Gygax In Memoriam Issue

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'd really like to see a Gygax-themed issue the next time it comes out. Perhaps some reprinting of his greatest hits, and some updating of them as well. If this were still a print magazine then it would seem more likely to me, but I still get the sense (no offense to anyone) that producing the "magazine" is just a sideline for the game developers (who have a lot of things on their plate with 4e coming, so it's understandable).

He and Arneson invented the hobby, there have to be a lot of talented writers who'd like to contribute. Perhaps they could turn Gord the Rogue into a 4e character and publish his stats!
As nice as a Gygax extravaganza would be nice, WotC will be dedicating 4th to Gygax. This thread has The Rouse confirming it.
As nice as a Gygax extravaganza would be nice, WotC will be dedicating 4th to Gygax. This thread has The Rouse confirming it.

Ya, I saw that. A longer lasting tribute, though it feels a little more hollow to me since it requires so much less effort, and he was curmudgeonly enough that I'm not sure he'd embrace 4e. We dedicate this thing you probably would not have liked to you! Better than nothing, though.
We dedicate this thing you probably would not have liked to you!

Dedications and grieving are for the living, not the departed.

Curmudgeonly as he was, I think Gary would be smiling at the overwhelming response from the community as he looks down from the Astral Sea.
Ya, I saw that. A longer lasting tribute, though it feels a little more hollow to me since it requires so much less effort, and he was curmudgeonly enough that I'm not sure he'd embrace 4e. We dedicate this thing you probably would not have liked to you! Better than nothing, though.

Who created the bases of the game, again? It is kind of inevitable....
I approve. For anything to survive it has to change and grow but it should always remember its origins.

BlackZero