Metalic dragon icons

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well I had just read that Dungeons of dread consisted of basic minis. To me, that means players and commonly fought monsters found in the first mm.
Well I had just read that Dungeons of dread consisted of basic minis. To me, that means players and commonly fought monsters found in the first mm.

What are basic minis? I thought the categories were common, uncommon, and rare. Judging from the list to which Jhaelen linked above, there are the usual amounts of each in the upcoming set and the young silver dragon is a rare (not unsurprisingly).

What I'm getting at is that I haven't seen anything that specifically says "all Dungeons of Dread minis will be in the first 4e MM".

"Something that distinguishes the Mr Windlings of the universe is the term 'in my humble opinion', which they think adds weight to their statements rather than indicating, in reality, 'these are the mean little views of someone with the social grace of duckweed.'"

~ Terry Pratchett, The Truth

FYI: I used to have a post count of roughly 10,000; it seems most of those posts got lost in various forum reshuffles. 

One can only hope. At least we know we can still get the young silver's stats if nothing else.
Hey, welcome to 4th edition, and the generation of gamers that let the world of MMORPG's influence the design. All you do in games as dull is that is fight, so therefore, that is what 4th Edition is all about. There are too many similarities between 4th Edition and WoW for my liking.

Amen!
Not entirely, (though I'll admit, everyone is more battle ready) DMs can still make a good story, players can still custimize their characters, and you still work in a team no matter the mission. Some things have changed but the heart and soul of D&D is still alive and well. From what i can tell the only changes so far have been for the better, if not for the DM, for the pcs.
Not entirely, (though I'll admit, everyone is more battle ready) DMs can still make a good story, players can still custimize their characters, and you still work in a team no matter the mission. Some things have changed but the heart and soul of D&D is still alive and well. From what i can tell the only changes so far have been for the better, if not for the DM, for the pcs.

I was going to say something too but decided against it. Now that you have said something, though, I'll chime in. I just wanted to point out that all we've really seen of 4e so far is the combat system. So, yes, it's going to feel video/board-gamey because we don't have the whole system. I, for one, feel confident that will be a better RPG than 3e is/was ... and I think that a lot of the naysayers will end up eating their words come June. Some of them won't but then there's no convincing everybody. WotC can't make everyone happy, no matter how hard they try.

"Something that distinguishes the Mr Windlings of the universe is the term 'in my humble opinion', which they think adds weight to their statements rather than indicating, in reality, 'these are the mean little views of someone with the social grace of duckweed.'"

~ Terry Pratchett, The Truth

FYI: I used to have a post count of roughly 10,000; it seems most of those posts got lost in various forum reshuffles. 

Also remember Massawyrm. He said at first he was against it, but within two week ends of playing it, he decided to sell his over a $1,000.00 3.5 book collection.