D&D 4E Lite PDFs ?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
The best way to cut almost all arguing back and forth about 4E and why you should or should not buy it would be to make a FREE D&D 4E Lite PDF available.

Alote of people out there can't really afford the pricy H1 just to figure out if they like the new D&D. Many other compagnies do this. Its a great marketing tool. Any plans to do this soon ?
Read my DD4E campaign blog
No.
afaik, there will be an open gaming licence and an SRD, as like in 3.x

I'm not particularly in the 'know', and while I don't things have been publicly finalized, from what I hear these will not be like they were in 3.x.

I've heard the GSL is to facilitate publishers, mainly, and will include definitions of what content is allowed to be used in third party products (with descriptions such as 'rule x: see pg YYY PH' or some such generic way of attributing the exact text) without actually allowing for a downloadable version of the core of the game system.

So no free third party PDFs with the core of the system this time around.
I could see them making a PDF or even a separate publication (for like $5 or less at the store) of the Quick Start rules that came in H1 actually. It's not that thick, only gives specifics on those characters, but is enough to see if you're interested.
I could see them making a PDF or even a separate publication (for like $5 or less at the store) of the Quick Start rules that came in H1 actually. It's not that thick, only gives specifics on those characters, but is enough to see if you're interested.

Maybe...however, I'm thinking that a basic set being designed to come out in the future which will have more that one can do and retails for a wee bit more than $5 (and by a wee bit more, think something more equivalent of what the books are retailing for now) will fill that nitch nicely.
Another thing I'd be willing to pay for is a softcover, non-glossy paper, black and white PHB that retailed for around $20, because that would be awesome to pass around the game table at home or when I'm running at the FLGS.

Like Brainiac5 said, there will be no such thing. No more Open Gaming from WotC.
Sign In to post comments