I call BS on Insider prices.

118 posts / 0 new
Last post
Insider is $4.95 a month for an all online application! I'm getting Nintendo Power for 20 a year, and it's an actual magazine that's shipped to me. I'm sorry guys, but you folks at wizards messed this one up, bad.

For eveyone else, drop a line here if you want to call BS on this.
Insider is $4.95 a month for all online applications! I'm probably getting Nintendo Power for cheaper, and it's an actual magazine. I'm sorry guys, but you folks at wizards messed this one up, bad.

For eveyone else, drop a line here if you want to call BS on this.

Seems reasonable to me. It's not just an online magazine. It's also all the Insider apps (I assume they'll be working by the time the subscription starts), the Compendium, and possibly more support later on.

That said, I won't be subscribing, but that's just me and has nothing to do with the price.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.
I think it is quite a fair price, you get both magazines (which by your token if you subscribed to Nintendo Power twice then to equal the two, it be $40 a year).

Plus all the DDI tools, and the Compendium which will add crunch for all books/magazines that come out from WoTC. So you'll save lots of money that way by not having to buy books to get crunch.
Considering you're getting a hell of a lot more than a single magazine i don't see an issue with this.
Fair price. Two magazines and online tools access. I used to pay more than that for the newsstand price of Dungeon alone, and paid close to that for my Dragon subscription. And now I don't need to scan them to get them organized the way my laptop prefers.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I'm not quite excited enough to spring for the entire year for $60 ($4.95/month). If I subscribe, it will be for $7.95/month.

The magazines have always added imensely to my enjoyment of the D&D hobby. I bought Dragon Magazine off the newstand (around $8) each and every month, never missing a single issue, for something like fourteen years. So, paying $8 for both isn't too bad (I do miss print though). Of course, if I really like what I see, I'll eventually make an extended commitment and pay even less ($60/year, $4.95/month).

I'm not really interested in the online tools or the compendium. I'll be paying based strictly on what I see in the e-zines; that's the draw for me.
/\ Art
"Call BS" all you want; what exactly did you expect? They're advertising this as a package deal that includes a number of things... but you should note that the online tools we've been waiting for are not really part of the current delivery. Still, the two online magazines are worth a few bucks a month. $60 for a year's subscription isn't a shocker. I just hope they have subscription only boards so the signal to noise ratio goes up.
I call BS on you calling BS on Insider prices.

$60 for a total of 24 magazine issues is an entirely reasonable price in the industry. Some feel there should be a significant reduction since the content isn't physical - personally, I find it just as usable as when Dragon was in print, if not more so. If you feel otherwise, you are free to not subscribe.

Secondly, the subscription also comes with access to the Compendium - given that contains content from all the published product for 4E, that seems like a pretty significant value. I'm not saying all this is finished and perfect - but given what they are offering, the prices seem in no way out of line.
I will be getting this thread moved to the DDI General forum.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
Seems reasonable to me. It's not just an online magazine. It's also all the Insider apps (I assume they'll be working by the time the subscription starts), the Compendium, and possibly more support later on.

That said, I won't be subscribing, but that's just me and has nothing to do with the price.

I don't believe it's all the Insider apps. There was mention that prices will increase once the other apps - like the Virtual Tabletop, Character Generator, and what was the other one, the Visualizer, are ready to roll. Now, it may be that people who subscribe now won't have to pay for those until renewal time (it's not clear how they plan to make the changes), but for now, the $60 is for the magazines, the compendium, and the bonus tools.

I still think it's reasonable - it's in line with other online content subscriptions, anyway.
I'll be subscribing. I think its worth its value at current offering. If the price goes up with the addition of the other apps, eh, Id have to wait and see how well those actually play out before making any concrete promises.
I don't think it is an unfair price. The mags thus far have been fairly decent and IMO they are worth 6 bucks a month.

love,

malkav
I call Bs on the Bs. You're getting far more than one magazine subscription. Heck buying D&D *Dungeon and Dragon* Magazines were what ? 6.99 a peice? 7.99? And you're complaining about getting BOTH of those at HALF price and the online tools? There's just no satisfying some people.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
$5/month is exorbitant for the amount of content available at launch, and Wizards has stated a number of times that the price will increase as the entire suite of DDI tools becomes available. Make no mistake -- your $5 is getting you Dungeon, Dragon, the Compendium, the Encounter Builder, and the Ability Generator. Nothing more. When the D&D Game Table, Dungeon Builder, and character tools roll out, you can expect to see that price tag double.

