Dungeon 156 Articles?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, uhh....where are they? Ten days into the month and not a single article yet? Is there any planned schedule that I missed, like how Dragon releases (usually) on MWF? Or is Wizards just failing horribly again?
We had a editorial on Monday, I suspect (hope/pray) we will get something by this Friday, and following Fridays.

Then occasionally we might get something on another day otherwise they can't get the magazine completed in time.

Still waiting a whole week into the month just for the Editorial, is pretty poor IMHO. Last month at least they put out an article at the same time. Who knows perhaps this is a good thing, maybe they are reformatting it in response to the complaints about the Delve format and the lack of bookmarks? Nah.

Come on WotC where is the love for Dungeon. Support your DM's without them you don't have a game.
I have to agree.

I'd very much like to see the Dungeon content spread out through the month or all at the beginning.

I'm not a fan of the trend of dumping it all out in the last few days of the month (which is what happened during the preview period...and then it even happened during the last week of the two months of the magazine).

Please work on either regular releases or a single initial release. Waiting until the last minute is both dissapointing to readers and looks sloppy on the part of the publisher.
Why would you post a table of contents but no access to any of the material? Thats the big release 10 days into the month? the table of contents??!?!?! I have to say, if this is how material will be released when insider goes to pay for subscription service, then I guess I will be passing on the service.

You guys might want to rethink the release stragety.....
Technically, the table of contents for Dungeon only actually got released a day or two ago. The reason that I was able to put it up a week and a half ago was because Aberzanzorax managed to find it on the WotC website.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
Technically, the table of contents for Dungeon only actually got released a day or two ago. The reason that I was able to put it up a week and a half ago was because Aberzanzorax managed to find it on the WotC website.

Not to mention it's a careful balancing act - taking down the old ToC too soon will leave people searching for the link to download the compiled article.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Though maybe a good solution to the balancing act would be to have a visual of the multiple magazines with multiple tables of contents.

Have a larger magazine be the current one at the top and the others below with a scroll bar that goes horizontally. EG:

XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
(ToC current mag 365)

.XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
364 363 362 361 360 etc
(ToC's of prior mags with scroll bar when they get too big for the window)

Which was after the editorial, and nearly a week after the first Dragon article. The Dungeon ToC being so late behind Dragon's releases, doesn't really help.

Dragon.... 5 Articles and an editorial
Dungeon.... an editorial.

Since the editorial isn't on Dungeon's ToC I won't count it for either magazine.

Expected Columns and articles (based on ToC) from

Dragon - 11
Dungeon - 8

We've had nearly half the columns and articles for Dragon and NOTHING for Dungeon in the same time period. To me it doesn't look good.
Though maybe a good solution to the balancing act would be to have a visual of the multiple magazines with multiple tables of contents.

Have a larger magazine be the current one at the top and the others below with a scroll bar that goes horizontally. EG:

XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
XXXX
(ToC current mag 365)

364 363 362 361 360 etc
(ToC's of prior mags with scroll bar when they get too big for the window)

I like that, you should pass that on to the ddi e-mail address (if you haven't already done so).
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

It has been passed on.

I hope it is well recevied.
This is whats so confussing about the New Formats.

Theres to Many Buttons and Links for the Ezines and Other Features.

On the Left side theres an Issue Archive link..Seems very simple to use..if ya know where to Look.
In the Middle theres a Button that says Dungeon..Dragon..etc.Unless you look daily you might miss something new.

It needs to be simplified

Dungeon Button either on the Left Side or Middle needs Three Links only..
Preview...Next Months Issue...Table of Content..Descriptions
Current...This Months Issue with Enabled Links
Archive...previous Issues Compiled
(Ps Why Not just 1 Location to find stuff.)

Right Now its not to hard to find anything in those Tables but wait till we get a year or so and try and find something especially if you don't know a date something was posted.

Look here to see what tables I mean
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/duarch/features
Imagine what they will look like if the Ezines do succeed and are around along time..say 300+ Issues.