Unofficial 2008/2009 Product Release Schedule

203 posts / 0 new
Last post
I will try and keep this updated as best as I can. Please post new finds.
(***UPDATED 1/06/09***)

Core Supplements:
Open Grave: Secrets of the Undead (January 20, 2009)
Dungeon Delve: 4e Supplement (February 17, 2009)
Player's Handbook II (March 17, 2009)
Arcane Power: 4E Supplement (April 21, 2009)
Monster Manual II (May 19, 2009)
Divine Power: 4E Supplement (July 21, 2009)
Adventurer's Vault II (August 18, 2009)
Dungeon Master's Guide II (September 15, 2009)
Primal Power: 4E Supplement (October, 2009)
Draconomicon 2: Metallic Dragons (November, 2009)

Power Cards:
Player's Handbook - Cleric Power Cards (March 17, 2009)
Player's Handbook - Fighter Power Cards (March 17, 2009)
Player's Handbook - Paladin Power Cards (March 17, 2009)
Player's Handbook - Ranger Power Cards (March 17, 2009)
Player's Handbook - Rogue Power Cards (March 17, 2009)
Player's Handbook - Warlock Power Cards (March 17, 2009)
Player's Handbook - Warlord Power Cards (March 17, 2009)
Player's Handbook - Wizard Power Cards (March 17, 2009)
Martial Power - Fighter Power Cards (May 19, 2009)
Martial Power - Ranger Power Cards (May 19, 2009)
Martial Power - Rogue Power Card (May 19, 2009)
Martial Power - Warlord Power Cards (May 19, 2009)
Player's Handbook II - Avenger Power Cards (August 18, 2009)
Player's Handbook II - Barbarian Power Cards (August 18, 2009)
Player's Handbook II - Bard Power Cards (August 18, 2009)
Player's Handbook II - Druid Power Cards (August 18, 2009)
Player's Handbook II - Invoker Power Cards (August 18, 2009)
Player's Handbook II - Shaman Power Cards (August 18, 2009)
Player's Handbook II - Sorcerer Power Cards (August 18, 2009)
Player's Handbook II - Warden Power Cards (August 18, 2009)

Core Modules:
Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress; P3 Adventure (March 17, 2009)
Death's Reach; E1 Adventure (April 21, 2009)
Kingdom of the Ghouls; E2 Adventure (June 16, 2009)
Revenge of the Giants; "Super" Adventure (August 18, 2009)
Prince of Undeath; E3 Adventure (October, 2009)

Forgotten Realms:
***None at this Time***

Eberron:
Eberron Campaign Guide (June 16, 2009)
Eberron Player's Guide (July 21, 2009)
Secrets of the Ashen Crown; Eberron Adventure [2nd to 4th level](July 21, 2009)

Misc.:
Caves of Carnage; (DU3) Dungeon Tiles (February 17, 2009)
Dungeon Magazine Annual 2009: A 4th Edition D&D Supplement (Hardcover)(May 19, 2009)
Arcane Towers; DU4 Dungeon Tiles(June, 2009)
Dragon Magazine Annual 2009 (September 15, 2009)
Sinister Woods; DU5 Dungeon Tiles (October, 2009)

Miniatures:
***Coming Soon!***
Well, (as a curiosity) if you bought everything on the list (so far) at retail price, it would run you in the neighborhood of $735
Why would you buy both DMG/MM/PHBs as well as the starter set? At this stage I'll be buying:
* Adventurer's Vault
* Draconomicon I
* MotP
* H2 and H3
* Possibly Dungeon Delve (need more info).

I'm not particularly interested in an undead supplement. I'm also unsure if I'll get FR or simply use my own homebrew world for my traditional fantasy game.
Why would you buy both DMG/MM/PHBs as well as the starter set? At this stage I'll be buying:
* Adventurer's Vault
* Draconomicon I
* MotP
* H2 and H3
* Possibly Dungeon Delve (need more info).

I'm not particularly interested in an undead supplement. I'm also unsure if I'll get FR or simply use my own homebrew world for my traditional fantasy game.

From its description, it sounds like the starter set if for those who have never played before. Includes dice, minis, a map, and an adventure - along with basic rules. I guess it lets people put their toe in the water before they drop $100 for the core set.

Maybe it is modeled after the old beginner and expert box sets . .. hmmm I wonder if they come with a crayon to color in the dice with?
i thought
Adventurer's Vault: A Guide to Weapons, Equipment, and Treasure for Your Character

was simply the Tome of Treasures
i thought was simply the Tome of Treasures

They changed it from Tome of Treasures to Adventurer's Vault. That way it's made clear that players can buy and use it as well as DMs.
If it's for players it should be called "Shiny Stuff: Ooooh, I want that!":D
I'm not particularly interested in an undead supplement.

Same here.

I'd like to know when the next volume of the Draconomicon is expected to be done.
Same here.

I'd like to know when the next volume of the Draconomicon is expected to be done.

I'd bet a shiny nickel it comes after MM2, which will introduce Metallic Dragons (speculation only)
I really have very little interest at all in the Draconomocon products. I mean, how often do characters fight dragons anyway.

Of these products, the two I'm most interested in, by far, as a player are Martial Power and Adventurer's Trove. As a DM, I'm interested in the Undead book far more than the Dragon book. Also in the modules, although if they're the same quality as KotS, that'd suck... because it's story is just plain horrible... could it be any more cliched?. I love that it included maps, and I like the encounter format, but, geez, the story was so cliched and lame it was amazing. Look at the quality of the Pathfinder adventures and compare that to this... it's not even close.

I'm not even remotely interested in the Realms, I'm an Eberron fan and the Realms just bore the heck out of me.

Off topic, if anyone from WOTC is listening, how about putting jpgs of the maps for individual encounter areas in modules up on DDI so we can print them off for use as battle maps instead of having to scan them. I scanned each encounter area and then used photoshop to break them into 11 x 17 sections, printed them off at the color printer at work, and then taped them together, and it was awesome. Except for traps and secret doors being shown on the pages... it'd be nice if those were taken off for any that are uploaded to DDI.
I really have very little interest at all in the Draconomocon products. I mean, how often do characters fight dragons anyway.

Of these products, the two I'm most interested in, by far, as a player are Martial Power and Adventurer's Trove. As a DM, I'm interested in the Undead book far more than the Dragon book. Also in the modules, although if they're the same quality as KotS, that'd suck... because it's story is just plain horrible... could it be any more cliched?. I love that it included maps, and I like the encounter format, but, geez, the story was so cliched and lame it was amazing. Look at the quality of the Pathfinder adventures and compare that to this... it's not even close.

I am with you on this. My probable targets are Martial Power, Adventurer's Vault, Dungeon Delve, and Manual of the Planes with the Undead book on the side - Although I am holding off on the Draconomicon until I see it or read some reviews. I had the 3e one and, although it had some interesting bits to read - I never used it once.

My player group agreed that we would use H1-H3 for our first 4e encounters so we could focus on the new mechanics and not worry too much about the other stuff. By the time we finish there, we should be off and running.

I'm not even remotely interested in the Realms, I'm an Eberron fan and the Realms just bore the heck out of me.

I am an Eberron guy as well. My guess is that it will be out next year. I remember reading somewhere that they are looking to roll out settings once a year. I am sure we will get Spelljammer by 2012.

Off topic, if anyone from WOTC is listening, how about putting jpgs of the maps for individual encounter areas in modules up on DDI so we can print them off for use as battle maps instead of having to scan them. I scanned each encounter area and then used photoshop to break them into 11 x 17 sections, printed them off at the color printer at work, and then taped them together, and it was awesome. Except for traps and secret doors being shown on the pages... it'd be nice if those were taken off for any that are uploaded to DDI.

Honestly, the idea of printable maps for DDi has made me consider getting a large format color printer to just run off maps. I am already working on effect templates using printed transparencies for blast and burst effects. The dungeon maps were sorely missed from that adventure.
***Updated with new Products. 6/30/2008***

Thanks to Belorin for the heads up.
There's no unofficial date for next year's Eberron material?
***Updated with new Products. 6/30/2008***

Thanks to Belorin for the heads up.

Not a problem! Looking forward to the Martial and Arcane Powers books myself.

Bel
Originally Posted by WotC_RichBaker In related news, I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate your 3.5 rulebooks, and force you to convert to the new edition. Where do you live?
I'll definitely be getting the following.

• Adventurer's Vault: A Guide to Weapons, Equipment, and Treasure for Your Character (September 16, 2008)
  • Martial Power: 4e Supplement (October 21, 2008)
  • Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons (November 18, 2008)
  • Manual of the Planes (December 16, 2008)
  • Open Grave: Secrets of the Undead (January 20, 2009)
  • Player's Handbook II (March 17, 2009)
  • Arcane Power: 4E Supplement (April, 2009)
  • Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (August 19, 2008)
  • Forgotten Realms Players Guide (September 16, 2008)
There's no unofficial date for next year's Eberron material?