I've been saying it since DDI was announced -- Wizards is pricing DDI like it is World of Warcraft (the first and only valid comparison between D&D4 and WoW), when it is much more similar to an online service like XBox Live, which costs $8/month and has significantly better value for the cost even than this initial DDI offering. I don't pretend to know if this price point will backfire on Wizards, but I have difficulty seeing anyone but dyed-in-the-wool, core demographic gamers paying the fee. I'm not sure if their broad vision is in line with the limited income that represents.

Personally, I don't know if I'll be paying the piper or not. I'm offended by the cost, but as a DM whose players are wholly enamored with D&D4, I feel like a subscription to Dragon is a virtual necessity, given the negligible amount of content currently available for the system on the open market. The free articles up until this point have been the only thing making the game playable, in my opinion. My hands may be tied.
Why would anyone, offended by the cost of DDI, feel that a subscription is a virtual necessity? Are our hands really being tied?

I don't think so. 4e is playable with just the core books, DDI is merely a supplement. Sure, there's things that aren't in the core books that I'd like to see (like say, the Barbarian) but that's where the supplements come in. Since the Barbarian playtest interests me, I'll buy the Dragon issue it shows up in. On the other hand, since I'm not so interested in the Domains of Dread, I'll skip that issue altogether.

As I see things, it's all about what supplements bring to the table. If Insider adds to my game somehow I'll buy; if not, I feel completely justified in passing it up. My hands aren't being tied, not by WotC at least; I make a choice, one way or the other ;).
/\ Art
4e is playable with just the core books, DDI is merely a supplement. Sure, there's things that aren't in the core books that I'd like to see (like say, the Barbarian) but that's where the supplements come in. Since the Barbarian playtest interests me, I'll buy the Dragon issue it shows up in.

The barbarian Playtest is free, and will remain free. There are discussions scattered around the forums. There are a couple in the DDI Forums, and I think one in the CHar Op forums as well.
The barbarian Playtest is free, and will remain free. There are discussions scattered around the forums. There are a couple in the DDI Forums, and I think one in the CHar Op forums as well.

Yeah, I know the playtest is free (and will remain so); I was just making a quick "for instance" ;).
/\ Art
OOPS, sorry 'bout that.

But the point you make is a good one.

All of the info from DDI is optional around your game table. You do not *need* to have it available or use it. You may *want* to, but want != need. Everyone must make their own decision as to whether the material presented is worth it to them. WHat is useful for one, is not for another.
Why would anyone, offended by the cost of DDI, feel that a subscription is a virtual necessity? Are our hands really being tied?
I don't think so. 4e is playable with just the core books, DDI is merely a supplement.

If you feel that way, then I am glad. Personally, I find that a PHB fighter is a PHB fighter is a PHB fighter (I won't go into my opinion that a PHB fighter is a PHB wizard is a PHB rogue here), and I'm already tired of it. I admit some exaggeration -- I'm trying to make a point as briefly as possible, here. D&D4 needs more options, and the new release philosophy, while ultimately a good if not excellent plan, is taking some time to ramp up. In the meantime, it seems to rely very heavily on Dragon.
As for the subscription of the magazine's I agree that the magazine's are worth that amount that they are currently advertising. As for the addition of extra tools to the D&DI suite that has me a bit confused. I had thought they they were going to give everyone a chance to use the suite to evaluate and then make it a subscription based affair. While the compendium is nice to have for a quick reference, I find that during game time I have enough books and people not taking their turn or being the primary focus of the encounter, that they can look up the rule/feat/power in question.

