D&D iPhone App

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can we get a D&D iPhone App that's similar to the Facebook app or something?
That would do what?

Similar to Facebook app? Those don't even really make sense since Facebook is a social network site where D&D is a game property.

Character builder? Encounter builder? Compendium?

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

Similar to Facebook app? Those don't even really make sense since Facebook is a social network site where D&D is a game property.

Sigh... It's called D&D Tiny Adventures. Google it.
Sigh... It's called D&D Tiny Adventures. Google it.

OOOOOOH! You're talking about the D&D app for FACEBOOK not the Facebook app for the iPhone.

<3 Tiny Adventures. I died a lot though.

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

I’ve removed content from this thread because flaming is a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code of Conduct here: http://forums.gleemax.com/community_coc.php

Please keep your posts polite, respectful, and on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.

Thank you.
OOOOOOH! You're talking about the D&D app for FACEBOOK not the Facebook app for the iPhone.

<3 Tiny Adventures. I died a lot though.

I've heard of that, but never thought it was worth making a Facebook to play. Am I wrong?
If anything I say is wrong, clueless or spelt incorrectly, it is because, I am, in general, wrong, clueless and... Well, I'm usually spelt correctly.
I've heard of that, but never thought it was worth making a Facebook to play. Am I wrong?

I will just say, I will not disagree with that viewpoint. ;)
Take a look at this for a really well made D&D "app" for the iPhone.

Well, it's actually a website that you go visit, but since the iPhone requires an internet plan, it's no big deal.

TBP
A D&D app that created a PC "sheet" with hyperlinked text giving you access to essentially the entire PHB would be totally awesome. Way better than a digital application for a laptop or whatever - because you carry your iPod with your everywhere, and it's easy to hold onto during a game.

Instead of a sheet and a couple index cards - iPhone app. That'd be awesome.

For that matter, I'd get the PHB in iPhone form, with all the hyperlinks and everything. The Hypertext d20 is awesome. Having a 4e version of the core books literally at your fingertips is something I would pay for.
I'm sure the char builder could be adapted, an iPhone PHB would be great too.

There's a typo in your URL. It's supposed to be iplay4e.appspot.com
There's a typo in your URL. It's supposed to be iplay4e.appspot.com

Thanks. Fixed.

TBP
Four of the six players at my weekly D&D game (including me, the normal DM) have iPhones.

I would absolutely love an iPhone application version of the Compendium! It would be handy for me to quickly look up monsters and items, and useful for players if they want the detailed description of an item, power, etc.

Even if it were an iPhone-specific formatted web application, it would be extremely useful!

An eventual iPhone application or web application that players could review their characters with would also be great, if a means to upload a character to either a personal or group web service would become part of the D&DI subscription.

Thanks!

Thanks, Pherret, for pointing people my direction. I wanted to add that development on the site is, to a large degree, user-driven. So if it's not quite what you want it to be, please stop by and request the features you want! (Well, the features that I can legally implement. A PHB, for instance, is right out ;) - but handy links to appropriate Compendium entries are not.)

Well, it's actually a website that you go visit, but since the iPhone requires an internet plan, it's no big deal.

Another note: the site can be useful even when you're not online. Once you're viewing a character on your iPhone or iPod touch, it's all local - no more internet required. So you can load your character up before you head to your buddy's place to play.

Finally, I want to clarify that iplay4e doesn't require an iGizmo of any sort. It will work in any modern browser, and I believe it's the most user-friendly character sheet out there. And DMs can even bring up multiple characters in a compact side-by-side format so they have the entire party up on a single web page.

Cheers,
Andrew
areutter,

I'm really digging your character web application. I tried it out last night, and left some feedback in the forum there. Keep up the good work!
Nice work!
Sign In to post comments