PHB II release date and a suggestion for the Shaman

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know when the 4E PHB 2 is released? I hear that there will be a shaman included.

If he is there, what do people think his role will be? I would like to see him take the role of a healer in the group as this was the Shamans role in history. But not only heal up HP's, but also be able to effectively cure mental disorders and such that are included in the game. The use of rituals would be good imo, where the whole group could perform a ritual with the shaman leading the show, and this would confer benefits to the group for the next day.
I have recommended that this thread be moved to the Future Releases forum.
Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
1. I don't believe anyone does.

2. There was some info about either the shaman or the druid using weather related stuff, plus the fact that the shaman had "interesting ways" of dealing with spirits (but don't quote me on that). With a barbarian most likely being striker or defender and the druid probably being a leader-striker, I'd think shamans would be controllers.

But thats just speculation, seeing that we don't even know if the shaman is in PHB2.

Of course, I sure hope so
I've got a thread compiling all known info about upcoming classes at http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224280. Here's the section about the Shaman:

The Shaman is mentioned as a class that fills the Leader role (source). Rich Baker mentions it "includes some neat mechanisms for dealing with nature spirits". (source)

As far as release date, I think "next year" is all they've said.
I've got a thread compiling all known info about upcoming classes at http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=224280. Here's the section about the Shaman:

The Shaman is mentioned as a class that fills the Leader role (source). Rich Baker mentions it "includes some neat mechanisms for dealing with nature spirits". (source)

As far as release date, I think "next year" is all they've said.

nice sum up there