Drow of the Underdark Errata

109 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apparently, you don't understand the meaning of "error".

The feat, without Rapid Stunning provided, is a MAJOR error. Go open up the PHB I'm sure you own, open up to Stunning Fist, and read the darn feat again. You can only make ONE

see it?

No, apparently you don't understand. Yes, according to the PHB you can only make 1 stunning fist attempt per round. However, is there a method which allows you to make more than one stunning fist? Why yes there is. Does paralysing fists work if you only make 1 stunning fist attempt in a round? I don't have the book but from what I've heard yes it does. Does this mean it must be prevented from having a greater effect if you are somehow able to make more than one stunning fist attempt? No. As I mentioned before, even if there was no current method for gaining more than one stunning fist attempt it's still good design to indicate what would happen if you could because in the future there might be a method, this is called making your material forward compatible. There is no assumption of you having CW or any other feat that allows more than one stunning fist attempt in a round, the feat works without that material, it is simply enhanced if you have that material (and take advantage of it). The only way I could see it being an error would be if it required that you make more than 1 stunning fist hit in the round to gain the effect in which case it should have rapid stunning as a prerequisite.

And again, you also haven't answered my question on if 2 drow with the feat could each deliver a single paralysing fist in the same round (I don't have the book)?

This is completely contradictory to the statement on Stunning Fist in PHB. You simply CANNOT make more than one stunning attack in a round. Nor does Paralyzing Fists state that you can or allow it as an additional feat benefit. It's a simple fix, really, they need to simple re-word it or add Rapid Stunning as a prerequisite, a feat that GRANTS you the ability to make more than one stun attack in a round.

No it isn't, the feat works, and has a specified effect, if you hit once. It has an additional effect if you do have the ability to make more than one stunning fist attempt, which does exist through at leas 1 method in the game, and there are quite possibly more, or the possibility of more in the future. Again, this is good design as it leaves the feat open to work with other material that might not even be created yet.

We have to assume not everyone owns Complete Warrior and knows about Rapid Stunning. Therefore, to those people, the feat is an ERROR. It needs to either be fixed, reworded, or they need to slap on Rapid Stunning as a prerequisite.

Now do you get it?!

Again, the feat assumes nothing about CW, the feat works without it. There's no requirement of hitting more than once (just an increased effect) so rapid stunning should not be a prerequisite (which would then assume ownership of CW for that matter).
No it isn't, the feat works, and has a specified effect, if you hit once. It has an additional effect if you do have the ability to make more than one stunning fist attempt, which does exist through at leas 1 method in the game, and there are quite possibly more, or the possibility of more in the future. Again, this is good design as it leaves the feat open to work with other material that might not even be created yet.

Exactly. It's good design to take into account things that might exist elsewhere. Rapid Stunning is just one example. This isn't an error.

John Ling

Lead Pathfinder Developer for Frog God Games

Apparently, you don't understand the meaning of "error".

Ditto; unless the feat provides absolutely no benefit if you don't hit someone more often than once per round with 'Stunning Fist'. Which of course nobody on these boards can tell, unless they own the book, as well.
Ditto; unless the feat provides absolutely no benefit if you don't hit someone more often than once per round with 'Stunning Fist'. Which of course nobody on these boards can tell, unless they own the book, as well.

As far as I can tell from what Razz has said it provides 1 effect from a single hit and if you hit more than once with a stunning fist in the same round it's another save vs. a greater effect. Without knowing the exact wording of the feat I can't say if it would work with a team up situation or has to be the same attacker delivering the stunning fists.

Edit: at worst this is simply something that's not as clear as it could be, it's certainly not an error if it works the way Razz has described it.
No, apparently you don't understand. Yes, according to the PHB you can only make 1 stunning fist attempt per round. However, is there a method which allows you to make more than one stunning fist? Why yes there is. Does paralysing fists work if you only make 1 stunning fist attempt in a round? I don't have the book but from what I've heard yes it does. Does this mean it must be prevented from having a greater effect if you are somehow able to make more than one stunning fist attempt? No. As I mentioned before, even if there was no current method for gaining more than one stunning fist attempt it's still good design to indicate what would happen if you could because in the future there might be a method, this is called making your material forward compatible. There is no assumption of you having CW or any other feat that allows more than one stunning fist attempt in a round, the feat works without that material, it is simply enhanced if you have that material (and take advantage of it). The only way I could see it being an error would be if it required that you make more than 1 stunning fist hit in the round to gain the effect in which case it should have rapid stunning as a prerequisite.

And again, you also haven't answered my question on if 2 drow with the feat could each deliver a single paralysing fist in the same round (I don't have the book)?

Again, the feat assumes nothing about CW, the feat works without it. There's no requirement of hitting more than once (just an increased effect) so rapid stunning should not be a prerequisite (which would then assume ownership of CW for that matter).

So you're telling me that the authors wrote the feat thinking,"Well, let's throw this one feat in here just in case someone has Complete Warrior."

