Feedback Thread: 02/11 Digital Insider

388 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi folks,

Setting this feedback thread in advance for the next Digital Insider, due to go live tomorrow.

Many thanks!
Well, I for one am glad a fork's in it, and I'm also happy that Bill apparently took the forum feedback to stick said fork in Insider to heart.

And good show with the stuff at the end. Monk? Monk in -May-? Monk in LFR by the end of May? Oh, the sweetness.

-Sutro
He finally got it right at the end!
That is EXACTLY what the weekly insider should look like.

Of course, now its all over... The Irony.
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Would I be too cynical in translating the implicit message as "After sacking the people who were finally making a good impression with PR, we've discovered it's a lot harder than we thought, so we're canning this"? *sighs*
First thing for people working on providing new features should remember: People hate change for the sake of change. They usually don't mind genuine improvements, but change just because it's change and therefore cool tends to get hackles raised. Second thing for people working on providing new 'improved' features should remember: It shouldn't be hard for users to figure out how to turn them off if they don't like them. Just because the programmer thinks he's had a great idea doesn't mean everyone else is going to agree with them.
Assassins, familiars, and monks... oh my!

I don't think I can wait for all that good stuff... anyone know any relatively harmless ways I can knock myself out for about 3 months?
1. Kudos to Bill for listening to what we had to say
2. More Kudos to Bill for taking our curmudgeonry and using it for some self deprecation about it.

DI updates are dead, and I'm fine with that. I look forward to providing feedback as a D&DI member to have a (small)voice in direction the progression.
The last DDI?

"When this column began, information was streaming at an amazing rate. It was a time of constant change and constant growth, and we had a lot to let you know about. That’s no longer the case, and as many of you have recognized, I don’t have a ton of new information to pass along on a weekly basis. So, this will be the last regularly scheduled installment of Digital Insider. "

Does this mean no progress is being made?

"We will stay in touch, just not on a weekly basis. When we have something new or exciting to say, you’ll see it as a news item, or on the message boards, or in an editorial or column. In most cases, we’ll use a combination of these methods to best get the word out."

OK how about those promised PDFs, auto renew or Paypal to mention a few outstanding issues? Seeing news items require dealing with the web site (which has been an issue from at least launch of 4th if not before with occasional fixes and occasional failures), reading the editorials require being a member and getting the word out in general has been a failure to communicate the bad with the good.

Ending this column which for the most part had nothing of use to say makes sense, however also indicates WotC really does not want to tell the people what is going on. Oh seeing the Hasbro profit reports it of course could mean that bandwidth usage has been restricted and or another round of force adjustment is coming.

The few of the community asked for more information and the answer is less.

End feedback before I say other things.
Plans are always subject to change.
So any timeframe on the other dnd insider stuff. When i heard about the online tabletop i thought it be out by now. But it seems like it atleast a year away just from the lack of news on it. Also do to the fact that preview page for the other stuff is gone.

When i heard about 4th ed i was lead or wrongfully believed that it come with a online version of the book you bought. and that online tool would quickly follow.
You asked for feedback, here it is.

I'm struggling with how to give Wizards my money. I want to give Wizards my money. I've enjoyed LFR quite a bit, and feel guilty that I'm getting so much enjoyment with very little monetary output. I'm signed up for Insider, and I've bought the core books, but I'm not really interested in other materials. Here's why:

* I don't want a whole shelf of books I won't use very often. I have a huge pile of 2E books from before my recently-ended 10-year hiatus from D&D. I don't want to shlep around a ton of books either.
* I don't want a huge briefcase full of tiles either. I'd be happy to pay $5 for a high-rez map I can have printed at kinkos. Were I to own my own game shop, I'd be interested in buying laminated version of maps for LFR and Scales modules.
* I don't want to buy a box of randomized minis. I hear you're solving this issue, so I won't dwell on it too much. But I need 10 kobolds for my next module--how many booster packs would I have to buy to get them?
* I don't want to manage a bunch of update files and books with notes written in them. Electronic resources have infinitesimal costs to update, they should be.
* I don't want to manage a bunch of LFR adventure logs. I'd be happy to look at banner ads or Google ads to have a real RPGA Web site that lets me show my characters' history off to my friends. I'd even be interested in a standard Web 2.0 model: 1 character is free but up to 10 characters costs $5/month and was tied to my RPGA number.
* I like plotlines. Story is why I play D&D. I'd be much more interested in buying a pack of minis if they were the exact ones I needed for a certain LFR module. I'd pay the price of an MTG booster for RPGA legal power/item/creation cards that were only usable during a 6-month window that represented a plotline.

I know that RPGA/LFR and D&D 4E aren't exactly the same entities, but since LFR is 99% of my gateway to D&D, it's where I see most of the opportunity. The character builder is a great first step. There is so much opportunity in this space, however.
I too would love to see the digital tabletop, and the character imager (tabletop first please!). But Playtest the monk!? My favoritest 3e class ever! This makes me happy beyond reason.:invasion:
He finally got it right at the end!
That is EXACTLY what the weekly insider should look like.

Of course, now its all over... The Irony.

*blink* What is right about it?

Other then polls that they appear to ignore in the past there is nothing about DI.

The only thing close to DI is information/advertisement of what will (might?) appear in up coming ezines. The ezines a completed component of the DDI intuitive (barring some complaints about lack of content and complied PDFs).

I am not sure what you expected that you considered this article right compared to the last few, however you clearly are entitled to your opinion.

Where is news about the other aplications? Perhaps a screen shot showing lighting working better. A report that integration of Visulizier with the CB has been getting closer to completion. Anything that indicates progress would be nice and for me planned articles to be released is not progress to be reported. Articles are expected.

I just not understand how you believe this is what "weekly insider should look like", when it is nothing I expected it should look like.
Where are the polls and surveys he refers to?
Where are the polls and surveys he refers to?

The forum has popup polls, if you block popups like I do you will never see them.

Also the website from time to time has polls that you can vote on, I believe the main D&D page is the only place they occur.
Monks in May as a Playtest Class. Finally, the Monk is featured. I'm disappointed its not going to be in PHB 2. PHB 3. Hurm. So when is that going to be published? 2010?

I think Wizards has "jumped the shark" on the Core Books. The classes and races we had been accustomed to in the 3rd Edition core books should have been in the PHB1. Put all the wacky races (Dragonborn, Tieflings etc.,) in the PHB2 etc., and the new classes that weren't in the 3e core books. I think this was a poor decision on Wizards part to keep stringing us along with races and classes that were core in 3E (Gnomes, Half-Orcs, Monks, Sorcerors, Bards, Barbarians...) and seeding them in other 4e books.
Finally! Monks! Ive waited so long!

Now, I must count the days to May.....

* I don't want a whole shelf of books I won't use very often. I have a huge pile of 2E books from before my recently-ended 10-year hiatus from D&D. I don't want to shlep around a ton of books either.
* I don't want a huge briefcase full of tiles either. I'd be happy to pay $5 for a high-rez map I can have printed at kinkos. Were I to own my own game shop, I'd be interested in buying laminated version of maps for LFR and Scales modules.
* I don't want to buy a box of randomized minis. I hear you're solving this issue, so I won't dwell on it too much. But I need 10 kobolds for my next module--how many booster packs would I have to buy to get them?
* I don't want to manage a bunch of update files and books with notes written in them. Electronic resources have infinitesimal costs to update, they should be.
* I don't want to manage a bunch of LFR adventure logs. I'd be happy to look at banner ads or Google ads to have a real RPGA Web site that lets me show my characters' history off to my friends. I'd even be interested in a standard Web 2.0 model: 1 character is free but up to 10 characters costs $5/month and was tied to my RPGA number.
* I like plotlines. Story is why I play D&D. I'd be much more interested in buying a pack of minis if they were the exact ones I needed for a certain LFR module. I'd pay the price of an MTG booster for RPGA legal power/item/creation cards that were only usable during a 6-month window that represented a plotline.

I agree so much with these bullets! I'm bying non-D&D miniatures, because I hate the idea of buing random miniatures. I don't want 20 books in my shelf, which I'm only going to use whenever I create a new character, and which will gradually be less complete and overview-like as more books are added (hurrah for the compendium and the builder).
Please press on with the other digital components we were promised: the visualizer and the gametable. I would pay much more for those than for more books.
"where we are"

Lets see. NO info on the next tool to be worked on. NO info on the auto renew issue. Just more bones about new classes coming out in PH3. Another ad. How about some info on where you are going?

Bill does not get what these articles should be about at all. I'm glad its over because if they are not going to give any real info, it should not be written.

Looks like WOTC is going back to keeping the customer base totally in the dark. Between lack of info on the prgress of the tools to be worked on and the lack of product description on the product page, looks like WOTC wants to kill DnD.
Why don't you say clearly if you're working or not in the rest of the DDI software? I am sure that if you were working on it, you could probably write weekly news about it, at least only to say, "the virtual gametable is going fine we are are now working on ..." or something like that.

I personally won't pay without having this promised programs, since I understand that my money is not supporting you to create them.

But maybe this is the real problem, you are scared that people cancel their suscription if you announce that you are not working in any of the programs anymore.
Why don't you say clearly if you're working or not in the rest of the DDI software? I am sure that if you were working on it, you could probably write weekly news about it, at least only to say, "the virtual gametable is going fine we are are now working on ..." or something like that.

I personally won't pay without having this promised programs, since I understand that my money is not supporting you to create them.

But maybe this is the real problem, you are scared that people cancel their suscription if you announce that you are not working in any of the programs anymore.

All I want is a yes or no answer on if they are still working on the other apps for DDI. Lack of info when they first launched 4th ed on DDI is what got them in this situation in the first place. You would think they would learn from that.

Thay are not getting my money until I know for sure that:

1. The auto renew issue is resolved.
2. They tell the customer base if they are going ahead with the other DDI apps.
Well at least I no longer have to waste 5 minutes on Wed. mornings any longer. I am happy that they're going to be using their time to do other things but I have a hard time seeing that this will bring our tools (that we all seem to reallllly want) out any faster.

It's a shame that they're losing an opportunity to make an impact with the online community but with as much complaining as they got for it on a weekly basis (guilty as charged), I understand not wanting to waste the time to write it.
IMAGE(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/SoulCatcher78/techdevil78.jpg)
Well, if all these polls/surveys are pop-ups, they're not going to get my input, just because I block all pop-ups. I would suggest a link @ the head of the forums when you first enter the site for any polls they're running.
Bill,
Bravo! There's no need to waste time and energy on a useless weekly column.
Well, as much as I wasn't finding much use out of the column lately, I was hoping that instead of cutting content (a trend....) that they would find a way to give us a bone in these.

Oh well.

So many unanswered questions about paypal, renewal, number of articles, tools being worked on.....and so little communication.

What would I do:
1. Have an FAQ with known questions and answers. Update it every other week, even if the update is "unknown".

2. Provide insiders with a nugget each week. Give us the stats for a monster from an upcoming book. Give us a map from an upcoming book. Give us a feat or power that was cut from a book. Something.

3. Increase, not decrease, communication. Has a single developer updated their blog lately? Heck, give insiders access to designer blogs, that are updated once in awhile.
Since the last DDi column folds without any promises of new tools, or deadlines, I can only assume that the decision has been made to not work on them for the time being.
I bet the development staff has been laid off already and only those who update the character builder and website are still working in the IT department.
Shortly after the publication of 3.5, my gaming group who had been together for 10+ years moved around the U.S. We took a hiatus from gaming.

We had been looking around at virtual tabletop software and trying to figure out how to get back in to running a weekly game when 4e came out. I went to my local shop and took at look at the first chapter, seeing the information about DDI and the virtual tabletop and dungeon builder.

Stupidly, I imagined that no company would release books detailing content they had not actually built. Even moreso, they wouldn't release books detailing content they had no intention of releasing for a year or more. So I purchased a full set of the core books for 6 players. Only to get home, go to the site, and mash my face against the wall.

I continue to support DDI, because I want it to be successful. These developers simply must engage in a little PR and open communication. I work in a similar industry, where 11 million people or so are ready to comment on my work on a daily basis without knowing anything about what I actually do. I completely understand how frustrating that is. But you know what solves it? Communication. Yes, people will still be pissy, but at least they will not be in the dark. It does the company no long-term good to hide lack of progress in the shadows. When you lose customers to manipulation, you do not gain those customers back.

What is going on with DDI development? What are you working on? How many people are working on it? What kind of builds do you have? Are we in photoshop still here or are we actually seeing something coded and rendered? Your development team take 2 weeks off for D&D XP? Okay! Just let your PAYING customer base know about this stuff. We are paying for products that we have been promised and are not yet receiving. The absolute least that the development staff can do is tell us what is going on.

The Digital Insider column is great in theory, rough in execution. It's not supposed to be marketing, it's supposed to be communication. Tell us where you are, and when we can expect to get the things we've been supporting for so long.
It was a nice run while it lasted, but, to be honest, I am surprised that they didn't kill off the column sooner. DDI has reached a weird point where there is, to be brutally honest, not much information that can be put out on a regular basis.

I think that Bill saw that, over the last several issues of DI, that he was simply putting out previews of the next week of Dungeon and Dragon, and that "the natives were getting restless".

