Help - FR adaption to KotS (H1) yet?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just wondering if anyone has seen the Forgotten Realms adaption notes for Keep on the Shadowfell yet. If so where would one find such info?

I read somewhere that they were planning to provide adaption notes.

Anyone?

If someone has already posted this, my apologies. Is there a search feature for these message boards? If so, I can't find that either!
From the RPGA Living Forgotten Realms forum:

Keep on the Shadowfell will not be adapted for play in the LFR campaign. Play it and enjoy!

Shawn
LFR Global Admin

There has also been word that it should be available for RPGA play in general, but as a standalone module, not as LFR content.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Appreciate the reply.

That's disappointing to hear. I had just read somewhere on one of the staff blogs that one of them was working on the FR adaption notes. I can't find it at the moment I don't play the living FR campaign so just wanted their ideas on where to tie in the Keep and the town on the map and maybe where they would stick the main locations for the next mod H2.
Just because it's not going to be official to Living FR, doesn't mean that WoC isn't going to offer some notes on how to play the game in the Forgotten Realms setting. I can't tell you where to find it, but I'd keep my eye out on the Dungeons and Dragons main page or on the DDI that should be coming up within a few days.
I'm shocked that they haven't delivered on this conversion yet, shocked.

Ok, enough of that. I'm hopeful that they do a conversion. I'm hopeful they are holding it until "DDI launches", which I hope is soon. But, I'm not holding my breath.
Shocked?

4th Edition doesn't come out until tomorrow.

The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting comes out in August

Living Forgotten Realms launches at GenCon (so we *might* see the Campaign Standards in late July).

So. . . at this point in time, what EXACTLY is there to adapt TO?

We're all eager for all the new tidbits we can get, but there's something to be said about moderating/controlling our expectations.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Actually, we will see adaption notes for KotS for the FR in the next Dragon Issue....

/quote
Keep on the Shadowfell: Playing H1 in the Forgotten Realms
By Greg Bilsland
Itching to start your first 4th Edition Forgotten Realms campaign? This article not only shows you where the Keep on the Shadowfell is in the Realms, but includes alternate plot information and bonus encounters intended to firmly establish the Keep on the Shadowfell in Faerûn.
/quote
Downloadable PDF for FR and Eberron on Dragon right now.
Those were some of the best conversion articles I've ever read. If they are all that good....