Future Release - Spelljammer

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nevermind! Wrong forum...
But still, we can start a petition for it!

Attention Wizards of the Coast...

Bring back Spelljammer!
No, we can't start a petition.
Petitions are frowned on, and, I think, a violation of the CoC.

We can however make a vocal suggestion, and let them know there is intrest.

PLEASE make a 4e version of Spelljammer. You're only doing a three book splat for each campaign setting you do for 4e anyway, so it's not like you'd be commiting to a large amount of work, producing an unending line of support products.

All we ask is what you've said you'll give the settings in 4e.

A campaign book, with material for the DM, with detailed rules for 'space' combat and spell jamming ships, and monsters important to the setting, Like the Giant Space Hampster.

A Players Guide, with otherwise unpublished races important to the setting, Classes, and Paragon Paths, geared for the setting, and important items of power (like air spores)

A single introductory adventure. Something to give Spelljammer 4e a good kickoff.

Pretty please, give us Spelljammer 4e.
Brew'N Games: A Homebrewing Blog, Both Games and Beer. "The Sky is Falling Like a Sock of Cocaine in the Ministry of Information..." - Man Man, Black Mission Goggles
I'd love to see a Spelljammer as well. I have never played never seen the rules, but I have heard a fair amount about it. (even based one of my worlds loosely on it.. ie sharing the space travel bit)

Wotc, please?
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
The only setting I'd like to see more then spell Jammer would be a 4e Mystara setting.
And here i was just ever so recently digging up the old books, playing with the numbers. Realized a bit by accident how enormously profitable a nation of dwarven citadels could be.. a nice 100% payback on a 4 months basis.
Which means that if you feel expansionistic, you can double the number of citadels each "season".
The only setting I'd like to see more then spell Jammer would be a 4e Mystara setting.

AMEN!!!
I'd like to see Spelljammer make a return. I have the original box set in storage, but I never had a chance to play in 2e. The wife of the DM in my gaming group that is willing to run it is violently opposed to it being played in her house (other stuff is okay), so he never had a chance to run anything in 3.x.
I'd like to see Spelljammer make a return. I have the original box set in storage, but I never had a chance to play in 2e. The wife of the DM in my gaming group that is willing to run it is violently opposed to it being played in her house (other stuff is okay), so he never had a chance to run anything in 3.x.

Allergic to tinkergnomes and giant spacehampsters perhaps?
I can think of few other reasons.. or liking to play spellslingers, and then ending up in the helm.. (bad mage, bad! Go sit in the corner, while we adventure!) lol
I hope its covered on D&D Insider, means we'll get it sooner than waiting for them to release a book!

Spelljammer is a perfect "Points of Light" setting - the Points of Light are the crystal spears and the darkness between them is "the Flow"! Don't just release Spelljammer, make it the default setting!

I TOTALLY second this sentiment. I'd love to see more done with Mystara. I loved the Roman/Persian conflict set up with Thyatis against (oh crap what were they're names...Aphysis or something like that).

I liked the Savage Coast part of Mystara as well, with the Red Steel and the more Renaissance/New World feel. Very nice, and never really replicated in any other setting.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Al-Qadim (did I spell that right) brought back...I never played it (or else I'd be able to spell it right), but I think it would be neat to try out.

Also, something new on Sigil...
my votes are (in this order) Spell Jammer, Birth right, Ravenloft, Darksun come on for 2010, 2011, 2012, and who am I kidding... at best 2, probly only 1 of the above will be remade...but if that one is spell jammer

Before posting, ask yourself WWWS: What Would Wrecan Say?

Well! I thought I would get burned for posting in the wrong forum, but glad to see there are supporters of Spelljammer. It definitely was my favorite setting. I do have to agree with GMforPowergamers though with his order, I think I've met a kindred spirit!

4e Birthright and ravenloft would be pretty sweet as well. Though I do have to admit I never played in the Darksun setting.
I hope its covered on D&D Insider, means we'll get it sooner than waiting for them to release a book!

Spelljammer is a perfect "Points of Light" setting - the Points of Light are the crystal spears and the darkness between them is "the Flow"! Don't just release Spelljammer, make it the default setting!

Has me wondering.. with the vast number of newly dead gods 100+?, and a bit of a ban on powerful creatures on the regular worlds.. priests without spells etc, the astral plane will see a enormous population boom.
Githyankies will be but a small minority, crowded out by mystra diehards, lathander worshippers. Various mages that wont go home until everyone has been claiming for a century that there are no more plaguelands etc magic problems.

So both a bunch of new real estate, and a whole bunch of powerful expats. Power can shield the weak, so those points of light endure there too.

And the ofcourse, anyone with time can craft a flying fortress there. Just throw a few thousand walls of stone. None of which, naturally, has portals. Nope, its up to astraljammers to do trading, relaying news and fight off githyanki pirates that are seriously ****** off about all the humans.

Oh and no worry, plenty of bad people fled their worlds too. ;)
Allergic to tinkergnomes and giant spacehampsters perhaps?
I can think of few other reasons.. or liking to play spellslingers, and then ending up in the helm.. (bad mage, bad! Go sit in the corner, while we adventure!) lol

No, it's more that she doesn't like to mix her sci-fi with her fantasy genres. Which is weird, cause she doesn't mind mixing *other* genres. It's one of those things that never made sense to me.
Sign In to post comments