He realized that DDI was at a point where they didn't have any real info that could go out anytime soon, and that the information/updates that people are/were looking for could just as easily go out through more intermittent articles, or through WotC_Chuck, WotC_DM or other devs, through editorials n Dungeon or Dragon, or news articles that they post themselves.

Don't take the end of DI as a regular feature to mean that all communication between DDI staff and you will end. I send weekly updates to them on the status of the forums. What people like, and what people don't like. What people want changed, and what things they don't want changed.

Once they get closer to the beta of the next tool, and things start getting to a point where new information *can* be given out on a regular basis, I feel confident that we will see more regular issues of DI.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
It's been three years since you merged the plans for 4e with the digital initiative, two years since you announced your plans to the public, and a year since you launched the game. In all that time, you've managed to complete one of your goals--and it's not the one people were most interested in seeing, either.

Having been in a corporate IT group that got to clean up a three-year-old project that wasted $100 million with no deliverables, I don't envy your task. But you can't continue stringing customers along like this and expect them to remain customers. You--and I mean you, Bill--need to either 'fess up to the fact that DDI has been canceled beyond the magazines and the character builder, or give an un-retouched picture of where the project is at.

And if I can make a suggestion, for Pete's sake, look into licensing. There are at least two companies with online game tables that would work, and could be released within months to the WoTC customer base.
I am very disappointed about how Insider has been handled. Lately deadlines are often not respected, and most of all the only useful product to a dm is the compendium. The problem is that, from the columns, you guys are always try to convery something like "it is a big journey", and you are doing a great job, even if some things are not really going as planned.
Truth is that, many of us were looking for the things you promised and advertised from the beginning , such as the gaming table (leave the visualizer, its sounds just like an appendix of the table..). We have an account that gives a lot of problems (example; why do I have to log on again every 20 minutes.. it takes me 6-8 hours of work to prepare a session, dont you think is uncomfortable?), and all the comunications we receive from you are like if nothing happened, most of the content is not too useful (Do you really feel that the preview of the sorcerer is what we need? we are going to get the PH2 anyway , all of us, are there really so many people which will playtest a class for 3 levels - If there are I assume they have a lot of free time and they are not running a long , structured campaign).
Don't get me wrong, I gave a chance to 4 ed, I have been an hard hard hardcore gamer for more than 12 years. I am testing and appreciating 4th edition, especially as a DM it has very simple rules that let me focus on other important things (however I am finding skill challenges a bit monotone by now), I just dont think that , with a company like Hasbro backing you up, it is fair to promise a lot and deliver almost nothing to people who paid you for yearly subs. (I am sure we wont get all the contents by the end of 2009).

I completely agree with Mudbunny, being in a similar situation as his..
This is what I think they should do:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog

free or pay, but something like this.
Stuff I want:

1) The Character Visualizer:
-- it looked like it worked pretty well at Gen Con and earlier.
-- if it's mostly done, might as well finish it.
-- most computer games (rpgs, MMOs, Sims, etc) have this kind of thing; it's not like making the Character Builder; there are people out there who already make these products

2) A NPC and Template creation/application tool.
I like slapping templates on monsters or making them Elites or Solos. I like slapping NPC templates on monsters too. It would be great if this could be automated in the Character Builder or something. I still have to do it by hand.

3) Other Character Builder Add-ons:
- A "Print to PDF" function on Character Builder. Please?
- Make those journal pages printable as part of the character sheet.

4) Improved Compendium Functionality, including...
- Easy-grab stat blocks. They need to be printable. A tool that allows us to grab stat blocks onto a single sheet and save them as an image or pdf would be invaluable. We really should be able to save them; longer log times don't solve all the problems. Sometimes there's a weak internet signal in the room you're playing in, sometimes you get logged off in the middle of a game and the DM has to fiddle with the computer in the middle of the action... This sucked in last night's game. Sure, you can copy the blocks into Word, but the formatting is weird and then you're sorting through sheets of paper. We just need to be able to download or grab or at the very least print, stat blocks from the Compendium.
- Traps, Hazards, and Diseases need to be included.
- Better keyword searching. Look up "Human" in the Compendium and notice you don't get monsters from the Monster Manual. Stuff like that.

I have a feeling the Game Table is way, way, way far off so I'm not even going to ask for that yet. The above would improve my game significantly.
I don't think anyone is very surprised that this article has come to an end as a weekly installment. I am a bit surprised that WoTC wasn't even willing to keep it around as a regular monthly feature, at least. It sounds like it is now going to be a "when we have some juicy news, this is where it will pop up" article.

