Unofficial 2009/2010 Product Release Schedule

368 posts / 0 new
Last post

I will try and keep this updated as best as I can. Please post new finds. (***UPDATED 11/12/09***)

Core Supplements:

products_dndacc_242100000_lgpic.jpg 
  Draconomicon II: Metallic Dragons (November 17, 2009) 

dnd_products_dndacc_242110000_pic3_en.jpg 
  The Plane Below: Secrets of the Elemental Chaos  (December 15, 2009)

dnd_products_dndacc_251200000_pic3_en.jpg 
  Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn (January 19, 2010)

dnd_products_dndacc_251210000_pic3_en.jpg 
  Underdark: A 4th Edition Supplement (January 19, 2010) 

dnd_products_dndacc_251230000_pic3_en.jpg 
  Martial Power 2: A 4th Edition Supplement (February 16, 2010) 

dnd_products_dndacc_251240000_pic3_en.jpg 
  Player's Handbook 3 (March 16, 2010) 

dnd_products_dndacc_255190000_pic3_en.jpg 
  Hammerfast: A Dwarven Outpost Adventure Site (April 20, 2010) 

dnd_products_dndacc_251260000_pic3_en.jpg 
  The Plane Above: Secrets of the Astral Sea  (April 20, 2010) 

dnd_products_dndacc_250317200_pic3_en.jpg

Dungeon Magazine Annual (May 18, 2010)

dnd_products_dndacc_253820000_pic3_en.jpg

Player's Strategy Guide (May 18, 2010)

dnd_products_dndacc_255190000_pic3_en.jpg 
  Monster Manual 3
(June 15, 2010)

dnd_products_dndacc_253830000_pic3_en.jpg

Player's Handbook Races: Tieflings (June 15, 2010) 

dnd_products_dndacc_253860000_pic3_en.jpg Demonomicon (July, 2010)

dnd_products_dndacc_197400000_pic3_en.jpg Vor Rukoth: An Ancient Ruins Adventure Site (July 20, 2010)

Dungeon Master's Guide 3 (September, 2010)

Power Cards:

Arcane Power - Bard Power Cards (November 17, 2009)

Arcane Power - Sorcerer Power Cards (November 17, 2009)

Arcane Power - Swordmage 1 Power Cards (November 17, 2009)

Arcane Power - Swordmage 2 Power Cards (November 17, 2009)

Arcane Power - Warlock Power Cards (November 17, 2009)

Arcane Power - Wizard Power Cards (November 17, 2009)

Divine Power - Avenger Power Cards (February 16, 2010)

Divine Power - Cleric Power Cards (February 16, 2010)

Divine Power - Invoker Power Cards (February 16, 2010)

Divine Power - Paladin Power Cards (February 16, 2010)

FYI, the link for Prince of Undeath; E3 Adventure takes you to the WotC page for DU5 Dungeon Tiles: Sinister Woods.
***Updated***

Fixed the bad link (thanks Iskandr)

Updated release dates with days (where applicable) and did a thorough cleanup
How about adding a section for when their promised Insider goodies, like the Virtual Gaming Table or Dungeon builder will be available?
How about adding a section for when their promised Insider goodies, like the Virtual Gaming Table or Dungeon builder will be available?

This has been something I considered putting in last year's Schedule, but the reality is that these digital programs/services are very much in limbo with a very amorphous schedule, and there are those who suggest that, due to the economy and the recent layoffs at WotC, these programs may never appear.

So, for the time being, I will stick to printed/produced material.
For the adventure modules, I think it would look more slick (and be more in line with the official titles) if you started each line with the "adventure code", wherever possible. For example, the last entry right now would read "E3: Prince of Undeath". Additionally, the word "Adventure" on most of those entries is a bit redundant.

"Revenge of the Giants" is obviously a special case, because we don't know its "code", if it even will have one. It doesn't need it anyway; it is different from the other module products, it's okay if the entry looks a little different too. Just call it "Revenge of the Giants; Boxed 'Super Adventure'".

This has been something I considered putting in last year's Schedule, but the reality is that these digital programs/services are very much in limbo with a very amorphous schedule, and there are those who suggest that, due to the economy and the recent layoffs at WotC, these programs may never appear.

So, for the time being, I will stick to printed/produced material.

Good call.

Regardless of opinion of D&DI Tools, it would be setting yourself up for a major headache if you were trying to state the release date for products whose best release estimate is usually, "As soon as it's ready."
For the adventure modules, I think it would look more slick (and be more in line with the official titles) if you started each line with the "adventure code", wherever possible. For example, the last entry right now would read "E3: Prince of Undeath". Additionally, the word "Adventure" on most of those entries is a bit redundant.

"Revenge of the Giants" is obviously a special case, because we don't know its "code", if it even will have one. It doesn't need it anyway; it is different from the other module products, it's okay if the entry looks a little different too. Just call it "Revenge of the Giants; Boxed 'Super Adventure'".

Indeed. I used this method originally because it was how it was listed on Amazon (right or wrong) and stuck to it. Besides, the two new modules for Eberron and the Megadventure Giants one have no such moniker. I might take a "wait and see" for how they will progress and label accordingly.

Either way, your suggestion is noted and appreciated.
DELETED
Indeed. I used this method originally because it was how it was listed on Amazon (right or wrong) and stuck to it. Besides, the two new modules for Eberron and the Megadventure Giants one have no such moniker. I might take a "wait and see" for how they will progress and label accordingly.

Either way, your suggestion is noted and appreciated.

Well, FWIW, the Forgotten Realms adventure had the code "FR1". It's possible that the analogous Eberron adventure (Seeker of the Ashen Crown) will have a similar tag.
OK I am retarted. I forgot you need to "Go Advanced" to do that. Changed. Please

Delete this Thread

Sorry, I am trying to leave town for CES and have been rushing to get this done!
Wait, I changed the title, and that changed when you open the thread, but the Sticky title remains the same!
Wait, I changed the title, and that changed when you open the thread, but the Sticky title remains the same!

Hmm... that is funky.
Well, FWIW, the Forgotten Realms adventure had the code "FR1". It's possible that the analogous Eberron adventure (Seeker of the Ashen Crown) will have a similar tag.

It is possible, however "E1" is obviously taken, and I had guessed at it being "EB1" but now that it's listed, there is no evidence for this. If it changes for them, I will update the listing.
Looks like the new thread is up and running. All systems normal.

I will be in Vegas attending CES for work. I will return next Monday or so. Please drop any new findings in here and I will update when I return.
***Updated***

Alright bays and girls, I am back.

As promised I have implemented a minis section, and what did I find, but images on Amazon of the packaging which gives a real insight into the thinking here.

The PH:Heroes series look to be 3 non-random figures per pack for about $11 ($9 actual) and then they will be supported by the MM: DD and MM: DL series of random monster boosters; retail $15 ($10 actual).

Aside from that, everything is cruising along normally. Anyone have any thoughts?
Artwork Update:

Amazon just posted the DMG 2 Artwork. Lookie:

IMAGE(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BDf94CoaL._SS500_.jpg)

Power Card Artwork (example):
IMAGE(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Go4y5umxL._SS500_.jpg)

The Power Card Display Artwork:
IMAGE(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Kt3HN2sbL._SS500_.jpg)

and Revenge of the Giants Artwork:
IMAGE(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kZ8aGpFpL._SS500_.jpg)
Cool artwork! I'm excited now.

Regarding Revenge of the Giants: it appears to have the number "P2" in the top left corner, perhaps as its "series number" (despite it not being part of a series, AFAIK). Interestingly, it also appears to be for levels 14-17, which is the same level range for "The Demon Queen's Enclave", which is also known as P2.
I think the module designations will start becoming a more standardized notation such as [setting][tier][level range] or some such thing.
I think the module designations will start becoming a more standardized notation such as [setting][tier][level range] or some such thing.

That's certainly what this suggests, yes. Seems convenient, but less interesting.
Totally off-topic post, but it just occurred to me: Obama MUST have a houseruled CHA
Totally off-topic post, but it just occurred to me: Obama MUST have a houseruled CHA

Careful there, Enigma: Despite how many folks might agree with you, politics is bad thing to bring up, even in a humourous way, and especially in your own stickied thread. Just some friendly advice; I don't want this to get locked.
Careful there, Enigma: Despite how many folks might agree with you, politics is bad thing to bring up, even in a humourous way, and especially in your own stickied thread. Just some friendly advice; I don't want this to get locked.

First off, that's all I was going to say on the matter, and this will be my last post on that clarification or continuation of that thought.

