If "everything is Core" will Dragon/Dungeon get Errata?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here's some I've spotted.

From Dragon.

Durations.
I little reminder from the PHB.

Unless otherwise noted, a power is instantaneous and has no lasting effect. The two types of durations are conditional and sustained.

Phantasmal Terrain - has no duration listed. So it only makes terrain difficult for the instant you cast the spell, at which time nobody is moving. By the time they start moving the spell is over. I imagine it should have the Until the end of your next turn and Sustain: minor, added.

Range
A weapon’s reach or range determines the reach or range of a power it’s used with.

Straw Soldiers - has no range listed for it's (ally buff) concealment effect, unlike other Warlord powers like Bastion of Defense, and Lead the Attack. Are we to assume therefore that it is only adjacent allies that gain this concealment effect?

From Dungeon

The skill challenge in Heathen has little in common with the Skill Challenge chapter in the DMG, or if it does needs much better explaining. What are the Low DC penalties, etc?

Change Shape - this ability does not change items worn or carried so there is an error in the Blades in the Night encounter with the descriptions of the event and equipment carried by the creatures. Probably because the author was thinking of the 3rd Edition version of Change Shape.
I think that the Straw Soldier is intended to be all your allies, but your right about the range thing. It is an effect though, I don't know if that changes the range formula. It's almost 4am and I don't feel like hunting for my PHB.

As for change shape, while your correct about it, don't forget that monsters can act in ways that the rules don't specifically cover. They don't have to follow things exactly.
Sure but since Change Shape is actually only described in the Monster Manual Glossary, you'd expect it to apply to the monsters contained there in.

I do have a bit of a problem trying to rationalise Straw Soldiers concealing all allies against all attacks for possibly the entire encounter without using magic. PHB martial abilities I've been able to rationalise but this one really foxes me. But that isn't to do with the actual clear rules errors I've mentioned above.
Good news is that since it's already online, they can just make the edits.

Some more: All the powers that do psychic damage should have the psychic keyword. In particular, Illusory Ambush, Grasping Shadows, Phantom Chasm, Enemies Abound, and Phantasmal Assailant.

It's debatable, but Illusory Wall should probably have either Conjuration or Zone, but again this is debatable. Depending on the duration, Phantasmal Terrain should have Zone.

The skull helm from the Ashen Covenant article has no benefits in its higher level version.
This is a great idea, but since the forums aren't always monitored by the people doing the actual work, I wonder if there isn't a better place to inform Wizards of these errata and changes. (Customer Service? Letters/E-mail to the editor?)

Also: page numbers seems to be an issue, I forget what it was, exactly, but other said the last page of the Warforged article, and the first page of another article were the same page number.

You detail-oriented types will likely have a better recollection what it was.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This is a great idea, but since the forums aren't always monitored by the people doing the actual work, I wonder if there isn't a better place to inform Wizards of these errata and changes. (Customer Service? Letters/E-mail to the editor?)

Also: page numbers seems to be an issue, I forget what it was, exactly, but other said the last page of the Warforged article, and the first page of another article were the same page number.

You detail-oriented types will likely have a better recollection what it was.

Page 28 was the concern, however until entire thing put together 28 might not be error, if ToC is a page and a half the single articles could start as half page. It would be jarring or at least provide a lot of white space if one did a straight copy and paste, then white out white did not belong.

As to the question, as I recall they said all books were core, though I do suppose the articles should be core as well. Errors should be corrected perhaps ask the Sage, perhaps they will put out FAQ/Errata.
Plans are always subject to change.
As to the question, as I recall they said all books were core, though I do suppose the articles should be core as well.

There intention was (at least at some point) to add Dungeon classes and powers, etc. to the Rules Compendium and Character Builder. Hence they will need fixing.
The errata will occur but in the form of a published book. The spell will appear in a mage splat type book is my guess.
If they intend for Dragons content to be useable in the RPGA then i think they will have to keep it updated in some form.

Although it maybe be more of a "Errata for dragon is via the compendium"
Maybe this is one of those, "You get what you pay for" moments?