Adventure: Touch of Madness

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adventure: Touch of Madness

First Impressions
Maps. This is always the first thing I look at in an Adventure.
Sadly I gotta say. Not up to the standards That I usually Like. And the reason why is Color Choice. They just seem off to me.

Once I get more time I will read over the adventure and look over the Maps more
The maps are a little washed out, but the general art is nice in the module.

The most important thing to me is the fact it is so overwhelmingly obvious it is a 4E adventure with 3E stuff shoved into it to get it used now.

I'd say this module is worth grabbing to give you a starting location with some general information that can be used to get the PCs up to 8th-10th level and this ready for this module.

Here's hoping they get converted sooner rather than later once the 4E rules are out as well, not that there is that much of the rules missing to do the conversion right now for the public.
Well Definately a set back for me because of the 4E stuff.

This modual and its counter-parts are suspose to be 3E Stuff. Not Introductory 4E. As they put it, so we could finish our Campaigns.

From the Modual

The Kortian valley is a Point of light in the otherwise dark D&D Campaign

Who the Heck is Ioun?
Ioun is one of the new deities from the 4th Edition. A deity devoted to Knowledge and prophecy. yada yada yada

Heavy Magic Item ladden NPCs, alot of stat boosters

Maybe I have been playing too long, but the Concept of a Magic Item corrupting and turning people and things into evil beings seems like a recent theme somewhere else.........hummmmm where could the have been, let me think...PAIZO PUBLISHING SAVAGE TIDES...Let me think

Maybe I have been playing too long, but the Concept of a Magic Item corrupting and turning people and things into evil beings seems like a recent theme somewhere else.........hummmmm where could the have been, let me think

1979, DMG
The idea is not all that new.
Plans are always subject to change.
1979, DMG
The idea is not all that new.

That was almost 30 years ago, not the last issues of print versions of dungeon a few months ago
Odly enough Savage Tides will be my last 3.5 Campaign.

There is a symmertry in this I am sure ;)