release date?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know the official date if there is one?or at least about the time of the tools?becouse i got rid of my World Of Warcraft subscription for these tools.Yea i geuss i should have made sure they were out before i got rid of my wow subscription,but would'nt it have made much more sense to release it with 4e?
Does anyone know the official date if there is one?or at least about the time of the tools?becouse i got rid of my World Of Warcraft subscription for these tools.Yea i geuss i should have made sure they were out before i got rid of my wow subscription,but would'nt it have made much more sense to release it with 4e?

The goal WAS to release it with 4th Edition, unfortunately that goal was missed.

There are many many threads on this subject, so a new one isn't really needed.

However, the answer, so far, is "it'll be released when it's ready". So, no, nothing solid - when a new portion of DDI is solid enough to be tested, it'll be released into the free preview we're all seeing right now.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

The goal WAS to release it with 4th Edition, unfortunately that goal was missed.

There are many many threads on this subject, so a new one isn't really needed.

However, the answer, so far, is "it'll be released when it's ready". So, no, nothing solid - when a new portion of DDI is solid enough to be tested, it'll be released into the free preview we're all seeing right now.

So your saying that the free preview will last till it snows in hell.

Great I get to read Dungeon and Dragon Ezines free for ever...:D
So your saying that the free preview will last till it snows in hell.

Great I get to read Dungeon and Dragon Ezines free for ever...:D

*I* said nothing of the sort. That's your own cynicism saying that. I'll thank you not to put words into my mouth.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

*I* said nothing of the sort. That's your own cynicism saying that. I'll thank you not to put words into my mouth.

I didn't put words into your Mouth. Your Interpetation of my Cynicism did.
Yes it was Cynnicism hence the :D

Everyone knows that the Preview period for the Total DDInsider won't last forever. When I mean Total DDInsider I mean Dungeon Ezine, Dragon Ezine, Character Visualizer, Character Builder,D&D Map Table,D&D Dungeon Builder,D&D Compendium, And D&D News.

They Won't offer a free Preview for the E-zines forever because they want income from them. They Won't wait till the complete DDInsider is available because we can't honestly say that they all will ever be available. Plus they want the Revenue that the Dungeon Ezine and Dragon Ezine will generate.

I am grateful that the Ezines are free. I will relish every free issue but I know that they will end. End before The DDInsider ever even get near completion.

Don't feel bad man I got rid of a lot of my 3.5 books in anticipation of 4E too, now I am busy buying them back from the cheapest places I can find them. Never, ever start selling or trading off your old gaming books in anticipation of a new edition. Wait until you have that edition in hand and get to look over it for at least 2-3 weeks. Thank God they didn't slaughter Star Wars Saga they way they slaughtered 4E D&D. As for the tools be surprised and amazed if you see them this year I would say, considering how long it took them to get the compendium live and the um... history of Wizards of the Coast with software. Now TSR actually produced some useful software. Core Rules 1.0 and 2.0, the Forgotten Realms Atlas, expensive as all getout but quite useful.

Charles
Don't feel bad man I got rid of a lot of my 3.5 books in anticipation of 4E too, now I am busy buying them back from the cheapest places I can find them. Never, ever start selling or trading off your old gaming books in anticipation of a new edition. Wait until you have that edition in hand and get to look over it for at least 2-3 weeks. Thank God they didn't slaughter Star Wars Saga they way they slaughtered 4E D&D. As for the tools be surprised and amazed if you see them this year I would say, considering how long it took them to get the compendium live and the um... history of Wizards of the Coast with software. Now TSR actually produced some useful software. Core Rules 1.0 and 2.0, the Forgotten Realms Atlas, expensive as all getout but quite useful.

Charles

Why sell them at all?

I still own every D&D Book I have Purchased.
:D :D

As for the software.
I still have Core Rules...Only thing I wish I had purchased Originally When 1st released and I still don't own is The FRAtlas...I do own CCPro and CC3..But alas almost 300.00 for a 50.00 Program is rediculous
Why sell them at all?

I still own every D&D Book I have Purchased.
:D :D

As for the software.
I still have Core Rules...Only thing I wish I had purchased Originally When 1st released and I still don't own is The FRAtlas...I do own CCPro and CC3..But alas almost 300.00 for a 50.00 Program is rediculous

Yeah I would kinda like to keep them all but space is limited at present, some day though I will have a room that I can just line with book shelves, I will put my computer in that room and a bunch of bookshelves and it will be like a little creative hide away.

Charles

Charles

i got lucky borders and the mall in my town are selling 3.5 books for $9.99 ea.