In the game is a card which that states:
Find the template for adding your own D&D characters
to the game at: www.wizards.com/Inn-Fighting

The page loads the default D&D page.
No link.
No template.

What's the deal?

i was thinking exactly the saem thing
Good I am not the only one... seems that someone in the web-development/maintenance team dropped the ball or didn't get the memo about the product release date... I am sure it will be remedied soon.
Good I am not the only one... seems that someone in the web-development/maintenance team dropped the ball or didn't get the memo about the product release date... I am sure it will be remedied soon.

yeah but until then......i mean its a good game and evrthing i just played it with some friends in my campus caf but i wish we could be using characters from our eberron game....
Lady Jorasco, it seems I'm destined to find you whenever I look for things I'm interested in. I search for "Inn Fighting Template" on the boards and BAM, there you are.

And I agree! Where's ma dang Inn Fighting conversion template! At least they now redirect you to something other than the main page, but what gives?
Yours, Dave the Brave
Lady Jorasco, it seems I'm destined to find you whenever I look for things I'm interested in. I search for "Inn Fighting Template" on the boards and BAM, there you are.

And I agree! Where's ma dang Inn Fighting conversion template! At least they now redirect you to something other than the main page, but what gives?

hahaha i think youre a pretty cool dude yourself!! :D
Yeah, the template would be nice
Yeah, redirected to the Product page.
Brilliant work, Wizards.

Might as well link to the Paizo.com site.

That's where I'll be spending my money.
Gotta be a Game Mastery product with real support.

Wizards of the Coast couldn't cast cantrips correctly.
I am leaving the radius of effect before daze sets in.

Why do I always walk away from this site bitter ...
Must ... throw ... chair ...
.....still nothing!!
I'm in the same boat. Any news? Did someone just forget about it?
It'd be nice if a product had support listed in the box live within the month of its release.
Yours, Dave the Brave
WTF, where is my support?
Mind you, if DDI is handles as well as this....
Support please!
I just sent an email off to customer service so hopefully they'll answer soon.
Have you tried creating your own templates? I have the game and it seems pretty simple to create your own characters. But I would like something official..... :throws mug at nearest person: BARRRR FIIGGHHHTTTT!!!! :D
well, y dont u recreate the template, and post it here? :D
well, y dont u recreate the template, and post it here? :D

Hopefully we won't need to resort to that, though if we do I'm sure we can come up with something reasonable.
I'd prefer the official template as well. I mean, I could make my own games for most of all this stuff...but I prefer the official stuff. It's kind of like Pancakes......I can make them at home...but they are much better at the restaraunt for some reason ;)
sooo......its november now....wheres our OCTOBER products support?!
sooo......its november now....wheres our OCTOBER products support?!

No kidding.
Yours, Dave the Brave
My first reaction: Listen to the birthing cries of the Digital Initiative.

My second reaction: Has anyone contacted Customer Service about this issue? Complaining about it on the boards won't get anything accomplished since the WotC employees who could do something about this issue rarely check the boards. Contacting customer service will get a much more expedient response.

My third reaction: If customer service was contacted about this issue: see my first response.
Has anyone contacted Customer Service about this issue?

Did it last Saturday, still no response.
The Design Your Own Adventurer Option
If you’ve picked up the game, you’ve probably noticed the card that promises you can come to our website and find out how to add your D&D PC to the game as an Adventurer. That feature isn’t up and running yet, and it’s my fault. My original idea of how to handle the conversion was stupid and wasn’t going to work. Luckily, Logan Bonner had a better idea a week ago and is putting together the basics of his approach, so we’ll have something tinkered together for you soon!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drdd/20071109
Yours, Dave the Brave
They should have had it worked out before the game shipped, not think about it after, but at least they are going to do something... eventually.
I appreciate the humilty the designer showed by admitting his mistake on the template. It just goes to show that Wizards is not a group of evil money hungry people, but are normal people who have normal problems.
I appreciate the humilty the designer showed by admitting his mistake on the template. It just goes to show that Wizards is not a group of evil money hungry people, but are normal people who have normal problems.

