Power cards

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
4th got alot of cool powers for the classes. And you (authors of 4th) suggest writting the powers on index cards. Thats a great idea, but im not that good a designer to make nice cards, and i'm lazy so i don't want to glue cardboard and cut paper for my cards.

But hey, Wizards of the coast make alot of trading card games (not that this should be a tcg, but you know how to make good quality cards). How about WotC made a deck of powercards? With cool design, maybe a picture like on magic cards and the color themes that are made for At-will, encounter, daily and utility. Maybe nice picture on the back side of the card to indicate the class like them you allready use in the phb.

I know me and alot of my freinds would buy such a deck.
We all know you just opened a can of "Worms that Walk" (it was punny and you gnow it) and WotC would probably try to get money from it (they are a company) so they would probably have class "starter" sets with powers from the PHB and booster packs with powers from supplements and powers made specifically for boosters.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

4th got alot of cool powers for the classes. And you (authors of 4th) suggest writting the powers on index cards. Thats a great idea, but im not that good a designer to make nice cards, and i'm lazy so i don't want to glue cardboard and cut paper for my cards.

On enworld, there is a thread on using the M:TG card editor for just such a purpose, with card designs included:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=220953
Never happen! Wotc will not make professionally designed and printed cards for powers. Why?

DDM the miniatures game for D&D recently (April) went into 2nd Edition, creating a new game along with 4th edition. Since the game involves using the stats all on cards alongs with the minis, that makes 900 minis useless for the minis game.

After much fight players were able to convince them to update all older miniatures with new rules.

They have always offered PDf format cards for people to download in case of lost or damaged cards for tournaments. So when they update these 900+ miniatures they will all be in PDF form (120 down 700+ to go). The thing is they stated they would NOT print these already professionally designed cards on card stock and sell them as there would not be a large enough market. They cards could also be used as the MM entries for D&D as they should at some point get updated as well like the Dungeon of Dread and Against the Giants sets of minis have RPG stats on the reverse of the cards.

Yet they refuse as they feel it would not be cost effective.

Now if they will not print cards for the minis which function for two games, then I would not hold your breathe expecting them to print power cards only useable for D&D.

Side note:

DDM cards and rules are all online for free. You can download the full rules and cards to play with using whatever to replace the minis, however selling cards or offering free cards online that people can download would probably be giving too much of D&D away for free. Funny ain't it?
ok, With all the talk about power cards (or the lack thereof) I have made some that you can make on your own. The powers are straight from the PHB made to fit on a standard size business card. The card stock I used you can get at any office supply store (avery model 8371 or 8376) and the layouts are in MS Publisher 2003. All you should have to do is load the file and print. If you want to get fancy, I included a card back just to make em look snazzy. Check em out, If enough people like them I will finish and post the whole series for each class. This is just a sample of the fighter power cards. Its all the level 1 powers and level 2 utility powers. Let me know if you find them useful. here is the link for download.....

http://filefactory.com/file/5fab4c

click on the "Use filefactory Basic to download" link.
power cards! not blank, but filled out nice. I haven't been able to download Nickar's, but it sounds like the right idea. anyway power cards are the top of my list to prevent players passing around rulebooks and wasting time.
Check the Rules Compendium for DDI.

List the powers and print them onto 3x5 index cards.
http://www.emass-web.com/index.php

Not Cards... but does power sheets you can use. Only one sheet instead of a ton of cards. Just pick the Dynamic sheets and 4th edition