DnDClassic forgets 3E/3.5E

14 posts / 0 new
Last post

Due to 5E WotC has banned the release of material from 3E?

Complete many weeks of releases for DnDClassics and these many weeks, only a single release of 3E (Drow of the Underdark).

I want to know is there any reason not to be at least one release of 3E each week.

If you are missing options, follows a list of material 3E, which undoubtedly enrich the postings of DnDClassics:

Book of Challenges, Puzzles and Traps (2002)
Planar Handbook (2004)

Cityscape (2006)
Dungeonscape (2007)

Frostburn (2004)
Sandstorm (2005)
Stormwrack (2005)

Spell Compendium (2005)
Magic Item Compendium (2007)
Eberron Campaign Setting (2004)

And what you think of this?

Regards:

Karlo

PS: I do not know if this forum is to warn the staff that makes the scans of the material. If anyone know the e-mail them, please pass on this topic for them.

The current focus is on getting Setting material up on the site.

2e had most of the setting material. Settings are what 2e was known for.

Anything that got a Special edition reprint will probably be last to show up.

There is, however, a wide range of 3D material to be provided in DnDClassics.
There is no justification fail to launch at least one book a week 3E.
If missing option (do not know what to offer), I left several suggestions.

If the reviewed books should be left to be released later on, the other suggested books should be released rather than simply not releasing anything for the 3E DnDClassics.

They are definitely NOT going to release the Magic Item or Spell Compendium, as they want you to spend $50 on it in the store.

raistlinrox wrote:

They are definitely NOT going to release the Magic Item or Spell Compendium, as they want you to spend $50 on it in the store.

It is understandable that these two books have not left because they were recently released in their premium versions. The hard part is figuring out why they insist on releasing a single 3E book every 2 weeks. Despite having more books 2E, the ratio does not justify.
Sometimes I think it's tantrum team that chooses the books. They must like the 2E and then take everything so personally. If so, it is disrespectful to consumers of 3E. How many books of 3E were not sold at the time? And this is how they treat us? Where's the respect?
The fact that the Pathfinder give much headache for them and be the 3E should take them no more release of 3E books too. If
they have many books 3E to sell, they should be concerned that the 5E can not sell, because we are spending on books 3E.
It seems that the
War of Issues is not over the issues and who is is extending the Wizards and Hasbro. I would like to have the emails of the board of Hasbro, but I found this site. If anyone knows what let me know.
I suggested 4 months ago some books, only 3 books were released in DnDClassics. And I think that was half in fright they did because they did not give up. If anyone is asking for something specific and asks another person, would not be logical answer?
Say it takes work to launch, is a lie, because the books are 3E ready and editorialized. Are the same as those for printing. One mouse click and pass these files to PDF.
They could all books lances at once 3E, 4E of the same. The only books that need to be reeditorados are 2E, these can understand why the delay. But the 3E is just launching, are ready.
The 2 books: Magic Item Compendium Spell Compendium and I believe it will take to be released, because the Premium edition, but the others I suggested, do not understand. Does Hasbro and Wizards are taking it so personally and doing tantrum? Tremendous disrespect from them. Just who bought more books (the staff of 3E) be treated well? Costs hear us? A book a week and initial 3E mind suggested.
It is important to remember that there is no impediment to launch more than 5 books a week, since the 3E books are ready, just release! If the case is that it has many books, I suggest the following 4 books, at least then:

Book of Challenges (2002)
Frostburn (2004)
Stormwrack (2005)
Dungeonscape (2007)

StoneBeholder

StoneBeholder wrote:

raistlinrox wrote:

