Shadow of Kalarel - Multiple grabbers

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
So how do you handle multiple grabbers when the party deals with the Zombie Rotters? Since escape is a move action, does that mean that they can only escape from one of the rotters per round? Or can only one rotter have a PC grabbed at any given time?

In my mind, the zombies dog pile on top of the heroes, so multiple grabs. Perhaps allow the PC to then roll either Acrobatics or Athletics and try to beat each rotter individually with the one roll, with each rotter making it's own opposed roll?

If there is something in the core books that can clarify this I couldn't find it last night.
So how do you handle multiple grabbers when the party deals with the Zombie Rotters? Since escape is a move action, does that mean that they can only escape from one of the rotters per round? Or can only one rotter have a PC grabbed at any given time?

In my mind, the zombies dog pile on top of the heroes, so multiple grabs. Perhaps allow the PC to then roll either Acrobatics or Athletics and try to beat each rotter individually with the one roll, with each rotter making it's own opposed roll?

If there is something in the core books that can clarify this I couldn't find it last night.

I would allow one roll as a standard action, opposed by each grabber. The PC escapes from the ones he beats. If he doesn't beat all of them he is still grabbed. That allows for the possibility of dramatically tearing free from the mob, while still reflecting that it's harder to get away from 5 people than it is to get away from 1.
Perhaps you could just increase the difficulty according to how many people are grabbing the player. The others are aiding the first one essentially. Or you could use the table in the DMG for DC's and make it as difficult as you deem appropirate.