I like the concept of the character generator (which I think should have been the primary focus of the whole D&DI suite - since the first thing you want to do when you buy the books is make up a character), and some of the other components seem to be interesting, but again without trying them myself I don't want to go all in. I had also read that they will allow some tool to function for levels 1-3 which is a good start - but how will the virtual desktop work? You can only make encounters for levels 1-3? Probably questions that will be answered later.

I feel that the subscription price for the two magazine's is fair, and since we have had an ample taste of the product for a few months free, it should be a relatively easy choice for some as to whether or not subscribe. And others obviously feel insulted about having to pay for something that was free, and intangible. In a attempt to offset the cost our group had discussed getting a "group" subscription, where we would all chip in to get the services. But we also have some members of the group who feel throwing in a couple of bucks for a subscription is just waiting their money.

I only hope that they offer up the D&DI components free for a month or so prior to migrating them into a subscription only area, since I am a try before you buy type of guy.
I like the concept of the character generator (which I think should have been the primary focus of the whole D&DI suite - since the first thing you want to do when you buy the books is make up a character), and some of the other components seem to be interesting, but again without trying them myself I don't want to go all in. I had also read that they will allow some tool to function for levels 1-3 which is a good start - but how will the virtual desktop work? You can only make encounters for levels 1-3? Probably questions that will be answered later.

While there is going to be a beta (and later a Demo) of the Character Builder that's limited to creating characters of level 1-3, that doesn't mean there same restriction will apply to the other tools - or even guarantee there will be a Beta/Demo version of the rest of the tools.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the Beta/Demo of the visualizer would be limited to a few models (Humans, Elves, Halflings, no Tiefling, No Dragonborn - for example).

The Game Table would probably be time-limited (say, a half-hour, or unlimited use for a number of days).

I only hope that they offer up the D&DI components free for a month or so prior to migrating them into a subscription only area, since I am a try before you buy type of guy.

At DDXP earlier this year we were told that the completed suite would include a 10-day trial for anyone interested. Admittedly lots of things have changed since then, but I'd be surprised if there isn't SOME form of demo when the entire suite is available.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

@Major_Evil - WotC has stated that they will have demos and free trials for each new application in the suite of products, so you will absolutely be able to try before you buy. No details about the extent of the trial are available that I know of.

I don't have a quote or reference right now. Appologies for that. Will try to get it in later, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

the same price was stated to be reasonable because it included all of the virtual tabletop items. A lot of the same people who are now saying this price is reasonable are the same ones who said WotC wouldn't start charging until all of the advertised items were included. Now that WotC has done exactly that, the price of the magazines makes it worth the price?
What exactly is there in the magazines that's worth 6-8$ a month? An occasional adventure and a bunch or useless articles (including excerpts from upcoming books that are really just advertisements) is worth that?

Since they no longer have to pay for printing, charging as if they do is absurd. I truly hope the majority of 4E players see this for the rip-off it is.
I guess my biggest speed bump to subscription is the trial version of the software. While they have mentioned the limited version for the character builder of 1-3 levels, I like the wide open for 30 days version - but levels 1-3 is better then nothing.

If they do have the try before you buy then that would be excellent. It would also be nice if you could be presented with a checklist of what you want to subscribe to when you subscribe, and you bill will be modified accordingly. Although they have the "free ware" tools up there I personally don't find much use for the encounter builder (it doesn't give you stats, and it doesn't even give you a page number for reference of the monsters in the encounter) and the ability generator - well I have dice and I would hope the upcoming character generator will have this built in to it.

I would be interested in the trial information if you can put your hands on it.
the same price was stated to be reasonable because it included all of the virtual tabletop items. A lot of the same people who are now saying this price is reasonable are the same ones who said WotC wouldn't start charging until all of the advertised items were included. Now that WotC has done exactly that, the price of the magazines makes it worth the price?
What exactly is there in the magazines that's worth 6-8$ a month? An occasional adventure and a bunch or useless articles (including excerpts from upcoming books that are really just advertisements) is worth that?

Since they no longer have to pay for printing, charging as if they do is absurd. I truly hope the majority of 4E players see this for the rip-off it is.

The pricing for the entire suite is $15/13/10 per month on a 1/3/12 month subscription. That's the originally stated for the entire suite.