It is understandable that these two books have not left because they were recently released in their premium versions. The hard part is figuring out why they insist on releasing a single 3E book every 2 weeks. Despite having more books 2E, the ratio does not justify.
Sometimes I think it's tantrum team that chooses the books. They must like the 2E and then take everything so personally. If so, it is disrespectful to consumers of 3E. How many books of 3E were not sold at the time? And this is how they treat us? Where's the respect?
The fact that the Pathfinder give much headache for them and be the 3E should take them no more release of 3E books too. If
they have many books 3E to sell, they should be concerned that the 5E can not sell, because we are spending on books 3E.
It seems that the
War of Issues is not over the issues and who is is extending the Wizards and Hasbro. I would like to have the emails of the board of Hasbro, but I found this site. If anyone knows what let me know.
I suggested 4 months ago some books, only 3 books were released in DnDClassics. And I think that was half in fright they did because they did not give up. If anyone is asking for something specific and asks another person, would not be logical answer?
Say it takes work to launch, is a lie, because the books are 3E ready and editorialized. Are the same as those for printing. One mouse click and pass these files to PDF.
They could all books lances at once 3E, 4E of the same. The only books that need to be reeditorados are 2E, these can understand why the delay. But the 3E is just launching, are ready.
The 2 books: Magic Item Compendium Spell Compendium and I believe it will take to be released, because the Premium edition, but the others I suggested, do not understand. Does Hasbro and Wizards are taking it so personally and doing tantrum? Tremendous disrespect from them. Just who bought more books (the staff of 3E) be treated well? Costs hear us? A book a week and initial 3E mind suggested.
It is important to remember that there is no impediment to launch more than 5 books a week, since the 3E books are ready, just release! If the case is that it has many books, I suggest the following 4 books, at least then:

Book of Challenges (2002)
Frostburn (2004)
Stormwrack (2005)
Dungeonscape (2007)

StoneBeholder

They are a small team. Somebody had a graph on the number of books released for each version of D&D. 2E had an ungodly amount.

They have stated in the past that 3E and 4E are not as hard as they have digital files for them. Prior to 3E they have to scan. They had focused on adventures before and now are focusing on campaign settings. They may be trying to get the hard stuff out now so they can release faster later.

I very much want to see more 3E as well, but understand why they are focusing on the fluff more.

I do not know what kind of deal they have going with OneBookShelf, but there might be some kind of number of released PDFs over a period of time. They ramped up the number they were releasing before the end of the year. At the end of the year they dropped down to about five. I suspect they had a number they had to release by the end of the year. As we do not know what they have planned for the sale of PDFs over the long term, they may be holding back for another purpose. They have stated on several occasions they plan to have all their books sold as PDFs.

We will have to be patient until we know more. Trust me, I wish all the PDFs were available for sale now.

What is difficult to understand is that the 3E files are ready in digital format. Just a mouse click, and convert them to PDF. So why not release it for sale are ready? The only explanation is they fear losing sales of D&D 5E or even be pure tantrum. Both a thing as the other is lack of respect from them. Why give attention to new releases (like the 5E) if this is how they treat us. Staying with her books then! Costs of 3E release more books? Who said that only 5 books should come out a week? Release at least these 4 have suggested. Like I said can only be pure prank (tantrum). Then if so, to stay without selling books 5E. They say they want to end the so-called "War of the Issues", but she is just coming and comes with name D&D 5th edition. And then wonder why Paizo surpassed Hasbro and Wizards! Notice how their relationship with the community! Something like that, Paizo have already released a long time, simply because we ask to make available for sale more books 3E. But as it comes from Hasbro (or team working for them), is that zealotry for books 2E and 3E aversion to books. There is no need to decrease the books 2E launched, just add the 3E too. A week would be the minimum. Increase to 6 or 8 weekly releases and ready. Problem solved.

