Where are the Dragon PDF's

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
Am I dense, or is it just not obvious where th ecompiled PDF's are?

Why can't I just click on the picture of the magazine and get the entire pdf? Why isn't there an obviously named link where I can get them? The only one I have I found linked off of enworld.org (pointed someplace on the wizards site).

I've always had issues with the structure of the site, but this just seems silly. Show off the goods, people! ;)

*hopes he's not blind*
You are not dense.

Of all of the issues, they only compiled the very first Dragon issue. They haven't done any past that, nor have they done any of the Dungeon issues. If you scroll through the archives, you can get it.

Or click here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20071214
Will we see compilations of issues #361, 362 and 363 before issue #364 is completed?

Bel
Originally Posted by WotC_RichBaker In related news, I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate your 3.5 rulebooks, and force you to convert to the new edition. Where do you live?
Somehow, I really doubt it.

I'm really losing what little faith I had in WotC with all the delays with Dragon, Dungeon, the GSL, and DDI. Other that the core rules being great, the rest of the 4E vision has been a total wash-out.
Why hasn't a WOTC representative answered this?
Because they rarely have a representative answer anything.
You may as well ask, "Where is DDI?"

"Where is the GSL?"

"Where is the glory that we were promised?"

I sent them a missive about a week ago, carefully worded to the effect of, "Will we be seeing the debut of DDI before, say, the release of 5th edition? I realize that quality takes time, but don't you think that testing should have occurred before you released three books touting what amounts to vaporware?"

Needless to say, they have not deigned it worthy of a response.

It would be one thing to post a public explanation, even if it was a lame one, but after the build up and the huge hype about the way of the future, I'm left wondering, "Where are the flying cars?"
"Where is the GSL?"

www.wizards.com/d20

It does help to pay attention.
Cute. Now answer the other one.
Am I dense, or is it just not obvious where th ecompiled PDF's are?

Why can't I just click on the picture of the magazine and get the entire pdf? Why isn't there an obviously named link where I can get them? The only one I have I found linked off of enworld.org (pointed someplace on the wizards site).

I've always had issues with the structure of the site, but this just seems silly. Show off the goods, people! ;)

*hopes he's not blind*

The ezine right now being released in articles, a completed one should be available soon after the end of June (For WotC the month appears to end July 4th this year). There does not exist a completed issue, based on page numbers issues at all, available at this time and in appears a completed one will be available sometime after July 4, 2008. How soon after I have no idea.
Plans are always subject to change.
The ezine right now being released in articles, a completed one should be available soon after the end of June (For WotC the month appears to end July 4th this year). There does not exist a completed issue, based on page numbers issues at all, available at this time and in appears a completed one will be available sometime after July 4, 2008. How soon after I have no idea.

The e-zine for all the Dragons without PDFs? There are a few starting with 361.
The e-zine for all the Dragons without PDFs? There are a few starting with 361.

Oh those are coming soon, *blink* One is at the typesetter or was.

Most of us know only one PDF of either ezine has been compiled, the rest are coming "soon" of those completed.
You may as well ask, "Where is DDI?"

I sent them a missive about a week ago, carefully worded to the effect of, "Will we be seeing the debut of DDI before, say, the release of 5th edition? I realize that quality takes time, but don't you think that testing should have occurred before you released three books touting what amounts to vaporware?"

Sorry, but if you need DDI to play/enjoy DnD, you don't get it. Grab some pencils, some paper and some friends and go play DnD. Use your mind, not your browser for a change.

Somehow, after reading through three books, I don't see the "touting", other than an ad page at the end and a blurb page in the intro.

Needless to say, they have not deigned it worthy of a response.

Shocked, shocked, I say
Sorry, but if you need DDI to play/enjoy DnD, you don't get it. Grab some pencils, some paper and some friends and go play DnD. Use your mind, not your browser for a change.

Oh, I don't need it. In fact, we played both Friday and Saturday and the session went quite well. But the promos have piqued my interest and as one of my players lives about 500 miles away, DDI would make it a lot easier to include him in our sessions (right now we're using Skype, but getting the camera just right so he can see the minis on the map is a pain).

As for touting, I've been hearing a LOT of hype about DDI, much of it coming from Wizards about how great it is and how it is going to change the face of gaming. I don't think it is too much to ask to be able to try it for ourselves.
For my part, I'm certainly not going to pay for DDI if I can't get, at least, PDF's of Dragon Magazine that I own (i.e. have saved on my computer, independant of WotC.).

Having bought the 4E gift set, Chaosium's BRP (Basic Roleplaying) is looking much more appealing than 4E (& that's just *sad*).
Oh, I don't need it. In fact, we played both Friday and Saturday and the session went quite well. But the promos have piqued my interest and as one of my players lives about 500 miles away, DDI would make it a lot easier to include him in our sessions (right now we're using Skype, but getting the camera just right so he can see the minis on the map is a pain).

As for touting, I've been hearing a LOT of hype about DDI, much of it coming from Wizards about how great it is and how it is going to change the face of gaming. I don't think it is too much to ask to be able to try it for ourselves.

Agreed, the website goes a little overboard! I guess I just can't wrap my head around something so amazing coming from the folks who brought us Core Rules CD-ROM...
Agreed, the website goes a little overboard! I guess I just can't wrap my head around something so amazing coming from the folks who brought us Core Rules...

Nice comment
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drtoc/364

Well this is nice, where are the rest of them?

Actually the download is still occurring, but that is my connectivity.
I don't think we will see any compiled issue before 364. They were not gonna give any support to 3E, and I think those ealier issues may qualify under this statement.
Dragon 360 was compiled into a pdf a couple months ago, but no other Dragon mags between then and now nor any of the Dungeon mags before the current one have been.

I don't care if they don't support 4th edition (which I will say is a great game btw), I can't have a complete collection without them. Since i can't get my mags in print anymore I would at least like full pdfs of them WOTC. Is that really so much to ask?
Dragon 360 was compiled into a pdf a couple months ago, but no other Dragon mags between then and now nor any of the Dungeon mags before the current one have been.

I don't care if they don't support 4th edition (which I will say is a great game btw), I can't have a complete collection without them. Since i can't get my mags in print anymore I would at least like full pdfs of them WOTC. Is that really so much to ask?

Yes! No! Maybe!
fo diggity Twitter: www.twitter.com/fodigg Comic Books You Should Have Read: http://tinyurl.com/ycxe9l7
Did they ever post PDF's of Dragon 361-364 and Dungeon 151-154?
Did they ever post PDF's of Dragon 361-364 and Dungeon 151-154?

Dungeon I do not see151-154 completed, though here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dutoc/154 provides a collection for 154 of two things. Nor have I found in archives complete Dragon 361-364.
Sign In to post comments