Feature Request : Roleplaying!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I like the look of the combat/exploration from what I've seen so far, but I havent seen much in the way of a roleplaying encounter system... so here is my suggestion.

Remember old DOS roleplaying games? Of course you do! If there was any interaction with an NPC, his face would show up on the side and his mouth would move a little bit, and text would show up. Fancy games had a backround behind him of your current environment.

I would love to be running a table and have the PC's spontainously go to the Inn or something, and just go to RP Encounter mode and drop the players portraits in front of an Inn backround, and quickly random generate a generic (race) NPC portrait. The interaction rolls would be at hand, and a save feature to put the NPC aside so he can always return.

It would also be really cool if the DM had voice modulation for his NPCs if he wanted it. The booming "WHO DARES TO CROSS MY BRIDGE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?!" mode would be a favorite. It would probably be cost prohibative to add a "crummy english accent" setting. I would probaly keep it out of the players hands, nobody wants to listen to your gnome (sorry, no more gnomes, make that a *halfling) voice for hours and hours.
I'm fairly certain that they showed off the ability for the GM to change "voices" in the text chat window - so they could "speak" as an NPC, monster, you name it.

You'll be able to share images and even text with your players as you see fit, so you could pop-up images of NPCs they're chatting with. They'll be static, but you can use any image you like.

Voice modulation seems unlikely, but there are assorted tools out there that can intercept microphone input, filter them, and then appear to be an audio driver. This would let you point DDI's configuration at this filtering software and then you could change your voice on the fly if you really wanted such a feature.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Voice modulation seems unlikely, but there are assorted tools out there that can intercept microphone input, filter them, and then appear to be an audio driver. This would let you point DDI's configuration at this filtering software and then you could change your voice on the fly if you really wanted such a feature.

Here is an example of such voice-altering software.
Screaming Bee's exactly what I had in mind, though I couldn't think of the name yesterday.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter