It's Monday...Here's hoping...

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
So Monday is here...

Are we going to see the Beta today?

I hope so, especially as I have a game to run in 10 hours time
Ask again when I am awake!

Remember we live on the west coast here.

--
Mike.
Mike Donais. Cryptozoic R&D
Ask again when I am awake!

Remember we live on the west coast here.

--
Mike.

I thought the goal of DDI releases was to have them posted by 12:00am. Having said that I understand that this is something of a slightly different case. However given the expected download rush that should come when the application is finally posted, wouldn't it make sense to post it at midnight and let us east coasters download while the west coast is sleeping saving a lot of people the frustration of failing to connect due to the high traffic generated by everyone on both coasts, and in between trying to download all at the same time?

Regards,

Kalex the Omen

Kalex the Omen 
Dungeonmaster Extraordinaire

OSR Fan? Our Big Announcement™ is here!

Please join our forums!

Concerning Player Rules Bias
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
Gaining victory through rules bias is a hollow victory and they know it.
Concerning "Default" Rules
Kalex_the_Omen wrote:
The argument goes, that some idiot at the table might claim that because there is a "default" that is the only true way to play D&D. An idiotic misconception that should be quite easy to disprove just by reading the rules, coming to these forums, or sending a quick note off to Customer Support and sharing the inevitable response with the group. BTW, I'm not just talking about Next when I say this. Of course, D&D has always been this way since at least the late 70's when I began playing.

I thought the goal of DDI releases was to have them posted by 12:00am. Having said that I understand that this is something of a slightly different case. However given the expected download rush that should come when the application is finally posted, wouldn't it make sense to post it at midnight and let us east coasters download while the west coast is sleeping saving a lot of people the frustration of failing to connect due to the high traffic generated by everyone on both coasts, and in between trying to download all at the same time?

Regards,

Kalex the Omen

And also the rest of the planet....people do play outside of the US you know :P

waiting with anticipation....

Regards,

Kalex the Omen

I believe that they said that the articles would gu up at midnight.

For a beta-test of a program, especially one that is as core to DDI as the character builder, I think that it makes sense to wait until people can be there to quickly troubleshoot problems that will show up when it goes live.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
So that about 12pm est before the west coasters heard to work?
aye, anyone remember eve-online trinity fiasco? When software is released, people need to be there to oversee it's deployment.
I have been checking on and off all morning and haven't seen anything yet. I hope it is today, I would love to give it a try tonight at my game. :D
Still no go.
In there defense they just got to work 19 mins ago and are probally huddled around the coffee machine or eating breakfast.
Or they're hiding in their offices going "Oh dang! It's not ready! Those crazy internet people will EAT US!"

Or they're hiding in their offices going "Oh dang! It's not ready! Those crazy internet people will EAT US!"

East coasters love a good lunch filled with developers.
East coasters love a good lunch filled with developers.

That's right and boredom only fuels our hunger.;)
It's out!
Stupid work firewall.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
It's out!

when I first read that I thought it was a tasteless joke.. but it's out!

also, to some's dismay, it uses the download.asp method
Well this is not a good sign. Downloaded, installed, crashed as soon as I launch it. Can't get it to start. Vista ultimate x64 SP 1.
Crashed on attempted install with the error below. Not necessarily their fault - could be some essential component missing on my machine.

But disappointing nonetheless.

ASSERT: Pointer is NULL...
(registry.c/262)

Edit: I run Windows XP, SP2. Ah, but this runs .NET 3.0, which I'm guessing is the problem.
I posted answers in the install thread here:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1111518
Gorram it! I'm at work and can't download on this PC! Want so bad to try it out.

3 hours and counting!