What's being offered today is a subscription for $8/6.5/5 per month, because they don't have the complete suite available.

It is NOT the same pricing that has been stated as being for the entire package.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

What exactly is there in the magazines that's worth 6-8$ a month? An occasional adventure and a bunch or useless articles (including excerpts from upcoming books that are really just advertisements) is worth that?.

I think that they magazines are worth the 4.95 a month. Since I use the Dungeon magazine's for the most part being a DM, and it just makes thing easier on me trying to balance work, family, and a table of salivating gamers. The $8/month is a bit high, but if your strapped for cash then I guess you can't fork out the $60 for the year.

I do agree with you that a majority of the articles are crap - the editorials, RPGA Reports, and save my game stuff really is not of much interest to me (maybe the odd idea is a good one). And to be honest I think that content should be in a blog somewhere for free, since I'm not buying a magazine to hear how some other group did this, or did that. One thing I would like to see again in the magazines is a updated FAQ (like the sage advice columns of yesteryear). Or just strip out those articles and add more substantial contributions like one more adventure etc.
My issue is the fact that you are just getting pieces of everything for $5-$8 per month. I find this ridiculous! I will have no issue paying for a finished product but from what I've seen with D&Di there is no way its worth any price right now. When the project has more working apps I'll be happy to re-evaluate and purchase but as is? No chance.
...but from what I've seen with D&Di there is no way its worth any price right now.

And I will have to disagree with you, as I've just paid for the subscription. To me, the magazines alone are worth the price; the fact that I get access to the Bonus Tools and the Compendium are a plus.
If you feel that way, then I am glad. Personally, I find that a PHB fighter is a PHB fighter is a PHB fighter (I won't go into my opinion that a PHB fighter is a PHB wizard is a PHB rogue here), and I'm already tired of it. I admit some exaggeration -- I'm trying to make a point as briefly as possible, here. D&D4 needs more options, and the new release philosophy, while ultimately a good if not excellent plan, is taking some time to ramp up. In the meantime, it seems to rely very heavily on Dragon.

Sounds like you don't like 4e as a system. Will more options improve the game for you? If so, then Insider's prolly a good thing to have. Maybe it would help to think about Insider not so much as a *requirement* to play 4e but as a way to add some exciting *options* to the game; it's a subtle difference but it puts you in control; you make the choice, it's not something implicit in the game. Know what I mean ;)?

I should admit (right up front) that 4e isn't my favorite D&D game. I bought the core books so I could play occassionally. Can't say I have much interest in the supplements, although I'm curious about Dragon/Dungeon. I think they will add to our games, especially if I don't pick up hardcover supplements as often (like I did in the past).

I admit that I'm a die-hard fan of the mags, have been for years. I'll buy 'em no matter what (can't deny it ;)). For others, the mags are entirely useless and no price is ever gonna be right. Most people prolly fall somewhere in the middle. Will DDI be a hit or a miss with these folks? I'm curious to find out ;).
/\ Art
WOTC listened and created a reasonable pricing scheme. I don't know how many times it can be said, "Two magazines plus bonus tools for the same price we used to get one magazine?" Yeah, that sounds like a great deal to me. I will miss the printed book in hand like everyone else but the functionality of a PDF magazine is HUGE!

I just paid for my subscription myself (3 month plan, couldn't afford 1 year but I will switch to 1 year in January). Money well spent. Looking forward to the rest of the tools when they get here.
I don't have a problem with the price, I do have a problem with there presentation and communication skills.

People are saying this may not be the price, that it may go up once you can actually use it as advertised or that you may only get some features for this price.
No one at WotC is doing any public relations, such as stating all this clearly or coming here and setting things straight.

The tools may or may not be ready, with no real mention of when they will be done for sure.

Had there been clarity on these issues and had they been handled correctly I would have signed up today, as I see it this obfuscation has cost them at the least my money and will continue to do so until they earn it by telling me straight whats going on and providing the tools I need and want at a fair price (fyi, I would pay the current listed price for everything but wouldn't find it a fair price if they charged more for the tools).
I don't have a problem with the price, I do have a problem with there presentation and communication skills.

People are saying this may not be the price, that it may go up once you can actually use it as advertised or that you may only get some features for this price.
No one at WotC is doing any public relations, such as stating all this clearly or coming here and setting things straight.

I e-mailed Randy about some of these concerns myself.

Specifically, I asked about the "prices subect to change" portion of yesterday's announcement, and whether that meant people would need to upgrade to get new tools, if new tools would be added to existing subscriptions and higher prices would only apply to new/renewing subscibers.

He gave me the honest answer that they haven't solidified those plans yet, and they're waiting to see how the launch goes for the next few days first and foremost.

So, while that may not be the answer people want to hear, its important to note information isn't being withheld from us - it just hasn't been decided upon yet.

What we WILL be getting is what we pay for. Subscribe to 12 months of "Web Content" insider - and you'll get your 12 months, with no cost increases - unless you choose to upgrade later (if they don't just give early subscribers the entire suite as a "thank you" of sorts).

I don't have much issue with the items in the DDi, as much as I do the price and the focus.

However, for me, this is not a blind spout of hate to Wizards.

I pay for 3 MMORGS, without issue. They are used by me and my family and mixed in with our other events, D&D night(s) and their school work, we still get a good 6-10 hrs a week each playing the games.

Our D&D group is close, so we have no initial need for the game table, and frankly we prefer face to face.

As such, while I'd pay $5-7.95/mo for the entire package (minus the game table), I realize that I will likely barely get 4-6 a month out of the DDi. I just have no reason why I'd expect to spend any more time with the DDi than I do my books in between game sessions.

I use an online character generator and storage system, if lucky I visit it twice a month to update characters for leveling or major changes. The rest is done on paper as we go.

V-minis really go with the table, and as such, have very little value to me.
While I applaud the effort on the visualizer, so far all the screen shots and demos I have seen look, well...like the Hulk did in the first movie, very out of place and fake. But beyond this, what am I, an adult, going to do with a picture of my character, and really how often will I be going back to update it?

I could go on, but the fact is, I just don't see the same weight in the DDi tools as I do in an online game, or other items I pay monthly for. Not because the tools are so bad, but they simply have limited usage.

The real money maker tool here is the game table.

I personally think Wizard's cloud do very well selling this at an added, extra, cost, 100% outside of the DDi. Let folks with both items sync their v-minis dungeons maps, and what not. Hell, for subscribers of *both* DDi and game table, let them import the Dungeon adventures into the table, ready to go with maps and encounters.

However, I don't really think, much like Gleemax, Wizard's will really see this product being used external to Wizard's and D&D. I don't see it bringing the RPG world together in one place, people just don't seem to flow that way. I expect most other users of game tables, playing non WotC games, to remain some place else.

Focus the game table on D&D 4E, allow it to link into the rules, alert the DM and players to rules issues, and or alerts to help the DM and players game. Give them the ability to turn this off if they care to free*all it, but bring the focus in house.

Anyway, my 2 copper. This is why I won't be subscribing, for any that care.

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"

Like I have said before, until all the bonus tools and stuff are complete and I can really use them... I'm just not going to subscribe just yet, maybe later on in a few months or so...
Sounds like you don't like 4e as a system.

That's what everyone tells me. Must be true.

Will more options improve the game for you? If so, then Insider's prolly a good thing to have. Maybe it would help to think about Insider not so much as a *requirement* to play 4e but as a way to add some exciting *options* to the game; it's a subtle difference but it puts you in control; you make the choice, it's not something implicit in the game. Know what I mean ;)?

Let me sculpt a metaphor for you. Wizards has sold me a Maserati with one wheel. I would like to drive the Maserati, but I have a problem. I can either wait for three years for the other three performance rims and tires to be released, one per year, or I can overpay for three donuts right now. That's not much of a choice no matter how you slice it.

Again, I acknowledge that there are plenty of people out there who are satisfied with the length and breadth of D&D4, and that's great. I think the system's got real potential. But at the moment I feel a little like a more appropriate (if old-school) form factor for the D&D4 core books would have been three-ring binders with plenty of room to spare.
That's what everyone tells me. Must be true.

