Core Book .pdf's????

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've noticed that a lot of people have been using their laptops at the game table. I would love to do that if I had the core books in my pc.

Some people have .pdf's of all the core books. How would I go about getting these as well? I do have the physical books, so is it possible there is a key to use in order to download copies?

Appreciate any help.
Shhhhhh. You might wake up the pirates.
I buy all of my books online at drivethrurpg.com. I like using the pdfs more than the books themselves because of the bookmarks and the search feature. However, there is no legal way to get them for free even if you own the physical copies if that's what you were looking for.
Shhhhhh. You might wake up the pirates.

One does not need to be a pirate to have a pdf.

As for options to get a pdf - drivethrurpg.com is my favorite.

If you want a free pdf - get a scanner, and scan your physical copy. That might even be legal if you don't distribute that scan.

ATTENTION:  If while reading my post you find yourself thinking "Either this guy is being sarcastic, or he is an idiot," do please assume that I am an idiot. It makes reading your replies more entertaining. If, however, you find yourself hoping that I am not being even remotely serious then you are very likely correct as I find irreverence and being ridiculous to be relaxing.

i used drivethrurpg as well.. and i love having the books in PDF on my laptop, it save clutter at the table and saves me having to carry piles of books around!
If you have any 4E conceptual issues or rules that you would like help with feel free to PM me. Roleplaying since 88! Guide To Dealing With Problematic Posters
One does not need to be a pirate to have a pdf.

As for options to get a pdf - drivethrurpg.com is my favorite.

If you want a free pdf - get a scanner, and scan your physical copy. That might even be legal if you don't distribute that scan.

They are available as PDFs through RPGnow, and RPG drive through.com...
RPGnow has them as well. Although they are more expensive than buying the physical books on Amazon.
One does not need to be a pirate to have a pdf

No, its true. You can be a ninja as well. Its a 4E thing.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein When the forces of stupid collide, magical things happen. And by magical, I mean ******* moronic. - Anon
I buy all of my books online at drivethrurpg.com. I like using the pdfs more than the books themselves because of the bookmarks and the search feature. However, there is no legal way to get them for free even if you own the physical copies if that's what you were looking for.

Thanks. I was wondering. I heard in the past that they were going to put together .pdf's if you bought the physical books. Sigh...oh well.
Thanks. I was wondering. I heard in the past that they were going to put together .pdf's if you bought the physical books. Sigh...oh well.

That was the plan, but I think they decided to go with the compendium instead. Although those could be completely unrelated, I don't remember.
That was the plan, but I think they decided to go with the compendium instead. Although those could be completely unrelated, I don't remember.

There was going to be a nominal fee to get the online copy and unlock the content in the compendium after you bought the book. When it became difficult to implement a "you actually bought the book" security feature they decided to just put all "rule elements" in the compendium from released books and give the content to subscribers without having to pay a nominal fee (or buy the book).

Since they dropped that they couldn't give out the PDF's as well (the Compendium doesn't have certain rules, combat and I think the Alchemy rules from AV are examples) otherwise no subscriber would ever need to buy a book.