Dungeon Suggestion thread

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am creating this thread so that a common place can be used by the devs to find suggestions and comment upon requests for Dungeon Magazine:

1 - Have levels of the adventures included in blurb for the adventure.

2 - Have the maps be available in printable format both in a DMs version and a players version.

3 - Have bookmarks be included in the final "bound" versions of the magazine.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
4 - Have, in the table of contents, the ability for a person to directly download (right click -> Save target as) the .pdf of the article.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
1 - Have levels of the adventures included in blurb for the adventure.

Yes, please, that wouldn't be very hard, would it.
I would love to see an article discussing skill challenges. I don't want the probability theory. I just want to see how it's practicaly working. We already have one example in the DMG, but I would like to see one about a chase (be it urban or not), one about an investigation, etc.

I still have problems with that. For instance, if a character wants to aid his buddy with diplomacy, how could he roleplay that ? Because technically speaking, you first roll a diplomacy check with DC 10, and if it succeeds, you grant your friend a +2 bonus on his next diplomacy check. But in reality, I would see it more like the second person saying something, and the first one stressing even more on the points the first one made (and so aiding him).

Also can a character delay during a skill challenge ?

For a chase, let's say the pary pusues one NPC. The DMG gives nice examples for acrobatic or athletic checks. But is it the player who decides that an obstacle come in his way, and that he's going to use acrobatic to avoid it, or is it the DMG telling them that the NPC just made something collapse in their way and see how they want to get around ? If the rogue of the group is the one to play, in the initiative order, I can imagine he succeeds at that check (and so add one success to the challenge), but what about the rest of the group ? Do they still have to deal with the obstacle ? Do we imagine that the party split ? And if part of the party says : I'm not good at chasing, so you guys go ahead, do you make the skill challenge for whatever is left ? This is in my opinion against the idea of the skill challenge, which should involve all the players. But I could imagine in a diplomatic encounter, that the diplomatic guy starts to talk, but the others say : we don't do or say anything. He's the one in charge...

So, yeah, a skill challenge article would be very welcome ! :D
Sign In to post comments