DnDClassics: New Releases (02/18/2014)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

DnDClassics

New Releases

By D&D Team

This one-stop-shop for D&D content offers an easy way to access and download favorite classic titles electronically by computer, mobile phone, or tablet (including iPads). Coming to DnDClassics this week..

Talk about this article here.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

I don't get WotC's release schedule for pdf-products. Where is the remainder of the GAZ-series books? Instead of releasing the remainder of any series of products (not only GAZ), they release a couple of products to wet your appetite and then...nothing...don't get me wrong, I love WotC doing the pdf-thing again, but can someone please fill me in behind the release logic?

Beastman666m wrote:

I don't get WotC's release schedule for pdf-products. Where is the remainder of the GAZ-series books? Instead of releasing the remainder of any series of products (not only GAZ), they release a couple of products to wet your appetite and then...nothing...don't get me wrong, I love WotC doing the pdf-thing again, but can someone please fill me in behind the release logic?

They may simply be in a situation of attempting to put out things in their appropriate lines in order (such as the first few gazateers), but having hiccups in that style of schedule because they are attempting a particular level of quality and just aren't quite done with the next book along the line (since they might have to track down a higher quality source from which to build the new PDF).

...or, they could have a particular number of releases planned and have their assignment of priority to different product lines make it look like they are bouncing all over the place... I know they really can't have all that many people working on getting the PDFs of the D&D back-log out there, and it can take quite a bit of time to either find a decent scan to start polishing or hunt down a good condition hard-copy to make your own scan from.

...and while WotC did have tons of PDFs on sale before, I think the ones they are selling now are intentionally a different and higher-quality set (judging only from the previews, as I have yet to actually purchase any of the PDFs... I am holding out for a while still to see if reprinted-compilation or Print on Demand options start showing up)

ATTENTION:  If while reading my post you find yourself thinking "Either this guy is being sarcastic, or he is an idiot," do please assume that I am an idiot. It makes reading your replies more entertaining. If, however, you find yourself hoping that I am not being even remotely serious then you are very likely correct as I find irreverence and being ridiculous to be relaxing.

Here is for hoping we get more Dark Sun next week. I would like to see "Dark Sun Campaign Setting, Expanded and Revised" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Sun_Campaign_Setting,_Expanded_and_Revised

I am Jonesing for more news.