StoneBeholder

StoneBeholder wrote:

What is difficult to understand is that the 3E files are ready in digital format. Just a mouse click, and convert them to PDF. So why not release it for sale are ready? The only explanation is they fear losing sales of D&D 5E or even be pure tantrum. Both a thing as the other is lack of respect from them. Why give attention to new releases (like the 5E) if this is how they treat us. Staying with her books then! Costs of 3E release more books? Who said that only 5 books should come out a week? Release at least these 4 have suggested. Like I said can only be pure prank (tantrum). Then if so, to stay without selling books 5E. They say they want to end the so-called "War of the Issues", but she is just coming and comes with name D&D 5th edition. And then wonder why Paizo surpassed Hasbro and Wizards! Notice how their relationship with the community! Something like that, Paizo have already released a long time, simply because we ask to make available for sale more books 3E. But as it comes from Hasbro (or team working for them), is that zealotry for books 2E and 3E aversion to books. There is no need to decrease the books 2E launched, just add the 3E too. A week would be the minimum. Increase to 6 or 8 weekly releases and ready. Problem solved.

StoneBeholder

First of all. Hasbro's 2013 sales and revenue was 4.08 Billion. I have no idea what you think Paizo is making!?!?!?

Second, It is more than one button click to make a PDF. We do not know what format the original data file is in. They may have to do cropping and page adjustments on every other page. They need to add bookmarks and QA the PDF. I have no idea what it takes to get it set up for the OneBookShelf distribution system. I could very well be missing steps here as well.

The part I bolded above is one of the points I made in my prior post. They may have some bigger plans and have an agreement for the number of PDFs they release per year. As they have not told us what this is yet, I do not expect them to. With the way people freak out on the forums when they do not do something they said they will, they tend to not say anything.

You just need to be patient.

As for the amount mentioned, I remind you that this value is related to all products from Hasbro and not only RPG. In this aspect Paizo wins by far, just see failure as the 4E and Pathfinder took the place of D&D in recent years.

You do not know how to create PDFs with latches systems, but these software do it automatically. Regardless of format, software like Photoshop, Illustrator and other convert any format to PDF. So yes it is just a matter of a few mouse clicks.

As for patience, I really think the community has had a lot with the Wizards. When evaluated as Paizo deals with their customers and how Wizards has done this, it is clear that we have had a lot of patience. The response of the community in recent years with the rise of the Pathfinder makes this clear.

You mention on internal methodologies, but Hasbro / Wizards does not care about consumers? If you ask for something, it does the opposite? See who suggested several books (4 months ago): "Book of Challenges, Dungeonscape, Stormwrack and Frostburn." I suggested fewer books, since they seem to be hard and you mentioned that the team is small (but for the 3E books, but is a matter of few clicks as explained above). The question remains: How many consumers ask for something specific? If they were a lot of people, give to understand. But a person appears and asks four specific books. The answer is that schedules are more important than customers satisfied?

Paizo had the patience with us and still have, just to see how it has treated us all these years. But Hasbro / Wizards closed a bubble in these same years. Moreover ​​is not why Parhfinder born? In response to a Habro / Wizards, completely closed?

Today we have the 5E and a decrease in materials that can threaten to 5E. Why the fear? The material is not satisfactory and therefore need to sell in "Forced Sale"? The one where if you buy the uproar and not consciously? If the community expect to review the books of the 5E, they fear not to sell or who prefer to 3E?

What I'm trying to say is that it seems Habro / Wizards is closing again. This means a heavier leave as was the 4E? Hence the concern of the company from time to bury the 5E or D & D itself? And this is the point, there seems to be afraid. It would be easier to say yes. The company is concerned with the release of the 5E and needs to make cash, and so retreated somewhat in parallel to the 5E releases. So would be easy to understand.

But not release 4 books that were suggested (one per week), and the conversion is no serious problem (the 2E rather gives and hard work), there is no impediment to release more releases per week and no, it will not diminish the sales 5E, because who helped make her will, yes, want to buy it. As I mentioned, it is easier to assume that they are apprehensive about the release of the 5E, make cash, and are waiting to pass a "storm".

StoneBeholder

PS: Thanks for the posts and returns the way, you integrate staff Habro / Wizards of releasing materials for DnDClassics or is only one forum user?

I am not sure what you are asking in the PS. I do not work for Hasbro or WotC. I am just another customer who hates physical books.

I have no idea as to the number of 4E books sold compared to Paizo’s Pathfinder sold. I doubt either company truly knows.

