Dungeon 156 Table of Contents available

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looks like a great improvement, three adventures, one side quest and two adverts for H2. Certainly beats two adventures and three adverts for H1.

Nice to see the adventure path kicking off so early as well. Still I want Map of Mystery back!!
There is a map of mystery in the compiled 155.
Yeah but have you seen the resolution, it looks terrible, the text is barely legible. It needs to be on the website too at the same size as the Delver's Dale.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/4e/20071031_dumm_full.jpg
Looks like a great improvement, three adventures, one side quest and two adverts for H2. Certainly beats two adventures and three adverts for H1.

Nice to see the adventure path kicking off so early as well. Still I want Map of Mystery back!!

Ya know, this business of calling the supporting material for H1/H2 'adverts' is a little annoying.

H1 is currently the ONLY commercial adventure available for 4E. It makes perfect sense that they would support it in Dungeon. As one of the many, many people who are running H1, I am glad to have the side-treks adventures from Dungeon, and I hope they continue to support their modules with side-treks and other supplementary material in Dungeon. I certainly don't consider fully usable short adventures to be 'adverts'.

I paid $30 for KotS (more than I paid for any of the core books). I have zero problem with WotC catering to those who spend cash on their modules over those who simply cry and whine on the forums about free magazine articles, sarcastically referring to them as 'adverts'.
Ya know, this business of calling the supporting material for H1/H2 'adverts' is a little annoying.

H1 is currently the ONLY commercial adventure available for 4E. It makes perfect sense that they would support it in Dungeon. As one of the many, many people who are running H1, I am glad to have the side-treks adventures from Dungeon, and I hope they continue to support their modules with side-treks and other supplementary material in Dungeon. I certainly don't consider fully usable short adventures to be 'adverts'.

I paid $30 for KotS (more than I paid for any of the core books). I have zero problem with WotC catering to those who spend cash on their modules over those who simply cry and whine on the forums about free magazine articles, sarcastically referring to them as 'adverts'.

Absolutely agreed. Not only is 'advert' totally disingenuous to begin with, the side treks are easily adaptable to any equivalent level adventure you're running.
Tales from the Rusty Dragon (http://rustydragon.blogspot.com) - A 4th Edition Conversion Project Covering Paizo's Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path
H1 is currently the ONLY commercial adventure available for 4E. It makes perfect sense that they would support it in Dungeon.

Before they took back Dungeon, it would more likely have been supported by a web enhancement, have there been any web enhancements since Wizards took over running of Dungeon/Dragon in order to make them a subscription service? Yet they originally assured use that all the stuff that was going to be part of the subscription service was in addition to the content we had come to expect.

Now I know it makes prefect business sense to stop providing free content, when you are moving to a pay model, I just would have liked it if they had been a bit more honest about it up front.

As one of the many, many people who are running H1, I am glad to have the side-treks adventures from Dungeon, and I hope they continue to support their modules with side-treks and other supplementary material in Dungeon.

I'm all for supporting products as well, but it is aimed as publicity for the adventure, hence it is advertising.

I certainly don't consider fully usable short adventures to be 'adverts'.

I'd hardly call KotS: Forgotten Realms and Eberron Conversions fully usable short adventures, certainly not in any stand-alone sense. They are an enhancement for KotS. I'll grant you the other side-trek is more flexible, and longer than you'd expect for their old free product support. However it still would need more work than usual for a side-trek if you didn't intend to use it with KotS.

Neither do I, when it's free, but they don't intend to keep it free, so soon* you'll be paying $30 for the next adventure and another $15 for the support you use to get for free. These articles being in Dungeon just seems to confirm that WotC product support has moved to the pay area of their site, as many people expected would happen when DnD Insider was first announced but WotC always denied.

*I say soon, who knows how long it will be before they feel DnDInsider is worth the subscription.
Yeah but have you seen the resolution, it looks terrible, the text is barely legible. It needs to be on the website too at the same size as the Delver's Dale.

I don't know what browser you're using, but Firefox 3 lets you click on the image you linked to "zoom in" on it - moving it to full size instead of the "scaled for your screen" size that Firefox defaults to.

With that, the map is perfectly legibile.

Unless you mean in the PDF it's hard to read. Perhaps I'm the one that's confused.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sadly I think the Text is wrong for the Map. Even Enlarged in Adobe to 100%, 150% its Blurry on the Lables.

The Header and the Room Numbers look great

At 200% everything starts to get blurry.

Maps need to be created in High Resolutions for Digital Postings
With and Without Lables
I'm all for supporting products as well, but it is aimed as publicity for the adventure, hence it is advertising.

DMaple, I agree with much of your post. I disagree, however, with the part I quoted, which was more to my point.

The supporting articles are aimed at people that already own KotS. They are content - not ads. That's all I'm sayin'. You don't need to resort to hyperbole - you make plenty of valid points without it.
Unless you mean in the PDF it's hard to read. Perhaps I'm the one that's confused.

Yes the PDF is hard to read. The link was to the sort of quality I would expect.
The supporting articles are aimed at people that already own KotS. They are content - not ads. That's all I'm sayin'. You don't need to resort to hyperbole - you make plenty of valid points without it.

Will you settle that they are both, since to make best use of the content (which in future you will be paying for) you need to own the adventure, so if you don't own it you will have to buy it, hence it encourages you to buy it so it is also an advert. :P

But yeah calling it just an advert is a little cheeky. ;)
Will you settle that they are both, since to make best use of the content (which in future you will be paying for) you need to own the adventure, so if you don't own it you will have to buy it, hence it encourages you to buy it so it is also an advert. :P

But yeah calling it just an advert is a little cheeky. ;)

Hehe.

Well, by that logic, Dragon and Dungeon have never been anything more than ads for the core rulebooks. There has never been a single article or adventure in any issue - nothing but adverts all!
Just Curious?

How did you find the 156 Table of Content?

I can't find it from the D&D Site.
I went to the Table of Contents for 155 and changed 155 at the end of the web browser address bar to 156...worked for dragon too.

I checked, and 157 isn't up yet though...(not that it should be).
I went to the Table of Contents for 155 and changed 155 at the end of the web browser address bar to 156...worked for dragon too.

I checked, and 157 isn't up yet though...(not that it should be).

So I wasn't Wrong...Technically its not available because there is not a Official direct link on the Official website...a casual user will not be able to find it right?
It remains true that it is not actually available officially yet.

As to the map, copy it out of the pdf and post it into an image editor as a new image - I got better resolution that way.
So I wasn't Wrong...Technically its not available because there is not a Official direct link on the Official website...a casual user will not be able to find it right?

That's correct, even though the first article and the editorial are out, because they are still pushing the last months issue you'd be lucky to notice.
It remains true that it is not actually available officially yet.

As to the map, copy it out of the pdf and post it into an image editor as a new image - I got better resolution that way.

Thank you WOTC for Providing a High Resolution Map....Oh WAIT..sorry my Bad.

I mean Thank you Cailte for doing something that some people have been begging WOTC to do since the dawn of the E-Zine age.

Now will you be able to share with everyone who doesn't have graphics editors?
The ToC page has been updated.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I wonder why Dragon's Editorial (Ampersand) counts as a column but Dungeon's doesn't?