Obvious Question for Oblivious Person

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, so once this is answered it can be deleted by a mod or disappear, as I am 100% sure I just missed the big bold letters somewhere that answers this, but how do i "subscribe" to Dragon or Dungeon now? I know for right now it is free online, albeit i kind of wish i had all the pages right now, not every few days a couple pages here and there, but is it part of the 10 bucks a month DDI thing or can I just buy one or both of the magazines year subscription and not pay 120 dollars?

I LOVE the magazines, years ago I was often be the nerd in barnes and nobles with the notepad and a Dragon writing ideas, and if more than a few things struck my fancy, i would buy them. At this point I trust Dragon and Dungeon to pump out amazing content, and want to make sure my supply isn't cut off one day when the content goes subscription only or i go nuts getting 1-2 articles a week..
The last I heard there were no plans to have subscriptions for Dragon and Dungeon seperate from the D&Di package. I do believe that you will be able to purchase individual issues once they start charging for the package though.
Ok, so once this is answered it can be deleted by a mod or disappear, as I am 100% sure I just missed the big bold letters somewhere that answers this, but how do i "subscribe" to Dragon or Dungeon now? I know for right now it is free online, albeit i kind of wish i had all the pages right now, not every few days a couple pages here and there, but is it part of the 10 bucks a month DDI thing or can I just buy one or both of the magazines year subscription and not pay 120 dollars?

I LOVE the magazines, years ago I was often be the nerd in barnes and nobles with the notepad and a Dragon writing ideas, and if more than a few things struck my fancy, i would buy them. At this point I trust Dragon and Dungeon to pump out amazing content, and want to make sure my supply isn't cut off one day when the content goes subscription only or i go nuts getting 1-2 articles a week..

Dungeon and Dragon are both part of the D&D Insider subscription. Because the suite of DDI tools aren't ready for use yet, what parts of DDI *are* ready (the magazines and the Compendium) are in a free use/preview period.

In other words, there's no subscription options yet, because the content is free. At some point in the future, the tools will be available on a subscription basis, and options for subscribing will appear at that time.

For now, just keep reading while it's free.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Also keep in mind that latest issues have a button on the Table of Contents page which lets you download the entire magazine as 1 pdf file.

Dragon - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drtoc/364

Dungeon - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dutoc/155
Thanks for all the help, and as much as I hate to say it, WotC, take your time with DDI
The last I heard there were no plans to have subscriptions for Dragon and Dungeon seperate from the D&Di package. I do believe that you will be able to purchase individual issues once they start charging for the package though.

According to the FAQ on the DDI page, there will be a separate subscription available to subscribe to just the magazines, however the price is TBD.
And hopefully they leave the already-free articles and issues free once the subscriptions start, so people can actually take a look at the (older) magazines before buying a subscription.
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19670890/Keep_on_the_Shadowfell_Character_Errata