4E Books Box

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello,

I've seen PHB, DMG, MM and even a deluxe edition of PHB at Amazon.Com. But i was hoping i could find the three-books-set there to pre-order.

Anyone knows if they'll really release that, and when?!

Thanks!

PS: If this is not the right section for this question, then sorry.
According to the 2008 product release schedule, the ISBN for the 3 book box is 978-0-7869-5063-8 and is due to be released in June 2008 like the individual books. It is not currently listed at Amazon.
What a box set with no dice in the box?

*sighs*

What is the World coming to?
Plans are always subject to change.
I hope to see amazon.com add the collected set soon at the same discounted price. Perhaps we need to start sending them some messages!
Feel Free to add me as a friend. I am always looking for more of those around here The Pathfinder Archives: A WotC community dedicated to Pathfinder and the conversion/creation of new Feats, Races, Classes, Prestige Classes, Equipment and more. Haynz Designs: T-Shirts and more Designed by Fallensbane. Roleplaying Inspired merchandise available. Fallensbane on Deviant Art: My Deviant art page. I upload Photography, Photo-shop work and sometimes RPG Maps and Resources
What a box set with no dice in the box?

*sighs*

What is the World coming to?

I don't see a huge problem with that. WotC dice sucks anyway, they're usualy ugly (D&D Deluxe Dice) or have weired results (D&D Worldwide GameDay)...

I hope to see amazon.com add the collected set soon at the same discounted price. Perhaps we need to start sending them some messages!

We should send messages for WotC, I guess. They're the ones who tell Amazon what are their products, right?
I couldn't help but notice that the US and Canadian editions are not the same price. What's up with that?
Because Canadian money is Loonie!

Now I'm torn. Like eveyone else, I wanna get my books right away. . . . but perusing Amazon has shown me that they're doing "deluxe" editions again. (link)

I can't wait until October. . . and I don't wanna pay twice.

Hmm. . . Christmas list!
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Personally I don't care about the deluxe edition books. I just want them to list the collectors set on amazon.com so I can pre-order it >_<
Feel Free to add me as a friend. I am always looking for more of those around here The Pathfinder Archives: A WotC community dedicated to Pathfinder and the conversion/creation of new Feats, Races, Classes, Prestige Classes, Equipment and more. Haynz Designs: T-Shirts and more Designed by Fallensbane. Roleplaying Inspired merchandise available. Fallensbane on Deviant Art: My Deviant art page. I upload Photography, Photo-shop work and sometimes RPG Maps and Resources
I just want to pipe in that the box is now up on Amazon.

However, it's $105, but the individual books can be preordered for the ridiculous price of $23 each... you lose out almost $40 by ordering the box.
Just in case no one noticed, the box set on Amazon is now discounted to $66.12 for pre-orders.
Yea I just noticed a few minutes ago. I am pre-ordering right now hehe.

EDIT: If you pre-order they are also doing an additional 5% off. So the price is actually $62.81 currently,also pre-ordered the realms campaign setting at around $26 (as opposed to the normal $40).
I'm assuming the books in the boxed set are essentially the same hardcover editions as the individual PHB/DMG/MM, just in a case, as they were in the 3rd and 3.5 releases? If they're softcover... would be kind of a letdown.
I'm assuming the books in the boxed set are essentially the same hardcover editions as the individual PHB/DMG/MM, just in a case, as they were in the 3rd and 3.5 releases? If they're softcover... would be kind of a letdown.

Soft covers have their uses, as I can go to Kinko's and spiral bind the soft cover players handbook for $6. Now I can lay my book flat, or flip it so one page is showing, or open it and not have to worry about losing my page. It's a great utilitarian modification for practical gamers.

They are the hardcover editions. I just checked, and it specifically says hardcover in the title of the product.
Heh, I didn't notice the harcover mention at first, but I contacted both WotC and Amazon to confirm it, so all's well
What would the "Deluxe Edition" be? Would there be additional content, or simply a minor re-tuning and finalizing? I mean, I'm sure you can play the game just as well with either set, and really I use a lot of online resorces for original monsters and house rules. I think I'm getting this discounted Amazon price, but I want to be sure that I'm actually saving money before I find out the Deluxe Edition is really a 6-book set that comes with maps, minis, and an actual wizard that will sit with you in your games and recite rules from memory as you need them. He also conjurs friends for you to play with if you are having problems finding them.
What would the "Deluxe Edition" be? Would there be additional content, or simply a minor re-tuning and finalizing? I mean, I'm sure you can play the game just as well with either set, and really I use a lot of online resorces for original monsters and house rules. I think I'm getting this discounted Amazon price, but I want to be sure that I'm actually saving money before I find out the Deluxe Edition is really a 6-book set that comes with maps, minis, and an actual wizard that will sit with you in your games and recite rules from memory as you need them. He also conjurs friends for you to play with if you are having problems finding them.

From the D&D Products Page:

These deluxe volumes are special leather-bound editions of the 4th Edition core rulebooks that every Dungeons & Dragons player and Dungeon Master can appreciate. These books feature embossed, leather-bound covers, ribbon book marks, and premium, gilt-edged paper.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/219567200
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Ah, so they look very nice. I'd love that, but I'd also love to play now and spend money later.

Thanks for that find, WolfStar!
Ah, so they look very nice. I'd love that, but I'd also love to play now and spend money later.

Thanks for that find, WolfStar!

Glad to help.

I'm planning to place the deluxe editions on my Birthday/Christmas wishlists, and purchase whichever ones I don't get. Then I'mma put them in plastic protective bags, and take them to 09 and get the designers to sign them, before re-bagging them and letting them sit on my bookshelf for a good long while.