There is no official word from either Wizards nor Amazon.

That being said, Forgotten Realms is slated for August, and we are just seeing hints of Q2 2009. Q1 seems pretty set, so my guess might by a Q3 release for new worlds - assuming they launch an Eberron campaign at all in 2009.
Not a problem! Looking forward to the Martial and Arcane Powers books myself.

Bel

Me as well. I was very pleased when I say you had found it. I knew they could not wait much longer than Martial, BUT if you notice it does launch the month after PHBII, so I am hoping it includes goodies for PHBII classes as well, although that would seem counter to WotC the dime-squeezing stratagem.
There is no official word from either Wizards nor Amazon.

That being said, Forgotten Realms is slated for August, and we are just seeing hints of Q2 2009. Q1 seems pretty set, so my guess might by a Q3 release for new worlds - assuming they launch an Eberron campaign at all in 2009.

Considering that Keith Baker is writing the ECS now, I assume it'll be out next year... but I suppose nothing is guaranteed.
Considering that Keith Baker is writing the ECS now, I assume it'll be out next year... but I suppose nothing is guaranteed.

They have said that it will be out in 2009
Just wanted to point out the "Dungeon Master 4e for Dummies" or whatever that one is called is slated for a November 15, 2008 release. The other "for Dummies" book is correct with July 15, 2008 release.
I think I'll be getting the next PHB, Martial and Arcane Power, and the player's guide to Faerun, mainly for Genasi and Swordmage.
Just wanted to point out the "Dungeon Master 4e for Dummies" or whatever that one is called is slated for a November 15, 2008 release. The other "for Dummies" book is correct with July 15, 2008 release.

Fixed. Thanks!
Oh, wow~

Yay me for sticky!
Kind of nice that 4E for Dummies has the same release date as "Premium Dice." Maybe they can put them right next to each other.
Congrats on the sticky!

Bel
Originally Posted by WotC_RichBaker In related news, I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate your 3.5 rulebooks, and force you to convert to the new edition. Where do you live?
Thanks. I think it's pretty amazing they have everything through Q2 2009 lockedup tight, including quite a bit of artwork, and Q3 is coming along nicely.

Did anyone notice that the cover art for PHBII has (what looks to be) a Goliath on the cover? Or is that a Warforged? Looks like a Goliath to me . . .
Sorry the link above i to the Amazon page. Here is the cover pic: PHBII

I think that's definately a Goliath, and that looks like an Elf chick summoning some kind of spectral/illusory kitties, although I suppose it could be a Gnome - looks elf.
As was pointed out to me in another thread if that is a Goliath Barbarian and most do agree that it is then the female character is not a Gnome as they top out at 3' 9" and Goliaths can be up to around 8' tall. I think it's a Shifter Shaman myself.

Bel
Anyone else notice that the powers text in that picture of the PHB2 shows "Arcane, Divine and Primal"? Interesting.
Anyone else notice that the powers text in that picture of the PHB2 shows "Arcane, Divine and Primal"? Interesting.

... Hehe...
So primal would be Barbarian . . . would it also be a druid or shaman? Considering shamans (druids being the celtic version of a shaman) are intrinsically animistic, worshiping animals, plants, trees, winds, lava, et al., one could count that as primal rather than divine or arcane it would seem.
yeah druid and shaman would be primal... speaking of which the female on the cover looks elven to me and seems to be wearing a something on her head similiar to the iconic druid of 3e.

but if it really is arcane,divine,primal; then the people over on the guess the classes of phb2 might need to take a new look at their choices.
The Artificer article on Dragon specifies that it is "scheduled for release in 2009 in the Eberron Player's Guide".
Thanks Ondo, I saw that. I was hoping for a little more info before I posted. I suppose I could just throw it up there
Monster Manual 2 up on products page, not alot of info:
Release Date May 2009
Format Trade Hardcover
Page Count 224
Price $29.95 ; C$34.00

Bel
***Updated, MMII***

Thanks again, Belorin!

Look at me I'm a poet and I had some sort of inkling that I could have been one . . .a poet that is!
So we should expect the DMG 2 in June/July. Looks pretty good to me I like that its spread out among a few months to help pay for it.
That was the original plan for the first three core books till they changed because everyone wanted the first three together. Now they're back on track.

Bel
Do we have an official update on the DMG2?
Not yet, PHB II is up on Amazon, no cover image tho!

Bel
Yeah, that's the link I have up - Amazon whenever possible.
Sign In to post comments