Dungeon 155: Sleeper in the Tomb of Dreams

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Posted on the 27th

I am highly disappointed in this one.
Especially with the Artwork and Cartography

Size and Quality of the Maps was highly disappointing.
In all honesty, this one is my favorite of the three so far (Keep of the Shadowfell, Heathen, and this).

I thought that the first two suffered from the 'one encounter per day' mechanic. Shadowfell felt a bit unimaginative, though the dungeon was nice, and I didn't think it was a great start for Wizard's adventures. In Heathen, our group didn't like that it was only one encounter per day (they could basically blow everything and have a cakewalk once they realized that it was usually one per day), and that weeks at a time were skipped as they travelled. The skill challenge was also poorly explained.

This one is looking good so far. It jumps right from the first encounter into the adventure, the one skill challenge actually makes sense and seems a lot more doable (20 and 24, the two DCs that encompass all of the checks except one, are not that hard to hit at level 8) than Heathen's. That, and the creepy vipe of everything missing their eyes, the awesome traps, and the like make it a great adventure.

The maps and artwork are fine to me. I'm not sure what you think is so bad about them.
Posted on the 27th

I am highly disappointed in this one.
Especially with the Artwork and Cartography

Size and Quality of the Maps was highly disappointing.

I'll just have to go with tastes differ. I rather liked this one.
Sign In to post comments