You may find this hard to believe, but companies want their customers to like and want to buy their products. It costs money to run a company and produce all those products. They have to balance how they do stuff. You might not like how they run their business, but they are the ones that have to make those decisions.

I was quite frustrated with them when they pulled all the PDFs back in 2009. I did not go in vent my frustrations on the forum. I did express my disappointment in the decision. I stepped away and just checked back from time to time to see if they had changed their minds as I thought that was not a great idea they had. I expected them to reconsider the move. That was why I was willing to buy up the PDFs they have been putting on the store.

I was quite happy a day or two ago when Mike Mearls acknowledged on a twitter post that they believe that pulling the PDFs in 2009 may have been one thing that affected sales of 4E. He has stated on several interviews that they realize the growing importance of the online community. Now will they make the decision we like? We have no idea. They have no real idea. They are hoping we like it I assure you.

In PS, I just wanted to ask if you had any connection with the company or if it was just a forum user. I had the impression that you could work for them. It would be interesting to talk to someone from the company.

I understand the difficulties of running a business, some decisions must be taken not always pleasing customers for purely mercadológicos reasons. But that does not stop the company simply assume that due to the launch of a new edition, they are temporarily holding issues that may perhaps thwart sales of the new edition.

It would be much simpler for them to say that due to it will wait a bit or diminishing the materials that supposedly could lead consumers to run out of resources to launch the new edition.

Drastically reduced the 3E books and were up more than one per week, every week, until now only one drop every 2 weeks. Sometimes I think it might be the team itself that defines the books, who prefer the 2E and personal issues hold material from 3E to meet the desires themselves.

I still believe that a book of 3E per week does not affect in any way the management company nor serve consumers in their suggestions. Rather, living in the community, and attentive listening will improve, and the "company x consumer" relationship.

Drastically remove certain books, not to circulate a plausible reason (or give notice), chafe-who manifests forum (see my other posts what they said and how they said), meet some orders, as if to shut up and avoid comments forum, due to the proximity of the launch date of the 5E and then not continuing the suggested books and also drastically reduce the amount released after that. Seems Prank team because manifest in the forum. Can you take a company so seriously? This raises a number of questions as far as the digital books, as the 5E itself. And the universal law of commerce says in doubt, the consumer never buys. This kind of attitude does not help the sales of the 5E, but can be distracting.

It would be much simpler, assume that they are concerned with the need to sell to make cash 5E and therefore suspended the release of some PDFs. They simply reduced the amount of releases per week and even now hold fewer books and have prioritized the 3E 2E (giving more work as should be reeditorados) and gave no plausible explanation for this.

You mention also awaiting more books in PDF. With the dates of the basic books of 5E approaching, let's see how the next releases will be and if any of you have suggested will be released. You also buy books from 3Ein PDF or 4E Lonely? What do you think of what I suggested (Book of Challenges, Dungeonscape, Stormwrack and Frostburn)? I believe less suggested books (I had suggested several) it becomes easier for them. You can not even know if they've been reading the posts, due to the release of the 5E.

I buy most all the books. I want all the editions. I do not care for Birthright, Planescape and some of the miscellaneous books, but the rest I want.

Here is a post about the current state of PDF releases and the total books. The red is the total books, and the blue is what has been released so far. It is post #7 if the link does not take you to it.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?356324-Am-I-just-blind-or-something-Related-to-D-amp-D-pdf-site&p=6324556&viewfull=1#post6324556

I think this is why they have been hitting 2E so hard. There are almost 550 2E books. They are already half way through 3E.

Graph very interesting. The bad part is having to wait until 2017 (according to estimates). The quantity of books 2E is greater than the actually 3E. They could throw at least these 4 books that I suggested, I do not see why not do it. Are well-respected titles. Also do not understand why not make more books a week, as it was in the beginning. I had not seen that chart, it would be interesting, too, bring a table with numbers. Perhaps with the end of launches 5E, they return to launch more titles per week.