Must be :P.

Let me sculpt a metaphor for you.

I get ya. First post just had me curious is all.
/\ Art
My difficulty with becoming a subscriber is that I want to read my magazines as magazines. I think the content has been great, though I have only read about 20% of it because I can't stand reading this sort of content on a computer monitor. I am unable to print it out, and most likely would not do so even were I able to do so on an employer's printer.

I would happily pay US$8 or $9 per issue for the Dragon and Dungeon magazines as printed magazines shipped to me.

Without that as an option, I just don't see myself forking over any money for digital magazines that I will never read.

Early on there was some talk of there being printed magazines. Is that still an option? This isn't my situation, but what do people who do not have ready, regular access to an online computer do who wish to own and read Dragon and Dungeon magazines?
My difficulty with becoming a subscriber is that I want to read my magazines as magazines. I think the content has been great, though I have only read about 20% of it because I can't stand reading this sort of content on a computer monitor. I am unable to print it out, and most likely would not do so even were I able to do so on an employer's printer.

I would happily pay US$8 or $9 per issue for the Dragon and Dungeon magazines as printed magazines shipped to me.

Without that as an option, I just don't see myself forking over any money for digital magazines that I will never read.

Early on there was some talk of there being printed magazines. Is that still an option? This isn't my situation, but what do people who do not have ready, regular access to an online computer do who wish to own and read Dragon and Dungeon magazines?

There's never been any (official) talk of the magazine being printed. The move to digital has been about going all-digital since it was announced at GenCon in 2007.

I posted this first thing in the morning, when I was in a foul mood and without a lot of time to post. To elaborate on my position:

I do not now, nor ever really plan on using the assorted tools that come with DDI. I will however admit that if they actually put everything that comes in any book into the compendium, then it would be worth it if the compendium didn't lock up as frequently as it did when I tried to use it to research power keywords. However, I strongly doubt that will be the case, and we'll most likely see it updated in a very infrequent and incomplete fashion, like the 3rd edition indexes were.

The solution I thought of would be to offer an alternate subscription that only allows access to the magazine, and not the tools or anything else. You could offer it at 2-3 dollars per month, and save around $24 at $3, or even $18 at $3.50. This would of course be in addition to the normal subscription, not a supplanting of it. I simply would like a low-cost, bare bones alternative.

In addition to claims that it's fair because the printed magazines were so much more expensive, it's a PDF. There aren't any printing costs. Admittedly I don't know how much extra money, if any, it has taken to make the magazines available for download, but I do know that you save on materials, mass publication, and distribution fees that it takes for a paper magazine to be produced. And with all the downloadable content they offer already, it can't cost them that much.

Once again, I did create this thread while tired, upset, and grouchy as a reflex, first thing in the morning, but I still stand by my belief that at the very least we could be offered a less expensive alternative in exchange for fewer features. I simply want more options.

So who's with me on choices?
Just to back up WolfStar's previous comments, I'm getting the same response. I went straight to the horses mouth, and asked Solice what the situation was with the subscription, and whether the web-only subscription would remain an option.

AsmodeusLore: Will Web-Only Subscriptions remain an option after the Full Package becomes available?
Wizo Solice: There is no answer on that yet, we are looking into our options. We wanted to see how the launch went before making a choice.
AsmodeusLore: for what its worth, my vote would be to keep the option. Seems like 90% of the forum users share that vote. The 90% number is completely made up, based on the fact that I haven't seen one person say they want to see the option go away.
Wizo Solice: *nod*

AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

What we WILL be getting is what we pay for. Subscribe to 12 months of "Web Content" insider - and you'll get your 12 months, with no cost increases - unless you choose to upgrade later (if they don't just give early subscribers the entire suite as a "thank you" of sorts).

And when it "auto-renews" as it said it will when I purchased, will it be fore the current price or the "then price"?
fo diggity Twitter: www.twitter.com/fodigg Comic Books You Should Have Read: http://tinyurl.com/ycxe9l7