It's Time...

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
WotC, don't you think its time to close the "Future Releases" board?

After all, why keep it up? There is nothing left coming out now for 3.5, so please, just put it out of its misery.
This is already being discussed in various community management threads. From what I can discern, no boards are being closed at this time (excepting the Mature forum for unrelated reasons). If I understand correctly, all 3.5 boards will be closed when GamerZero is ready to transfer to the new boards - at which time Future releases will be a new board on the 4e forums.
"Man is made God's plaything, and that is the best part of him. Therefore every man and woman should live life accordingly, and play the noblest games... Life must be lived as play, playing certain games, making sacrifices, singing and dancing..." Plato, The Laws.
They already changed name of this section of forums to D&D Previous Editions, no need to close it.
Show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
If I understand correctly, all 3.5 boards will be closed when GamerZero is ready to transfer to the new boards

That can't seriously be the case?! 3.5 is going to live long after 4e comes out. Many of us (whether we will try out 4e or not) are far from done with 3.5 ... and errata is still in the works for 3.5 books as well.

So, even if they would try to close the 3.5 boards, 3.5 discussion would (need to) continue the same way.
I apologize for the confusion. It is my understanding that the current 3.5 forums will be closed and then we will be given 5 or 6 new forums in which to discuss 3.5. In my opinion this isn't enough, but it seems obvious to me that CM isn't interested in user opinions about such matters.

If you have an active discussion at the time of the switch, you might be able to request that it be moved to the new forums. I have no idea what will be allowed though.

Oh and about that erratta, my guess is we'll never actually see it.
"Man is made God's plaything, and that is the best part of him. Therefore every man and woman should live life accordingly, and play the noblest games... Life must be lived as play, playing certain games, making sacrifices, singing and dancing..." Plato, The Laws.
This is already being discussed in various community management threads. From what I can discern, no boards are being closed at this time (excepting the Mature forum for unrelated reasons). If I understand correctly, all 3.5 boards will be closed when GamerZero is ready to transfer to the new boards - at which time Future releases will be a new board on the 4e forums.

Eep. Does that mean that there will be massive data loss and we should be scrabbling to back up posted info that we want to save?
I'm assuming there will be an archive, at least until 5e comes out
WotC, don't you think its time to close the "Future Releases" board?

After all, why keep it up? There is nothing left coming out now for 3.5, so please, just put it out of its misery.

And pretty much nothing else coming out either.. one cancelled novel after another. Think theres one(!) coming for the whole year.. a "star sistahz" -which just kinda sounds like ghetto trash to me.
They already changed name of this section of forums to D&D Previous Editions, no need to close it.

Doesn't anyone else see the problem of having a "Future Releases" sub-forum in the "Previous Editions" forum?

Personally, I think the whole "Future Releases" forum should be lifted out of the old section of the boards and put into the 4th Edition section. That would be my first choice. Failing that, it should probably just be closed.
I was referring to closing the whole forum, not just the Future Releases sub-forum.
Show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
The likelihood is that some forums now in "Previous Editions" will be moved wholesale into the 4th edition forums.

Other forums are likely to be merged into the five to six aforementioned 3rd edition forums.

Anything currently on a forum is unlikely to be purged. More likely, the forums will be locked and then will slowly wend their way into the Archives, as is happening with the Mature Forums right now.

However, if there are posts that you use as references often it is certainly a good idea to download them to your computer as there are no guarantees that any forum transformation is going to go smoothly or that data would not be lost, even unintentionally.
It'd be a lot easier and make more sense just to make new sub-forums in 4e without messing with this forum at all.
Show

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Why? Just move the Future Releases to the new 4E forums. It also preserves the continuity of threads.
Well, that would be the intelligent thing to do.
Well, that would be the intelligent thing to do.

And that covers why it likely won't be done.
Show

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Well I'll be jiggered... they did move it. :P
And that covers why it likely won't be done.

Huh? You were saying what now?

:P

Wouldn't it be awesome if this very thread survived long enough to get moved to the 5E forum?
And in the process they screwed around with other boards for no reason.
Show

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Sign In to post comments