Secondly, it is not political to say someone is charismatic (and I will not argue that point with any trolls)
Stumbled across this in Amazon. This doesn't appear to be an official WotC product:
Advanced Player's Guide

It seems to be available now. From the product description:

"Product Description
Advanced Player's Guide is a must-have supplement for 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons players and GMs alike! Written by the esteemed Ari Marmell, one of the most experienced 4E designers, the book contains 3 new races, 5 new classes, 15 new paragon paths, 17 new feats, 7 new rituals, and optional rules concerning wounds."

Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone have this?
Oh, yeah. That was one of the first, and most popular 3rd party 4e products. The "new" classes are takes on the 3e classes that were "left out" (Druid, Bard, Monk, Barbarian). I'm kind of surprised you haven't heard of it. It's been talked about a lot.

The author, Ari Marmell, posts on various RPG-related forums as "Mouseferatu".
Famous campaign setting: www.sigilprep.com Unfamous web comic: www.department34.com
Perhaps it is because I live in a small, small hole. . .

I will keep a lookout for stuff by him in the future, but I don't think I will be keeping track of many 3rd party items here as it would be a full-time job.

Thanks for the update, Capt!
New artwork from the Eberron Adventure; Secrets of the Ashen Crown. We now know its technically an "H2" for 2-4th level (although I though H2 would be 4-6, but whatever):
IMAGE(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51eOHcxFp8L._SS500_.jpg)
So here is a graphic example of how I could rework this thread to be more graphical. Can I have opinions on what you guys think? Here is a reprint of the Core releases done this way:

***Edited*** No reason to take up space twice

As you can see, it is fairly pleasing, but you can click on either the image or the name to go to the link, but it leaves the underline from the link. Obviously the ones without images would need to be treated in a way where they would not be lost. Thoughts?
Very nice layout!

Bel
Originally Posted by WotC_RichBaker In related news, I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate your 3.5 rulebooks, and force you to convert to the new edition. Where do you live?
Very nice layout!

Bel

Thanks Bel!

Obviously, that first post will get pretty huge, but I think there will always be a maximum far end of material at 1 year off. And, as always, products will be struck from the list as they hit the street.
Ah, screw it. I'm gonna go for it!
Ah, screw it. I'm gonna go for it!

I like it! But I think spoiler blocks for the pictures would be a good idea, too. That way your thread doesn't load to slowly for folks with internet issues.
First off, that's all I was going to say on the matter, and this will be my last post on that clarification or continuation of that thought.

Secondly, it is not political to say someone is charismatic (and I will not argue that point with any trolls)

Sorry, Enigma; I didn't mean to imply anything by what I said. All I meant was that I have seen moderator action against threads that just mention a politician or religious figure's name, because of the often strong feelings people have towards them, coupled with the fact that it's almost always off-topic.

No sore feelings, Enigma?
I like it! But I think spoiler blocks for the pictures would be a good idea, too. That way your thread doesn't load to slowly for folks with internet issues.

I tried it with that, but it was a pain, didn't give the info right away (which, let's face it, is why people come to this thread) and wasn't graphically pleasing.

This isn't my favorite either, but works the best in the confines of the forum.

I find I do get much more excited at the prospect and volume of what is in the pipeline when I look at it this way! (It must be my inner kid who is at Toys-R-Us but only has $5 from his allowance to spend)
Sorry, Enigma; I didn't mean to imply anything by what I said. All I meant was that I have seen moderator action against threads that just mention a politician or religious figure's name, because of the often strong feelings people have towards them, coupled with the fact that it's almost always off-topic.

No sore feelings, Enigma?

No worries.
E - it looks great! A couple things, however:

1) The E3 description lines up with Against the Giants. I think we can all see the link is right above it, but it looks like you went through great pains to be consistent, so I wanted to let you know that seemed out of place.

2) E2 Actually has a pic on the WotC Web site here, and in case you want it RIGHT NOW, it is below.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/products_dndacc_241917400_lgpic.jpg)

Keep up the great work!
Thanks joydehee!

All has been fixed. . .
from D&D exp, next MoTP style book, Planes Below, focus on elemental chaos.

Didn't catch the month (prolly December)
from D&D exp, next MoTP style book, Planes Below, focus on elemental chaos.

Didn't catch the month (prolly December)

I will keep a lookout for that one. If anyone can find a link, lemmie know!

Thanks Serphet!
did they give any hints @ D&Dexp about what the 2010 setting is going to be???

Before posting, ask yourself WWWS: What Would Wrecan Say?