City of Blood

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Dungeon Adventure.

For 7th level PCs.

Between this and the new side trek, I get the feeling that these articles were originally meant for the Halloween issue.....
Heh.

Great adventure, though!!!!
I gotta Wonder how long it has been collecting dust on WOTC shelf.

Why would you ask I think That because

Nicolas Logue is a 1st-level Unemployed, whose recent credits include numerous adventures and articles in Dungeon and Dragon Magazines, Crown of the Kobold King, Voyage of the Golden Dragon, Eyes of the Lich Queen, Monster Manual V, and Dragons of Eberron, as well as the upcoming Carnival of Tears, and Hook Mountain Massacre (the third installment of the new Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path).

it only came out NOVEMBER 2007..Lets see thats 1,2,3,5,6,7,8 . . . 8 Months AGO.

Sadly still no Level recommendation on the Download page.
Ha!

Actually, the adventure just got turned over to Chris a month or so ago (I totally blew my deadline, I suck, and I'm lucky Chris is a patient and awesome editor).

BUT! Yeah, that author bio is an oldie. I forgot to turn over a new one. Totally my bad! Sorry!

BUT! Yeah, that author bio is an oldie. I forgot to turn over a new one. Totally my bad! Sorry!

Meh - that adventure rocks HARD Nic - Rooftop chases and the whole halfling w 1/2-orc goons. Very nice!!!!

I'm sure people won't be bovvered about the bio. And if they are, well...:P
Well I will just have to give it an "A+" instead of an "A++" because of the BIO....Since you admitted it was your fault

It will fit in nice somewhere when my PCs get to a larger city. Easily adaptable
Great Artwork. Nice simple maps, clean and crisp.
Funny, that admission make me think more HIGHLY of you. It takes stones to admit errors.

It also makes me think more highly of wizards, but not to nearly the same degree .

I suppose that rather than paying the $15 per month to get little content, I'll be heading to sinister adventures to pay between $1.50 and $6.00 for web content that I can buy a la carte.

**If only they would learn**
Have you also see that its a March/April/May adventure... should'nt have it been 2 months ?

Even if Nicolas Logue admitted is error, WotC is still very late on schedule and I can't believe that ALL authors are late like Nicolas Logue...

As it goes, it will be from monthly to quarterly magazine... isn't that going to digital should have "accelerated" the process of publication !! Weird that greater technology brings slower delivery... ah Internet... so magical & complex !

On the adventure side... Seems great but not yet in Xendrik to take advantage of it ;)
I thought it was a great adventure. The only problem I have is why put out a 3.5 adventure this close to 4E release. I will just have to convert it.
Have you also see that its a March/April/May adventure... should'nt have it been 2 months ?

Even if Nicolas Logue admitted is error, WotC is still very late on schedule and I can't believe that ALL authors are late like Nicolas Logue...

As it goes, it will be from monthly to quarterly magazine... isn't that going to digital should have "accelerated" the process of publication !! Weird that greater technology brings slower delivery... ah Internet... so magical & complex !

On the adventure side... Seems great but not yet in Xendrik to take advantage of it ;)

I gummed up the works on this one. My schedule got so hairy over the past few months and then it got more complicated by several family illnesses. My apologies on the late delivery here guys.

Xen'drik for the win! I REALLY want to write an adventure set in the interior of Xen'drik someday very very soon! I got to tackle the Xen'drik chapter of Dragons of Eberron and had an absolute blast!

If you're digging on the Xen'drik feel, and love a savage coast, lost continent vibe, you may want to check out Razor Coast as well, a mega-adventure I'm writing through my own itty bitty production studio called Sinister Adventures, click the link in my sig and check us out.

Here's hoping I get to take on some more Eberron adventures soon...it's one of my favorite settings!
Sinister Adventures, click the link in my sig and check us out.

You should really fix that link, though. ;)
Weird. My sig won't show up.
Here's the link to Razor Coast:

Razor Coast
Weird. My sig won't show up.

it will only show for your first post in a thread, every post there after won't have it... : ]
I thought it was a great adventure. The only problem I have is why put out a 3.5 adventure this close to 4E release. I will just have to convert it.

I won't, and I know others who won't either..Some people still play. We havn't quit playin g to wait for 4E.

Why put out a 4.0 adventure before anyone has official rules to run it with?

Seriously, lots of people are looking for a 3.5 adventure to finish up their campaign with. And there's also people like me who don't plan on switching any time soon if at all. If there's a 3.5 adventure collecting dust somewhere that's can't or won't be converted to 4E later on, I sure hope that someone will release it - It would be a shame to think that good work goes into the trash just because it's not the new flavor.
"Man is made God's plaything, and that is the best part of him. Therefore every man and woman should live life accordingly, and play the noblest games... Life must be lived as play, playing certain games, making sacrifices, singing and dancing..." Plato, The Laws.
Nick, if you're still creaping about here, this adventure couldn't have come at a better time.

My Eberron group is currently playing Crucible of Chaos, set as a fallen drow city deep in the jungles of Xen'drik...they are actually there in competition with an NPC party to explore the ruins and learn its secrets. They are conscripted by a high ranking Lord in Stormreach.

What better than to have the other group find, and return with a coffin to end the adventure just days before they return.

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"

Nick, if you're still creaping about here, this adventure couldn't have come at a better time.

My Eberron group is currently playing Crucible of Chaos, set as a fallen drow city deep in the jungles of Xen'drik...they are actually there in competition with an NPC party to explore the ruins and learn its secrets. They are conscripted by a high ranking Lord in Stormreach.

What better than to have the other group find, and return with a coffin to end the adventure just days before they return.

Sweet Phobos! Glad this worked out for you! I LOVE Crucible of Chaos! One of my favorite adventures to come out recently...Wolfgang is AMAZING! And...its got flying monkey for the love of Pete!

Hope City of Blood works great for your group Phobos!
Funny, that admission make me think more HIGHLY of you. It takes stones to admit errors.

It also makes me think more highly of wizards, but not to nearly the same degree .

I suppose that rather than paying the $15 per month to get little content, I'll be heading to sinister adventures to pay between $1.50 and $6.00 for web content that I can buy a la carte.

**If only they would learn**

Speaking of Indulgence PDFs Abezanzorax! They are up!

INDULGENCES now available for download at www.sinisteradventures.com.

Indulgences Wave 2

Get all four of this month’s Indulgences in one bargain bundle. Everything you need to kick off your Dark Vistas #1: Razor Coast campaign, or add bloody brine, the war arts of the Tulita, swampventure, and ghostly terror to any high seas campaign.

Mysteries of the Razor Sea
by Nicolas Logue
14 page PDF adventure and supplement

Unspeakable terrors and rancorous gods hold sway over the turbulent waves of the sea. The Razor Coast swallows ships and souls by the thousand, and terrible secrets the oceans keep haunt the dreams of every salty mariner who plies their waves. This PDF kicks off with The Tale of The Seabear, a 1st level adventure of survival horror aboard a mysterious ghost ship cursed by dark gods. The Tale of the Seabear is the perfect opener for any campaign of mystery, horror and adventure on the high seas, and a great way to ensorcel your PCs into the murky evil of Dark Vistas #1: Razor Coast. Besides, The Tale of the Seabear, this PDF also includes other mysteries of the Razor Sea, a series of encounters, adventure hooks and nasty surprises for any sea-faring campaign.

Still Waters
by Richard Pett
16 page PDF adventure

Blacksink Marsh has always had an ill reputation. The thorns that grow there are poisonous, beasts and changed things rove the waters, lurking in wait for foolish travelers, and the twisted descendants of an accursed tribe hunt beneath the dark canopy of black willow trees. Explorers tell of strange crumbling buildings suddenly happened upon at dusk and vanishing with the last red rays of the sun, and gators who walk on two legs and drown men from a far with a mere glance. Something has risen from the mire and walked clumsily onto the lands of men. This broken creature from a bygone age of slaughter, wants to praise its dead god the only way it knows how – by drowning the children of his enemies in a mournful temple sunk beneath the bog – a stinking wet hell of weed, silt and slime where hungry things crawl and the dead refuse to lay buried. Still Waters is a harrowing adventure into the mires of Blacksink marsh suitable for four to six 6th level PCs, and includes two new monsters.

Shrine of Frenzy
by Brendan Victorson and David Posener
14 page PDF adventure

A recent earthquake churned the waters and left them changed, the seas seem swelled with a frenzy not known in recent history. Strange rumors of a shrine risen from the depths of a forbidden cove put the Tulita tribes of the Razor on edge. Some say a sleeping god has woken and set its red gaze on the Razor once more. The sea whirls with serrated teeth and coarse fins, sharks circle by the thousand, as if something is calling these killers to the coastline. A time of great slaughter is at hand. Shrine of Frenzy is an aquatic dungeon crawl for four to six PCs of 7th level and features a new monster, the winning entry of the Create the Spawn of Dajobas contest.

The Warrior’s Way
by Nicolas Logue
7 page PDF supplement

The Tulita of the Razor Coast were born where the fire meets the sea, and they possess both in their hearts...the burning power of their mother Pele, and the ancient changeless wisdom of the Great Eternal Ocean. The warrior tradition of the Tulita is a mystery to most foreigners. They wield no steel, scorn the foul-smelling smoke of gunpowder, and many carry no weapons but their bare hands, simple scrimshaw knives or koa wood clubs, and yet the few foreigners who have witnessed a Tulita’s hamala’kal, or heart of fire, knows just what these proud warriors are capable of. The Warrior’s Way is evolved from a thousand years of warfare, self-cultivation, and quiet observance of the raw and unforgiving power of the Earth itself. Those trained in its mysteries are no longer men or women; they become a force of nature instead. This PDF supplement offers players and gamemasters alike a bevy of new combat options for their martial characters, including 12 new feats, alternate class features, new weapons, and a new basic attack option.
Nick, any chance that City of Blood will see a 4E conversion?

I hope by you saying that you hope to be doing Eberron content that you mean some 4E Eberron adventures for Dungeon... maybe before Eberron officially comes out over a year from now. That would be AWESOME. I hate having to wait a year for Eberron, but I like what I've seen of 4E so far.