It seems to me that the danger here, at least from the forum community's perspective, is that with no regular "official" communication about the status of DDI, speculation will run rampant. People will grab onto snipets of info from any source they can find and then make some wild extrapolations from that info. I don't think this is the best way to go.

Personally, I despise surveys and I am very unlikely to participate in many of them.
Oh noes DDI is vaporware!!!!111one11
Digital Insider stopping? And how do the majority of paying customers read this?

* No virtual gaming table
* No Character Visualizer
* No Dungeon Builder

I guess I'm glad that I only paid the $5/month price for DDI. Hey listen, I'm happy with the tools that have been provided. It makes my life as a DM, and the life of my players, much easier, and I appreciate that.

But at the same time, I got excited about 4th edition because of the virtual gaming table and the ability to make customized v-mins, and having the functionality to build an entire adventure on my desktop. And now, it seems like I've got to go back to 3rd party tools to make that happen.

I understand that the priority right now is to pump out a bunch of material, to help buff out the 4th edition resources and keep people interested, but I still feel like there were expectations made on the state of the "full" suite of online tools. And now, instead of even saying "hey guys, it's gonna be a couple of years" on the outstanding online stuff, they just decide to pull a government trick and not mention it at all. WTF?

Hey, I've done my party... I've got every 4th edition book published so far. I've bought mins, and tiles, and adventures and resources, and I play almost every week. I'm committed, but I want to at least know when, if ever, we can expect the rest of the suite of online tools.

Can't a guy even get that much?
Its very sad that D&DI is still so very far from the initial promises last summer/early summer. I've been happy to build up my pre-bought adventures to date, buying the printed adventures in my local gaming store and paying for, and downloading, the character generator (eventually) and the pdf magazines.

However, like so many others, I struggle to find a local gaming group, and therefore the main attraction of D&DI to me has been the promise of the virtual gaming table. If this is no longer forthcoming then I plan to just go with the 4th ed. resources I've gathered so far, and run with those (plus adventures of my own creation).

Finally, as much as I do enjoy 4th edition, and as much as the system does what it does very well, I do find its reliance on maps awkward. Yes, I know it can be run without maps and minis (or coins, tokens or whatever), but it does remove me & my gaming group from picturing scenes in our imaginations. I know this is a personal preference thing, but in this regard I now much prefer World of Darkness.

In 3rd ed., I used maps to a degree, to show my gaming group where things were at, but at least there wasn't the heavy reliance on being 5 or 6 squares away from the big beastie, it was more flexible than that.

Those are some of my thoughts on these matters, some might agree with me, others will disagree.
I agree with many here that I'm glad he's not going to do this weekly - it was becoming a completely wasted effort.

As a subscriber, I just don't understand why there can be no mention of the next product they're are actually developing. Like many here, I work in the IT world, sometimes guiding largish projects. I do understand not wanting to over-commit again, but it makes no sense not to tell us which projects are seeing actual development. From the accumulated recent material, there's no way subscribers can't feel a sense of doom.

I have the distinct feeling the base decisions have already been made about which projects will see near term development, and which are placed in limbo depending on sales/subscriptions/resources. Not sharing any of this information cannot be good for sales or marketing.

In spite of the coolness of the CB, the overall progress is still very disappointing.
As a subscriber, I just don't understand why there can be no mention of the next product they're are actually developing. Like many here, I work in the IT world, sometimes guiding largish projects. I do understand not wanting to over-commit again, but it makes no sense not to tell us which projects are seeing actual development. From the accumulated recent material, there's no way subscribers can't feel a sense of doom.

Here is why I think they are not disclosing anything until they are closer to a beta.

[hypothetical]
They say that they are working on tool X, and that it is in closed alpha at WotC.

3 weeks go by, and no mention of it moving to beta.

There will then be a flurry of posts of the type:
[indent]...It is obvious that the programmers they have are crap and should be fired...I could put something out like this in a weekend...They are lying to us...[/indent]

[/hypothetical]

That is what the character builder experience has taught them. They are also wary of over committing and then being forced to change plans, which has already happened once.
thank you bill, for canceling - well, nothing, really.

someone, somehow, should have noticed over at WOTC that there are many people frustrated by the way wotc handles its online affairs. instead of making things better, and actually starting and trying to communicate, they cancel it altogether.

while mudbunny is right, that there will always be those assumptions and speculations, i have to say that this type of effect can only grow when a company does not properly plan or communicate. WOTC software department is completely unable to plan anything - that has been proven over and over again. OK, so they'd need someone to keep communicating. A person most people could live with, has been laid off, replaced by automatic ads, and a month later, replaced by nothing.

THATS THE DIGITAL INITIATIVE WE WANT; DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT?
Here be dragons: IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/cydyvkj/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/c54g6ac/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/csw6fhj/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/cbxbgmp/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/cz7v5bd/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/ccg9eld/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/c8szhnn/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/cp68b5u/.gif)
56767308 wrote:
Sadly, I don't think this has anything to do with wanting Next to be a great game. It has to do with wanting Next to determine who won the Edition War. [...] For those of us who just want D&D Next to be a good game, this is getting to be a real drag.
57870548 wrote:
I think I figured it out. This program is a character builder, not a character builder. It teaches patience, empathy, and tolerance. All most excellent character traits.
[hypothetical]
They say that they are working on tool X, and that it is in closed alpha at WotC.

...It is obvious that the programmers they have are crap and should be fired...I could put something out like this in a weekend...They are lying to us...
[/hypothetical]

Do you really think that?

As far as I know the most of games in development have a forum where people can discuss about little things that the developing people are releasing, even before than an alpha or a beta of the game, and the people don't complain about that, because they already know when will the game be realised more or less, and the most important thing they know for sure that they are really doing the game, I think the situation is quite different here.
[hypothetical]

...It is obvious that the programmers they have are crap and should be fired...I could put something out like this in a weekend...They are lying to us...
[/hypothetical]

Do you really think that?

I *know* that it will happen. It happened with the Character Builder, and pretty much every tool that they have put out.

Now it won't be the majority of the posts, but it will be enough that it will discourage WotC from announcing anything until they have stuff to show. Take this thread for example.

No (or next to no) comments on the upcoming goodies he did mention :The Assassin, Familiars, and the Monk (as playtest, not preview).

As far as I know the most of games in development have a forum where people can discuss about little things that the developing people are releasing, even before than an alpha or a beta of the game, and the people don't complain about that, because they already know when will the game be realised more or less, and the most important thing they know for sure that they are really doing the game, I think the situation is quite different here.

And this forum *is* here. People can discuss things, there will be information continue to be released (despite what some people would have you believe), and there will still be communication between WotC and forum users.

Bill is very much caught between a rock and a hard place. They are at a point where there is simply not any information to share.
And this forum *is* here. People can discuss things, there will be information continue to be released (despite what some people would have you believe), and there will still be communication between WotC and forum users.

yeah it's here, and it has been over 2 months since any serious information has come down from wotc to the community via the means of this forum. it would be only logical to scrap this forum as the next step, since there's not really any information to be gained here anymore. i have not seen any post here except by chuck, and his work duty seems to be only "chill emotions" and not "spill facts"

---
and yes, some of those things will happen. but the majority of users works differently than you want them to be. if wotc would give them even the tiniest reason to believe, they'd do so. without communication or any proof of what they are doing, it does not matter whether they put out information or not - people will never trust those who only SAY what they are LIKELY doing, and never put up any confirmational facts as well. simple screenshots every now and then would have been enough to satisfy most of the critics. a blog of DM containing his work week, could be as simple as "fixed bugs #117 and #118, but that damn display bug is still killing me" - would be very very great, easy to do, and over all: give people a feeling that those people really work on what they tell you they'd supposedly do.
Here be dragons: IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/cydyvkj/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/c54g6ac/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/csw6fhj/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/cbxbgmp/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/cz7v5bd/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/ccg9eld/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/c8szhnn/.gif)IMAGE(http://tinyurl.com/cp68b5u/.gif)
56767308 wrote:
Sadly, I don't think this has anything to do with wanting Next to be a great game. It has to do with wanting Next to determine who won the Edition War. [...] For those of us who just want D&D Next to be a good game, this is getting to be a real drag.
57870548 wrote:
I think I figured it out. This program is a character builder, not a character builder. It teaches patience, empathy, and tolerance. All most excellent character traits.

I'm struggling with how to give Wizards my money. I want to give Wizards my money. I've enjoyed LFR quite a bit, and feel guilty that I'm getting so much enjoyment with very little monetary output. I'm signed up for Insider, and I've bought the core books, but I'm not really interested in other materials. Here's why:

Have you thought about purchasing the PDF version of those books?

Bertman
Sign In to post comments