MM Races in the builder? e.g. Warforged, Gnomes

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Will the races from the Monster Manual be selectable in the Character Builder for PCs? I know they may not be as complete as the 8 races in the Players Handbook, but I may still want to start off as one of the 12-20 races in the Monster Manual.
The only people who know at this point is the WotC team and developers for it. I would expect more info within the next month on it though as we are getting pretty close to release.
Feel Free to add me as a friend. I am always looking for more of those around here The Pathfinder Archives: A WotC community dedicated to Pathfinder and the conversion/creation of new Feats, Races, Classes, Prestige Classes, Equipment and more. Haynz Designs: T-Shirts and more Designed by Fallensbane. Roleplaying Inspired merchandise available. Fallensbane on Deviant Art: My Deviant art page. I upload Photography, Photo-shop work and sometimes RPG Maps and Resources
I'd speculate yes - if only because of the RPGA cards coming out that will allow players to play a few races from the Monster Manual.

Since the goal is that 4E, Organized Play, and DDI all be compatible together, it would seem a logical step.

But. . . that's just my speculation.

(EDIT)
I should clarify, this may or may not happen at release. It seems they're focusing on the Core 8 races for now, but I'd speculate the MM races will come in later.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This is just conjecture, but I think that you will be able to create sheets for monster manual races. However, mind you this is just speculation, I would guess that until races get an official 'write up' like Drow in the Forgotten Realms books you probably will not be able to create custom V-Minis for them. You'll probably have to use a 'stock' mini of that race, maybe change the colors but not the pose or the gear.
Aesop had it right 2,500 years ago, "By endeavoring to please everyone, he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain".
Will the races from the Monster Manual be selectable in the Character Builder for PCs? I know they may not be as complete as the 8 races in the Players Handbook, but I may still want to start off as one of the 12-20 races in the Monster Manual.

I speculate that they will not. At the time that Shelly wrote her latest article, the character visualizer didn't even have all the body options and clothing choices for female human characters up yet. Worse, they didn't even have Tieflings yet! What hope could there possibly be for MM races if one of the core PH races asn't there yet?

Now, she claims that she's created 112 characters since then in the footnote to the article, but who knows whether that implies more feature completion or just that she has a lot of fun playing with the tool?
I speculate that they will not. At the time that Shelly wrote her latest article, the character visualizer didn't even have all the body options and clothing choices for female human characters up yet. Worse, they didn't even have Tieflings yet! What hope could there possibly be for MM races if one of the core PH races asn't there yet?

Now, she claims that she's created 112 characters since then in the footnote to the article, but who knows whether that implies more feature completion or just that she has a lot of fun playing with the tool?

Her article also states that she played around on an Alpha version (technology testing) - there's yet to be a Beta stage (feature/bug testing - where I expect the rest of the models will trickle in) and the final launch.

At DDXP there was a chance to signup for the Beta, and it *sounded* like most/all of the signups would get keys (instead of being a lotto system, but again, that's just what it *sounded* like) so I'm sure there will be more to test later.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sign In to post comments