussion should take place in the official thread, located here.

Wow! I am sorry for you then. Even my ancient system here (Pentium 4 maxed out at 1 Gig of RAM) can handle it.
Sign In to post comments