I was about to type, "Don't be silly, no one thinks that." and then I remembered I'm on the internet and got a little depressed about the human race.
Yours, Dave the Brave
I was about to type, "Don't be silly, no one thinks that." and then I remembered I'm on the internet and got a little depressed about the human race.

Who's to say we have it all right, the line from HHttG- "thanks for all the fish" pops to my mind with that comment... :D

I hope that when the template page does come up and running we can print out the homemade cards. Sure it might take some cutting gluing or maybe laminating but it would be good.
I love this game - IMO it's far more enjoyable and easy to pick up than Three Dragon Ante. However, it sure would be nice to have an update as to when WotC might be delivering template addition support to this game.
I love this game - IMO it's far more enjoyable and easy to pick up than Three Dragon Ante. However, it sure would be nice to have an update as to when WotC might be delivering template addition support to this game.

"Soon." is the official word.
Yours, Dave the Brave
I bought the game without the knowledge that there was some template or other. I am fine without one. By looking at the stats, I can see that all of the characters are 1st level at best, who would want to go into a fight with their 18th level wizard? Why bother?
I bought the game without the knowledge that there was some template or other. I am fine without one. By looking at the stats, I can see that all of the characters are 1st level at best, who would want to go into a fight with their 18th level wizard? Why bother?

The female Elf wizard has Fireball so I'd say more around 7th.
Do they plan to post a PDF of the book like they did with Three-Dragon Ante? Mine is already pretty thrashed, and a digital one would make it easier to teach others the rules (just hand them a printed copy and tell them to keep it).
Well the new year is almost upon us, has anyone seen or heard anything about the official template???

Odds are it has been directed to the Baaaaaaaack burners of development with the rest of the crew still hammering out 4E stuff. :raincloud
Honestly, I wouldn't expect it until 4e is almost upon us.
Yours, Dave the Brave
Honestly, I wouldn't expect it until 4e is almost upon us.

grrr......even after 2 months gone from the internet its not here?!
Where's the pdf for 3 dragon ante?
Show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
Where's the pdf for 3 dragon ante?

Right here.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drdd/20071109

Ok, so it's been four months since this product launched and about three since the developer posted that support was on its way "soon". What gives?

If the idea was half-baked in the first place and there's no moving forward, why not just say so? Saying there's an acceptable alternative support solution that will be ready soon and then having silence for 90 days isn't a great way to win customers. If at this point it's been held up indefinitely I think many customers would understand, but customers aren't going to assume this without hearing or reading about it. How long does it take a designer to post a 20 - 50 word communication with general (no promises) content? This is basic stuff, guys.

Get some QC on board this tiny ship, Hasbro.
I recently purchased this product and was very excited when I saw that it would be possible to go to the site shown on the card and use a template to turn one of your characters into a card for the game.

I went to the site it just showed me the product I had already purchased. Then to my amazement after I googled Inn-Fighting template i found this thread... I looked at the R&D article and I can't believe that this is still happening when that article was created in November... 3 months is not soon at all. I wanted this game to add a new element to the dnd games I DM. My players like bar fights and we created some rules for them. I thought this would be a good edition. But, since the developers have neglected to even finish it and just leave the customers waiting for something that they were told they would get in a product they spent hard earned money on. why should I have faith that the company will finish future products?
I can understand that they were devoting more time to 4e but now that its at the printers... can we please get some support for this? Please, Rob Heinsoo/Logan Bonner! bestow us with a template!

As a side note can someone else aid me with special case rules clarification?
Say that all players just need to gain one attacks worth of VP and Player A attacks the adventurer of Player B. Player C attempts to thwart this by playing the action card 'Stumblebum' and redirecting the attack towards Player A. One: is this even a possible use for Stumblebum? Two: Who would get the VP if anyone? Three: If said attack hits and attacking player gets the VP... do they win?