Separate subscriptions?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I hope this isn't a question that's been asked elsewhere. I can't seem to find any concrete answer though.

Can anyone tell me if one will be able to subscribe to Dragon and/or Dungeon without paying the $15/mo for the extra tools?

I have no interest in even a single one of the extra "products" and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $15/mo just for Dragon and Dungeon.
Hi, I hope this isn't a question that's been asked elsewhere. I can't seem to find any concrete answer though.

Can anyone tell me if one will be able to subscribe to Dragon and/or Dungeon without paying the $15/mo for the extra tools?

I have no interest in even a single one of the extra "products" and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $15/mo just for Dragon and Dungeon.

This has been discussed in many ways and there have been requests of purchase of only components wanted.
Last official word I have seen is WotC is still dedicated to one price for everyone, no matter if they do not want or will not use some parts of DDI.
The only concession that has been made concerning the Mags/ezines was an announcement for a plan to purchase completed ezines by thoses that do not join DDI. No price was stated and as you likely have already noticed plans can and have changed.
Plans are always subject to change.
Wow, that's uh...that's pretty fail, Wizards.

I bought my four 4e books already, but I can say with all certainty that if I have to pay $15/mo. just for Dragon (since I personally have little interest in Dungeon), well, it's not gonna happen.

Even if it's a slightly decreased amount per month to get the completed .pdfs, I still won't buy it unless it's -way- cheaper than the magazine would cost in stores. It'll be no skin off my nose to just download the magazine "elsewhere" if I'm expected to pay an in-store price or more for a limited pdf.

Call me paranoid, but given the price for D&Di in the first place I'm not exactly expecting the magazines alone to be reasonable. I'd be happy to eat my words if they are, though.
Wow, that's uh...that's pretty fail, Wizards.

I bought my four 4e books already, but I can say with all certainty that if I have to pay $15/mo. just for Dragon (since I personally have little interest in Dungeon), well, it's not gonna happen.

Even if it's a slightly decreased amount per month to get the completed .pdfs, I still won't buy it unless it's -way- cheaper than the magazine would cost in stores. It'll be no skin off my nose to just download the magazine "elsewhere" if I'm expected to pay an in-store price or more for a limited pdf.

Call me paranoid, but given the price for D&Di in the first place I'm not exactly expecting the magazines alone to be reasonable. I'd be happy to eat my words if they are, though.

Seems like the last u-tube thing I saw said you would be able to get the digital mags for a fraction of the cost (like $6 was the example). They seemed to indicate that you could to this separate. I on the other hand dont want the mags, just the table. It appears that the problem is the table and sharing characters. You can pull down anyones character and use it for your own (I dont like that actually

THe problem is that if you have some extra thingy magazine, that gives you a cool feat, and then I snag your character for a game and DONt have that mag, I dont get the feat.... This seems like the main reason they are throwing everything together.

So I understand the dilemma on their side, but they are making a big mistake in punishing us for it, I'd rather just not share characters.
THe problem is that if you have some extra thingy magazine, that gives you a cool feat, and then I snag your character for a game and DONt have that mag, I dont get the feat.... This seems like the main reason they are throwing everything together.

...If that's true, that's even more ridiculous than charging for everything together to begin with. They can't really expect the only people interested in Dragon and Dungeon are people who want these extra tools, can they? >__>