Game Table Playtest

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Will there be playtesting for the virtual table with the 4e playtest or separately? I would really love to sign up.
Will there be playtesting for the virtual table with the 4e playtest or separately? I would really love to sign up.

There will be a closed beta, and an open beta for the D&DI insider tools.

These beta tests are separate from the playtests occuring for the 4th Edition rules.
So being selected as a 4th Edition rule playtester will not mean you will automatically participate to the D&DI beta tests. The exact details of the beta testers selection are not fully defined yet.

At that time, we do not have any time frame to provide for the beta tests. Stay tuned on dndinsider.com to learn more about those...
I'm so glad to hear this. With no group to play with in my area, Insider is a huge addition to the game for me, and I'll definitely jump at the chance to help test it.
The same goes for myself as well. Most of my gaming group moved away to distances that were impractical for "Regular" game sessions, not to mention trying to get work schedules to co-inside. Ahh the good ole days of 72hr game sessions.
Glad to see that there will be open beta tests at some point before the product is mass released (not that I was overly worried about that).

I would expect for a beta to be opened no later than two months after the turn of the new year.
Feel Free to add me as a friend. I am always looking for more of those around here The Pathfinder Archives: A WotC community dedicated to Pathfinder and the conversion/creation of new Feats, Races, Classes, Prestige Classes, Equipment and more. Haynz Designs: T-Shirts and more Designed by Fallensbane. Roleplaying Inspired merchandise available. Fallensbane on Deviant Art: My Deviant art page. I upload Photography, Photo-shop work and sometimes RPG Maps and Resources
Glad to see that there will be open beta tests at some point before the product is mass released (not that I was overly worried about that).

I would expect for a beta to be opened no later than two months after the turn of the new year.

I heard closer to April for opening the beta to the public.
For those that would like to get a start on virtual table top usage while waiting for April, you can check out some of the existing tabletops, here's a comparison chart of some of the top contenders:

http://iconvention.org/vgtcomp.php
RPTools for the RP games you play
For a comprehensive list of the current VTs take a look at the VT page of RPG Virtual Tabletop.

MB
Anyone know where and/or when play-testing for this will be announced?
Suck it up and drive on.
There were signups at DDXP for Beta testing. I dont know anything beyond that.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Anyone know where and/or when play-testing for this will be announced?

Play testers have already been selected, based on what has been posted.

Some selected from the at random, some selected based on association.

The only beta testing others can look forward tom AFAIK is the free 10 day trial that is reported will be offered.
Plans are always subject to change.
Play testers have already been selected, based on what has been posted.

Some selected from the at random, some selected based on association.

He's asking, I believe, about the game table specifically (though, there's room for interpretation there).

The only beta testing others can look forward tom AFAIK is the free 10 day trial that is reported will be offered.

Um, second post in this thread:

There will be a closed beta, and an open beta for the D&DI insider tools.

These beta tests are separate from the playtests occuring for the 4th Edition rules.
So being selected as a 4th Edition rule playtester will not mean you will automatically participate to the D&DI beta tests. The exact details of the beta testers selection are not fully defined yet.

At that time, we do not have any time frame to provide for the beta tests. Stay tuned on dndinsider.com to learn more about those...

WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter