No Inn-Fighting template page?

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
One of the Wizos just brought this to my attention.

I can't promise anything right now as we have a lot going on but I have raised the question with the web team.

I'll let you know the outcome.

thanks

I can't promise anything right now as we have a lot going on but I have raised the question with the web team.

thanks

Thanks Scott!
Yours, Dave the Brave
So I spoke with a web dev and a web producer. This is one their radar but they don't know how long it will take to make it.

Rob Heinsoo knows we owe it but 4e has been taking a lot of his time.

I'll bug them about it again soon.
Thanks Scott
ask them to pass us the image files and all that, we will do the rest :D

Im hoping to be able to get it in a month or so, was waiting to see if the template would EVER come inorder to see a preview.
If i do manage to get it, is it allowed for us to make templates by ourselves?
I was looking for some new card games.Just picked this up at my local gaming shop this week, along with Zombie Fluxx. It was dissapointing to find out it has an unsupported/abandoned create-a-character feature.

Any hope for this feature being added?
Apparently this will never actually be realized, which is a real disappointment. It was the selling point for me, actually.
Yours, Dave the Brave
This is so typical of Wizards of the Coast. I don't know why I bother to buy any of your products anymore. We just happened to pick this up at the store today, really enjoyed the game and wanted to try using the template to convert our characters as it advertised. What a sham. Spend a bit of time and make the template. This isn't rocket science.

My husband and I have some ideas on this. We are going to work on our own personal system for converting characters, play-test it, and will post our formula here as soon as we have it sorted out. If Wizards wants to remove the post for some kind of copyright infringement then so be it (I have no idea if that would even constitute a violation).
Probably a case for false advertising since they say you can do something and then turn around and so no
Show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
it depends on how it was pacakged. If the card was slipped in as an additional goodie, then no.

However, if the ability to use your current DnD character is listed on the outside of the box, or in a company made avertisement, then yes, WOTC owes you a refund, and then some.

If a third party (gamestore owner, web store advertisement, etc) pointed out to you that there would be a card inside with a web address for converting your character, then that is the person you should see about your refund
almost a year since it came out, 4th ed has been released, soooo where's our template?
almost a year since it came out, 4th ed has been released, soooo where's our template?

No ****ing kidding.
Yours, Dave the Brave
Have you actually deluded yourself into believing it will ever come out?
Show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!

thanks

I have followed up on this again with the web team this morning.

Thanks to WizO_Paradox for reminding me about this
Hi,
as there is still no template available. I'd like to put some content into this thread so that Wiz knows that the "IF"Player haven't died out.

Several times I have thought of putting that game into my RPG campaign, like I did with 3DA.
However it was not so easy to adapt the rules to my requirements.

One thing is that I'd like the party to join a tavern fight in order to get a fugitive to hand him over to the watch.
But how can I acomplish that 6 party member don't hit each other instead of the other participants of the fight?
So I thought of something like "put an NPC in between two players"
(i.e. this order: P1, NPC, P2, NPC, P3, NPC, P1, ...).

That would mean that anytime one will do an attack to the left or to the right he will hit an NPC. If it comes to the rule "hit the leader" I'd like to give them a 50% chance to hit the fugitive or the leader, regardless if the leader is a player or an NPC. If one of the Players has been knocked out, another can join the fight
(as I have 5 Players in my party)
If one of the NPC has been knocked out another NPC will join (so I will allow only two spare NPC).
I hope you get my ideas.
Do you have maybe similiar ideas on how to put Inn-Fighting into your RPG campaign??
Sorry if my english is not good enough to give you a better understanding.

Regards
We are October 18, 2008, 1 year after release, still no template.
At this point, I don't think anything official is going to happen. At least, I'm not about to hold my breath.

I figure I'm just going to take some characters I like and convert them to "Inn-fighting", using the official characters as reference to keep everything balanced. Just an idea.
I was just about to subscribe to DDI, then I saw this thread again, I remember this thread, and its a pretty darn good reason to make me think about it.

If wizards tech teams can't make this, what can I expect from DDI?

Really, a year?

Dare I say the "V" word?

Yes! Vaporwear!
Hey, i just got the game. I work at a pirate bar(no joke) and it was perfect for the sunday afternoon gaming. We want to do a overhaul- make the Piratz Tavern version of Inn Fighting with our characters. Lets go to the template page!

But wait... huh? ::Searches internet::: A year late? Seriously? I've got 4 people wanting to buy it and mod it... and this?

Im sure Wizards hears complaints like this every day but... im dissapointed. I love, love this game. Having 5 pirates, gamers all, who work at a friggin pirate bar, playing a game about a bar brawl on the Captain's table? Best thing ever.

But when Wizards, premiere gaming company goes a year without promised support? Thats... well horrible. I guess its not as important as there are far less player of IF than others of there lines... but still. A year?

I mean, wizards has already gotten a rep for poor online handling through MTGO. And thats a flagship product. What hope is there for an online suppliment to a year old standalone(not collectible for more cash!) card game? Even one as fun as this one, which still seems to have interesteed fans over a year later?

Just adding my voice I guess.
Yesterday, my D&D gang introduced me to this game...
I really liked it!! My first comment about it was "hey, we could convert our characters into this game, and do a 'real brawl' in the D&D sessions we play using our characters! (D&D3.5)

So a goggle search brought me here... No templates yet?

Well, it would always be possible to 'design' the templates ourselves - Has anyone tried?

If there were community-designed rules about this, I could 'merge' those rules inside my D&D3.5/PFinder product and automatically Generate the inn-Fighting characters!

RiTz21
And here we are at the end of the year and still no template. I just got this game, and I'm not so sure my players are that attached to their characters, but it would be nice to see some support from Wizards.
I made a picture for it because I didn't have a scanner. You can edit it in an image editing program. It looks kind of dumb but it is the most people can have now isn't it?

IMAGE(http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/01/05/08/49/1674564_bigthumb.jpg)
Here is an example of one that I got an idea from the Metal Gear Solid video Crab Battle!

IMAGE(http://www.picamatic.com/show/2009/01/05/09/19/1674620_bigthumb.JPG)

It really isn't that hard to do or make. Paint works the best and make sure it is on "Draw Opaque" for putting in text.
I'm really surprised that I didn't see this coming. I bought this yesterday, and here I am surprised, of all things, that Wizards hasn't lived up to their promises once again. This all reminds me of the pre-wizards days of TSR right before they collapsed in a flaming heap.

They are just SO disorganized and so incredibly incapable of doing anything right, it just makes me squirm. These guys could screw up a cup of coffee.

I mean, we're gamers! Put something crappy out there and let us forget about it, rather than tempt us with the promise of future non-existent support. We'll improve your crappy idea! Get the ball rolling on it. Can't hurt.
Just stumbled across an unofficial template:

D&D Inn-Fighting Un-official Template

Hopefully this will tide us over until the official one makes its appearance. ;)
They are just SO disorganized and so incredibly incapable of doing anything right, it just makes me squirm. These guys could screw up a cup of coffee.

I'm so sick if this kind of BS. If they're such screw-ups, then you should be smart enough to not buy their products. It's like you people are actively *searching* for things to ***** about.
I'm so sick if this kind of BS. If they're such screw-ups, then you should be smart enough to not buy their products. It's like you people are actively *searching* for things to ***** about.

Quoted for truth. It is horrendous to complain about a company when more than likely your entire closet (or gameroom) is stock full of their products, and then some.

They mess up sometimes, that's simply Chaos Theory in a complex system. If Wizards wasn't here, guys, there would be no DnD. No other company would be able to lend the support for this brand as Wizards has done. It's fine to get mad at a company for not fulfilling a promise, but to lash out at the company as a whole for a little mistake instead of just complaining about the mistake is EXTREME over-reacting.

If my nerd rage ever gets that bad, I would rather just quit gaming instead of constantly *****ing on the forums.
Role Play Craft : Crafting Ideas, Modules, and Options for your Role Playing Game.
Quoted for truth. It is horrendous to complain about a company when more than likely your entire closet (or gameroom) is stock full of their products, and then some.

They mess up sometimes, that's simply Chaos Theory in a complex system. If Wizards wasn't here, guys, there would be no DnD. No other company would be able to lend the support for this brand as Wizards has done. It's fine to get mad at a company for not fulfilling a promise, but to lash out at the company as a whole for a little mistake instead of just complaining about the mistake is EXTREME over-reacting.

If my nerd rage ever gets that bad, I would rather just quit gaming instead of constantly *****ing on the forums.

Your sanity is refreshing, good sir.
Your sanity is refreshing, good sir.

It's just depressing to me to always come on these forums and see people jumping up and down in rage over small things. Yes, a company is definitely supposed to be held accountable for it's mistakes, but when your transfer your rage to the company as a whole, and transform it in your mind to this faceless monster, rather than focusing on criticizing what needs to be criticized, you aren't only turning yourself into a monster, but you are certainly not helping the company that we all depend on for quality Dungeons and Dragons products.

I think a big problem is this strange sense of entitlement people have. That's why I find this 'pdf' scandal so ridiculous. Sure, they need to rectify people who need rectified, and they certainly need to work on getting their PDFs back up in some manner, but to think that you are entitled or have a right to any sort of product simply shows the strange mindset of our consumer based economy. (I'll end my rant there. I'd rather not start spieling about needing a production based economy.)
Role Play Craft : Crafting Ideas, Modules, and Options for your Role Playing Game.
It's just depressing to me to always come on these forums and see people jumping up and down in rage over small things...but you are certainly not helping the company that we all depend on for quality Dungeons and Dragons products...I think a big problem is this strange sense of entitlement people have.

Okay, so now I officially lurve you.
It's just depressing to me to always come on these forums and see people jumping up and down in rage over small things.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17522_6-new-personality-disorders-caused-by-internet.html #6

the unofficial template looks pretty easy and ok to use...

on the subject of the lack of official one, deal with it... these peoples arent your mommies with nothing to do but please you; they have plenty of other - more important - things to do, like keeping dungeons and dragons *available* for us...plus the 3.5 dungeon masters guide (1 or 2, i cant remember) says that anything is at the DMs discretion... make it up if you have to, its just homebrew!

I think customers are allowed to complain about a promised feature that has never been delivered. Nerd rage is uncalled for here.
Aug 23, 2013 and still no templates.
Why make a game with a 2007 copyright and provide a website that doesn't exist?

TGIF, thank god for inn-fighting

and thank you to the other player who built a website for Wizards.com
D&D Inn-Fighting Un-official Template

Stuart Helm   

OK, I just bought this and brought home anxious to link up my Inn-Fighter character conversion template and to no avail. Then came to this forum and found out I was not the only person who had suffered. Perhaps we can see Wiz do something for GenCon when D&D Next will be released... I will have to try the unofficial template and see if it surfice. 

I see alot of complaints on this subject but I believe I have a simple solution. Is it cost effective for Wizards of the Coast to just add the coding into the character builder online? This would take the character information on the character sheet and just add another template along with the encounters, at-wills, dailys, and magic items. This would also create exposure to existing D&D players who may want to add this option into their gaming.

I got a chance to paly Inn-Fighter and would love to add this feature to my gaming group who are in the Legacy of the Crystal Shard. I can see this working well with Murder at Balder's Gate module which was released a couple of months ago.