Monster Manual 6

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
whens it coming out?
whens it coming out?

whens it coming out?

Where did you get the impression that such a book was coming out?
It could if there is a 4th edition monster manual 6.
Assuming we're not on 6th edition by 2013.
Show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
For 3rd edition, never.

For 4th edition- no such product has been announced at this time.
Show
Of the two approaches to hobby games today, one is best defined as the realism-simulation school and the other as the game school. AD&D is assuredly an adherent of the latter school. It does not stress any realism (in the author's opinon an absurd effort at best considering the topic!). It does little to attempt to simulate anything either. (AD&D) is first and foremost a game for the fun and enjoyment of those who seek the use of imagination and creativity.... In all cases, however, the reader should understand that AD&D is designed to be an amusing and diverting pastime, something which an fill a few hours or consume endless days, as the participants desire, but in no case something to be taken too seriously. For fun, excitement and captivating fantasy, AD&D is unsurpassed.As a realistic simulation of things from the realm of make-believe or even as a reflection of midieval or ancient warfare or culture or society, it can be deemed only a dismal failure. Readers who seek the later must search elsewhere. - Gary Gygax. 1e DMG.
Let's make our own.
Just get ahold of Vorpal Tribble.

He's put out enough monsters that he probably has a Monster Manual 6 of his own.
Paizo is going to continue putting out 3.Xe stuff for their Pathfinder line. So you might get another Monster Manual from them.

But Wizards isn’t putting anything out for 3.X anymore.
Paizo is going to continue putting out 3.Xe stuff for their Pathfinder line. So you might get another Monster Manual from them.

But Wizards isn’t putting anything out for 3.X anymore.

Not true. Wizards announced that in June they'll be giving 3.x The Finger.
Where did he say anything different? He said Wizards is gcing up on 3.x, but that Paizo will continue to support it.
Not true. Wizards announced that in June they'll be giving 3.x The Finger.

Paizo and Wizards of the Coast are different companies. Paizo used to put out Dragon and Dungeon Magazines. But Wizards owned the license to Dragon and Dungeon mags. When the license agreement came up for renewal Wizards decided to take the magazines back and start an online ::twich:: version. Paizo then started Pathfinder, a monthly publication similar to Dungeon Magazine; although I am told it has a lot more adult content.

Paizo was debating weather to move Pathfinder to 4e when it came out, but decided to stay with 3.X. They are updating some of the 3.x rules but are keeping Pathfinder 3.X. Paizo is used to putting out books, and they have started work on a Handbook for the Pathfinder setting. So it is not impossible that they would eventually make a 3.X compatable Monster Manual as well.
Paizo's book will be 3.75, won't it?
Show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
More or less, but they claim, at least, that it is backwards compatible, as well - that characters can be ported over either direction without much issue. I'm guessing that some skills might be a little bit weird in a port, but most of the things in the system are at least more compatible than 4.0 will be with 3.5.
..wow thanks for the help
Pathfinder is really nice, but indeed in some cases it is very vivid when it comes to the horror that the usual publications tend to blend out. However in depth and flavor few adventures that I played come close and it is really useable out of the book, something I find most other adventures are not.

Paizos 3.75e is really that, a 3.5e with some minor adjustments. You can easilly convert chars back and forth as this is exactly the meaning of the 3.75e. Note that Paizo as well sees the necessity to iron out the most blatant problems with 3e/3.5e, only they apply band aid where WotC goes for the full surgery.
..wow thanks for the help

Seriously, where did you get that impression that there was going to be a sixth MM?
Sign In to post comments