Minis?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a few questions about Minis and 4E...

First off, with the electronic offerings comming up, will there be much focus from WotC on new Mini packs? Or will they be relying on gleemax to relase virtual content to replace plastic?

Second - I may just be new and dumb and this topic may have been done to death, but has anyone ever thrown out the idea to WotC of selling mini packs (non-randoms) with a dungeon scenario, so that you have all the minis for the encounters?

They pretty much did this with the 3.5 starter set, but I haven't heard much about anything else...

Anyone know anything?
I have a few questions about Minis and 4E...

First off, with the electronic offerings comming up, will there be much focus from WotC on new Mini packs? Or will they be relying on gleemax to relase virtual content to replace plastic?

D&D Minis is a game all its won with its own following. As such there's no indication of them making fewer plastic minis. There's a preview of the next set on the Minis website right now, in fact, so I'd have no worries there.

The ability to play online is supplemental to they physical product. They've stated time and again that D&D is still a pen-and-paper RPG at it's heart.

Second - I may just be new and dumb and this topic may have been done to death, but has anyone ever thrown out the idea to WotC of selling mini packs (non-randoms) with a dungeon scenario, so that you have all the minis for the encounters?

They pretty much did this with the 3.5 starter set, but I haven't heard much about anything else...

Anyone know anything?

This idea comes up from time-to-time and I think it was mentioned at DDXP. The biggest stumbling block is finding a way to include the correct minis for a module/adventure without charging more than the average customer would be willing to pay.

I wonder if they could/would ever adopt a business model that would allow players to buy the adventure at our FLGS, then offer "accessories" (like the mini pack to that module) online. Hmmmm. . . *dashes off to write customer service*
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter