The new interview "troll"

166 posts / 0 new
Last post
Awesome. But I know the anti 4th ed trolls will view it as an attack on them by wizards. "Bleah bleah "oversimplified", bleah bleah "where's the gnome." Just great.
Awesome. But I know the anti 4th ed trolls will view it as an attack on them by wizards. "Bleah bleah "oversimplified", bleah bleah "where's the gnome." Just great.

But it is an attack on them. I think Wotc itself (apparently not the mods) is getting tired of it. That or they are too busy laughing about the situation.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
I don't really care if it is not. I thought it was funny and I myself am tired of the whining. Burn trolls burn. :P
I thought it was hilarious myself XD
58292718 wrote:
I love Horseshoecrabfolk. What I love most about them is that they seem to be the one thing that we all can agree on.
See for yourself, click here!
Link please.

Sounds hilarious, btw. Glad to know that someone at least is paying attention.
Link please.

Sounds hilarious, btw. Glad to know that someone at least is paying attention.

Agreed. What's this ya'll are talking about?
I've finally figured out how to put in a sig. Yes, I'm including this here for no other reason than to express how happy I am that I could finally do this. For goodness' sake, change these forums back (or just change, I don't care).
He's talking about the 4E Behind the Set cartoon on Dragon Magazine, the one with the Kobolds and Red Dragon and the aforementioned troll.

If you want to double the funny, head over to the Paizo message boards and see what they are saying about it.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/toon/20080910a
...whatever
If you want to double the funny, head over to the Paizo message boards and see what they are saying about it.

Eh, they can say what they want. I haven't been over there since I figured out that Pathfinder wasn't for me, and I don't plan on going back.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/toon/20080910a

Danke.
The Kobolds are just AWESOME! :p
58292718 wrote:
I love Horseshoecrabfolk. What I love most about them is that they seem to be the one thing that we all can agree on.
But I know the anti 4th ed trolls will view it as an attack on them by wizards.

Why should we care what they think?

Besides, or the trolls we've got left here, most are only anti-4e because it's the most effective way to garner a reaction. They don't really care about the editions either way. Most of them haven't played either.

Edit:
Oh my god, the Paizo guys think this cartoon represents a large investment of cash and time. Have they never heard of Flash?
Sig to be rebuilt soon The Descendants-- the webserial that reads like a comic book! World of Ere-- A campaign setting that puts style to the fore.
Why should we care what they think?

Besides, or the trolls we've got left here, most are only anti-4e because it's the most effective way to garner a reaction. They don't really care about the editions either way. Most of them haven't played either.

Is that counting each sockpuppet as it's own individual? Or is this counting the number of actual "human beings" involved?
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
I laughed out loud watching that. My office-mates now think I'm crazy.
I laughed out loud watching that. My office-mates now think I'm crazy.

Then the cartoonists have done their job well.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I like the Mindflayer one a lot too.

The Troll knows HTML!
58292718 wrote:
I like how no one mentions all the sycophant kobolds (that would be the rabid 4.0 fanboys, not to be confused with those that simply like it). All they get for their efforts is a huge pile of dragon **** on the head. And they like it!

So let's see... 3.5 doesn't get any respect, 4.0 doesn't get any respect... I guess WotC just doesn't give a damn about anyone.
I like the generic paper thin adventurers just clamouring for experience :p "XP! XP! XP! XP!"

Kobolds are Kobolds, not fanboys >.>
58292718 wrote:
I like how no one mentions all the sycophant kobolds (that would be the rabid 4.0 fanboys, not to be confused with those that simply like it). All they get for their efforts is a huge pile of dragon **** on the head. And they like it!

The Kobolds get the cameraman for lunch. :D
Well... At least we got custom avatars....
I believe the kobold in the pile of dragon dung actually went through the digestive tracks.

I'M THE CHOSEN ONE!!
58292718 wrote:
I believe the kobold in the pile of dragon dung actually went through the digestive tracks.

I'M THE CHOSEN ONE!!

I could actually see why or how he would think that too.

One he was either spawned there, or two, managed to survive all the stomach acids/poisons/lava or whatever dragons have in their gizards.

Two, is that he survived and had abit too much fumes, and it made him go crazy.
Link to Paizo thread? Can't find it...

Edit: Found it! http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/community/gaming/4thEdition/theRedDragonsInterview

Edit 2: ZOMG they're taking this way too seriously. Oh the humanity!
Wait until On the wings of TPK "the one who peddles paizo" comes here. Wont take too long.

I like to refer to him as The Paizo Kisser myself.

Since someone asked about Paizo it's almost time for him to appear out of nowhere and simultaneously espouse how awesome and win it is, and how bad 4e is and that anyone that buys wotc products are nimrods that refuse to see that wotc made a bad game.
Edit:
Oh my god, the Paizo guys think this cartoon represents a large investment of cash and time. Have they never heard of Flash?

Compared to Bitey's other work the D&D stuff is... amateur. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but that's because Adam Phillips is so damn good. I'm sure (I hope) he's being properly compensated for his work, but it doesn't really look like they're paying him to pull out all the stops.

Still, in animation a one-man-animation-team doesn't count on the scale of large investments unless you're paying Friz Freleng to come back from the dead and hand-draw an entire episode for you (no getting the interns to tween for you this time, Friz!).

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

I just find that people are taking the video the wrong way. Its tongue and cheek not to be taken seriously.

And also, in my world theres always room for poop jokes.
Those guys at Paizo are taking it waaaaaaaaaay to seriously. I'm not using 4th anymore, but I still thought it was hilarious. Some people need to stop worshipping their favorite edition

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

Meh, that doesn't seem to be the majority opinion over there. Their opinions are as varied as ours.

Someone made a good point about the dragon, though. If the kobolds are supposed to be 4e fanbois, then WotC is also poking fun at themselves; the dragon is WotC, only concerned with increasing it's hoard and ripping everyone else off.

EDIT: After reading more, it does seem to be the majority opinion after all. How sad.
Meh, that doesn't seem to be the majority opinion over there. Their opinions are as varied as ours.

Someone made a good point about the dragon, though. If the kobolds are supposed to be 4e fanbois, then WotC is also poking fun at themselves; the dragon is WotC, only concerned with increasing it's hoard and ripping everyone else off.

Exactment. And being over all lazy as well. Funny how people on the internet don't often get the full scape of the joke.
Exactment. And being over all lazy as well. Funny how people on the internet don't often get the full scape of the joke.

Outrage is much easier to build up if you don't see that others are being lampooned as well.

There's also an element of self-absorbedness to that; they saw themselves being poked fun at and missed the rest of the joke.
I smiled at the video; I laughed at the people who are offended on the other boards. People miss that it's a poke at those who are claiming that WotC has defecated on former and current D&D fans. Then I watched it again and appreciated it even more.

Highlights for me:
  • Troll Text
  • The embarrassing incident from last year included a kobold who survives the digestive tract to become the chosen one!
  • MTV VJs on a stick!
The embarrassing incident from last year included a kobold who survives the digestive tract to become the chosen one!

Now we truly know how Pun-Pun was created...
EDIT: After reading more, it does seem to be the majority opinion after all. How sad.

If by the majority, you mean something like five posters. Sure.

Using the same total, I can say the majority of posters here enjoy spreading misinformation to smear Paizo and their messageboards. Because there are like three posts in this thread...
Isn't the kobold that surved the 'incident' the High Sychophant? Is that how he got the job?
Sig to be rebuilt soon The Descendants-- the webserial that reads like a comic book! World of Ere-- A campaign setting that puts style to the fore.

Link.

And here's the kicker: if the troll hadn't been in the video, would anyone have come to these conclusions? I think we're dealing with some after-the-fact justifications. Which work quite well in 4E. Come to think of it, it's a win-win situation.
Now, I love Paizo and I love their fans. For the most part, their posters are truly creative and add a lot to the game just through their theories, revisions, and suggestions.

That thread cracked me up, though.

I will confess, though, until dude pointed it out, I didn't catch the significance of the character in the cartoon being an actual troll...
And here's the kicker: if the troll hadn't been in the video, would anyone have come to these conclusions? I think we're dealing with some after-the-fact justifications. Which work quite well in 4E. Come to think of it, it's a win-win situation.

I don't know. I got the whole sycophant angle right off the bat. Seemed pretty obvious they were taking shots at both sides of the fence. I think that some people just focus on things that hit close to home. Honestly, I don't see WotC being too upset with the people that are foaming at the mouth about the new edition.

The more the game is talked about, the more people will check it out for their own curiosity even if it is to see if what is being said is true. Some will decide they do not like it and others will decide they do like it. In the end it is all about getting your name out there. So if there are threads dedicated to trash-talking the game in other forums, there will be people reading them. some of them may decide to give the game a try and like it. If they do not like it then no biggy because they didn't have them in the first place.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. --George Orwell

There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. --Howard Zinn

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster. --Friedrich Nietzsche

Devil\'s Brigade

It's great... It' satire all around making fun of the issue as a whole, and not just one particular group. They even make fun of themselves. It basically rolls up everything going on right now into one cartoon.

We have the everyone angry about 4e is a troll idea.

We have the everyone who likes 4e is a psychotic fanboy of WoTC.

We have WotC the silent master who does nothing but take our shinies, poop on us, and eat babies.

We have the idea of 4e being nothing but paper thin adventurers only caring about combat.

We even have what i think is the idea of Scott Rouse in the form of the high kobold spining things in ways that sound good...
Isn't the kobold that surved the 'incident' the High Sychophant? Is that how he got the job?

Yes, I think so.

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
held his heart in his hands, and ate of it.
I said, "is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter – bitter," he answered;
"but I like it,
"beacuase it is bitter,
"and because it is my heart."

It's great... It' satire all around making fun of the issue as a whole, and not just one particular group. They even make fun of themselves. It basically rolls up everything going on right now into one cartoon.

We have the everyone angry about 4e is a troll idea.

We have the everyone who likes 4e is a psychotic fanboy of WoTC.

We have WotC the silent master who does nothing but take our shinies, poop on us, and eat babies.

We have the idea of 4e being nothing but paper thin adventurers only caring about combat.

We even have what i think is the idea of Scott Rouse in the form of the high kobold spining things in ways that sound good...

Yeah, they're really handing it out. I LOL'd when I noticed (admittedly not the first time I watched it).
So then could one say that the Mind Flayer was WotC scouting out which people it could take their shinies from and which people were too smart and needed to be eaten? (From a anti 4th ed troll's perspective?)
WotC is lampooning everyone equally here... trolls, fanboys, and themselves.
I think it's a hilarious cartoon.

Note: I happen to be a WotC "F4nboy," and all the "We love you!" made me laugh.

If you can't laugh at yourself, then you take life to seriously. It puts you at higher risk of hypertension and heart troubles you know.

ATTENTION:  If while reading my post you find yourself thinking "Either this guy is being sarcastic, or he is an idiot," do please assume that I am an idiot. It makes reading your replies more entertaining. If, however, you find yourself hoping that I am not being even remotely serious then you are very likely correct as I find irreverence and being ridiculous to be relaxing.