Keep on Shadowfell Errata or Help

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I'm looking into playing the Keep on the Shadowfell, but I'm running into some errata. Hopefully, I just missed the info; otherwise, I'm surprised no one caught this prior to release:

1) Nowhere in the quick start rules or in the monster column does it mention how "Recharge 6" or "Recharge 4 5 6" works.

2) Also, in the decsription for Kalarel under AC, it mentions "See Shadowform below" but there's no description.

3) Lastly, it doesn't explain how he activates his amulet (which isn't described). Is it a minor action, free action, or move action?

Thanks for any help!
At the end of the monsters turn, roll a d6. Any powers that recharge on that number are available again. So, if a power has recharge 4 5 6, it becomes available on a roll of 4, 5 or 6. If a power has recharge 5, it becomes available again if and only if a 5 is rolled.

I can't find the shadowform rule.
-Actually you role to re-charge at the start of the creatures turn according to the link.

18D;)

HAND OF KARSUS!

The Shadowform is an error, and shouldn't be included.

As to the amulet, I would rule that at most it's a minor action, like opening a chest. Frankly it could even be a free action, considering it never says how complicated it is to activate it. Could be as simple as thinking about it or just touching it in a certain place. Who knows.
Another minor error. The to read to players description of the kobold ambush describes three of the kobolds with long swords. The stat block shows them using shortswords. Proof reader really botched that one.
Well, to a Kobold they are long...
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19670890/Keep_on_the_Shadowfell_Character_Errata
Another, well lets call it an omission for space limitations, is the rules for standing up. There are a lot of powers that leave the failing defendant prone, and there is a description of the prone position, but no discussion (that I saw) of what is involved in standing up in the middle of combat.

Anyone see where this was covered?
Another, well lets call it an omission for space limitations, is the rules for standing up. There are a lot of powers that leave the failing defendant prone, and there is a description of the prone position, but no discussion (that I saw) of what is involved in standing up in the middle of combat.

Anyone see where this was covered?

I've been applying the logic that since other 3.5 "Move equivalent" actions are now minor (opening doors, for example) that standing from prone would be as well.

I haven't seen anything that clearly states otherwise yet. ~shrug~
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I've been applying the logic that since other 3.5 "Move equivalent" actions are now minor (opening doors, for example) that standing from prone would be as well.

That'll work. I am guessing that it also provokes attacks of opportunity and that you can avoid those with a moderate athletics check.

I am very sure some rules on this will be in the PhB. I am just wanting to run right now!

That'll work, although I went with move action initially. I am guessing that it also provokes attacks of opportunity and that you can avoid those with a moderate athletics check.

I am very sure some rules on this will be in the PhB. I am just wanting to run right now!
I avoided making it a move action, because there doesn't seem to be anything else (yet, again the PHB will say for sure) that replaces/modifies the move action.

Even charging is a standard action.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks for the recharge info, that makes a lot of sense to me. I couldn't find any info on it either. I've also been wondering... is the wizard's wand a power focus item (like a psi-crystal or Harry Potter's wand) that she uses in the firing off of powers, or does it do something else? There is no other info on it besides the listing in items carried and the implement mastery bonus.
Standing up is a move action to stand up in your space. If your space is occupied, you can shift 1 square to stand up in and adjacent unoccupied space. If your space and all adjacent squares are occupied, you can't stand up. Does not provoke an opportunity attack.
The rogue build that comes with the module has Positioning Strike as an Encounter Power. With 2d4+4 damage. The PHB lists the damage as [w] + dex rather than 2[w] + dex.

Doesn't matter much as for pure DPR, the Sly Flourish is by far superior. :p
Sign In to post comments