Archives of Dungeon Magazine

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was wondering if subscribers would have access to the Dungeon archives? Will we get the entire library of Dungeon from issue 1 on?
I was wondering if the issue archive is meant to make any sense at all.

Dungeon #151 - Adventures - Hell's Heart, Iggwilv's Legacy. Columns - two editorials, Dungeoncraft 1, Save My Game and Map of Mystery.

Seems okay perhaps two editorials is one too many, but one of each column.

Dungeon #152 - adventures - Essence of Evil, Moagim's Clone, The Last Breaths of Ashenport, The Plague Tree. Columns - Two Roll vs Role, Three Save My Game.

Okay why is Blood Road (Nov 5th 2007) classed as in the same issue as Cruel Shadows (April 9th 2008)? Just how many months did this issue span?

Why three Save My Game, but no Dungeoncraft even though the issue blurb still mentions one.

Dungeon #153 - Adventures - Caravan of Glauu the Seer, Prisoner of the Castle Perilous, Teleport Gone Awry, Touch of Madness, Witching Season. Columns - Dungeoncraft 2.

Where have all the columns gone?

Grouping by issues is a good idea, but either do it by release time or just make it a bit more balanced.

Cruel Shadows should be in issue #153 as probably should at least one of the Save My Game articles from the previous issue.
I was wondering if subscribers would have access to the Dungeon archives? Will we get the entire library of Dungeon from issue 1 on?

Highly unlikely. Since WotC doesn't have complete rights to the previous issues (as Paizo was the publisher) they can't provide their subscribers with digital versions of the print mags. It's also my understanding that a complete collection of the print mags is impossible, because portions of the print mags were licensed (namely the comic strips) and cannot be reproduced by any publisher. This is a bit of a bummer for me, since I started following Dungeon mag late in it's life and I would love to own a complete collection - even if it was just the articles and contained none of the licensed artwork.
"Man is made God's plaything, and that is the best part of him. Therefore every man and woman should live life accordingly, and play the noblest games... Life must be lived as play, playing certain games, making sacrifices, singing and dancing..." Plato, The Laws.
I think he was talking about archives of the online Dungeon and Dragon magazines, as opposed to the whole collection.

Bolded for emphasis. I'm fairly certain the OP meant to include the print issues as well.
"Man is made God's plaything, and that is the best part of him. Therefore every man and woman should live life accordingly, and play the noblest games... Life must be lived as play, playing certain games, making sacrifices, singing and dancing..." Plato, The Laws.
Bolded for emphasis. I'm fairly certain the OP meant to include the print issues as well.

Yes, I was including the print issues. I have the Dragon Mag archive on CD and was really hoping to access to the Dungeon mags as well.
I don't think that's likely to happen, otherwise Dungeon would have come out on CD before now. I remember there was a big stink over Dragon coming out on CD from the former contributors, and that killed any hope of back issues of Dungeon in electronic format. But they changed the contracts since then so they can release electronic formats.