Problem as a DM

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm a DM, and one of my players wants to be a robot. He was hoping to be some kind of half-inevitable, but I think something golem-like would be better. Going with Full Metal Alchemist, we were thinking of having his soul encased in a suit of +1 full plate, made by some kind of gnome or human engineer team. He would have a massive bonus to strength and natural armour, and a large decrease to dexterity and charisma.

Any ideas concerning this would be much appreciated, as it's coming along quite slowly, and he seems extremely stacked to me, in comparison to the rest of the party, and I don't want to stack up the rest of the party to compensate. So anything you guys can come up with would be carefuly considered. Thanks.
Not really the right forum for this, as this is the forum about Dragon magazine and it's transition to 4E. You might want to the "What's a DM to do?" forum (http://forums.gleemax.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24).

Also, look into Warforged (living constructs playable race from Eberron).
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I'm a DM, and one of my players wants to be a robot. He was hoping to be some kind of half-inevitable, but I think something golem-like would be better. Going with Full Metal Alchemist, we were thinking of having his soul encased in a suit of +1 full plate, made by some kind of gnome or human engineer team. He would have a massive bonus to strength and natural armour, and a large decrease to dexterity and charisma.

Any ideas concerning this would be much appreciated, as it's coming along quite slowly, and he seems extremely stacked to me, in comparison to the rest of the party, and I don't want to stack up the rest of the party to compensate. So anything you guys can come up with would be carefuly considered. Thanks.

Just give a PC a pet rust monster and the problem will be self correcting *wink*

On a more serious note, you are posting in the wrong sub forum. As far as I know 4th Edition does not even have rules for robots as of this time (clearly none released that I have seen).
Plans are always subject to change.
Warforged.

Either 3rd edition or 4th, as suits your needs.

(And wrong forum ;) )
Sign In to post comments