Are you kidding me? WotC does not, and has not, produced material that required you to have material from a non-core book unless they specifically tell you and if it's obvious. Good example is throwing in 4 psionic powers in a book, you obviously need the psionics handbook.

I don't see "Please have access to Complete Warrior to use this feat" or "We may come out with future material allowing you to use this feat. Until then, just stare at the feat until such an ability comes along in your game."

And you're presumptious on the feat's wording. You have to strike the opponent with two stunning fists in the same round. It doesn't say if the opponent is strike twice from different stunning attacks. Maybe it's implied, but when I get home in about half an hour I will write out verbatim the whole feat for everyone to see and we'll continue from there.
Here it is, what we've all been waiting for:

Page 51, Drow of the Underdark

PARALYZING FISTS
You can make multiple unarmed attacks to paralyze an opponent in a single round.
Prerequisite: Wis 15, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist
Benefit: When two or more of your Stunning Fist attacks succeed in stunning a single foe in the same round, that creature must make another Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wisdom modifier +1 for each successful Stunning Fist attack). On a failure, that creature is paralyzed for 1d2 rounds instead of being stunned for 1 round. Creatures that are not subject to extra damage from critical hits and creatures that are immune to stunning cannot be paralyzed in this manner.
Special: A fighter can select Paralyzing Fists as a fighter bonus feat.

Boo yah! Take that! :P
I concede. ;)

However, I will point out that your first post doesn't say you have to strike twice in one round; it says if you strike twice in one round it has more severe consequences.

And, that said, I still don't think the errata should add Rapid Stunning as a pre-req, because then this feat sucks badly for somebody who gains a similar effect - through a prestige class, for example. Instead, the errata should (in my opinion), reprint Rapid Stunning and say it was intended to be included but left out by accident.

John Ling

I concede. ;)

However, I will point out that your first post doesn't say you have to strike twice in one round; it says if you strike twice in one round it has more severe consequences.

And, that said, I still don't think the errata should add Rapid Stunning as a pre-req, because then this feat sucks badly for somebody who gains a similar effect - through a prestige class, for example. Instead, the errata should (in my opinion), reprint Rapid Stunning and say it was intended to be included but left out by accident.

I agree.

Also, this feat would've made sense if there were a PrC in the book that had such an ability. But there isn't.
Also, this feat would've made sense if there were a PrC in the book that had such an ability.

I had that thought, actually - that would make some sense, too.

Anyway, leaving it open ended but reprinting Rapid Stunning keeps the feat more flexible.

John Ling

Wow, Razz I completely concede that you were right about this feat but if you had have taken the time really listen to what I, and others who disagreed with you (who freely admitted to not having access to the book) were saying we could've avoided all this as it was a simple misunderstanding regarding the way you'd paraphrased the feat.

All of my discussion (and presumably Zherog's) was on the assumption that there was an effect from the feat and then a greater effect if you hit more than once. Read back on my comments, it was all talking about it being good open design because the feat scales if you hit more than once. The fact that the feat has no effect if you don't hit more than once was not clear in your initial post and that's what caused the confusion.

I'd agree that there should be the prerequisite of rapid stunning or at least some note that normally you can only deliver 1 stunning fist attack per round or something that indicates how you're expected to use this feat at all.
I had that thought, actually - that would make some sense, too.

Anyway, leaving it open ended but reprinting Rapid Stunning keeps the feat more flexible.

My other thought was maybe it's intended to allow you to make a follow-up stunning fist attempt if you succeed with the first, it's totally not worded that way but maybe that's how they meant it to work. As is it's pretty bizarre.
Wow, Razz I completely concede that you were right about this feat but if you had have taken the time really listen to what I, and others who disagreed with you (who freely admitted to not having access to the book) were saying we could've avoided all this as it was a simple misunderstanding regarding the way you'd paraphrased the feat.

All of my discussion (and presumably Zherog's) was on the assumption that there was an effect from the feat and then a greater effect if you hit more than once. Read back on my comments, it was all talking about it being good open design because the feat scales if you hit more than once. The fact that the feat has no effect if you don't hit more than once was not clear in your initial post and that's what caused the confusion.

I'd agree that there should be the prerequisite of rapid stunning or at least some note that normally you can only deliver 1 stunning fist attack per round or something that indicates how you're expected to use this feat at all.

I apologize for my posts getting more sarcastic and tense, then, because you're right. It was a big misunderstanding because I thought you were, in some strange way, defending WotC's infamous error-laden text in yet another WotC product of theirs LOL

So yeah, now that you guys know what I meant (and now that I know what you meant) sorry if things got out of hand and now we can see why WotC needs to be more careful with what they create. You'd figure the authors possessed encyclopedic knowledge on their D&D books, I know I do.
While doing the revision for the German DnD-Gate, I noted a few things, mostly with the sample NPCs for the PrC.

Cavestalker requires 8 ranks in Survival, so the Gaelimor, the sample ranger 4/x cannot manage that.

Regarding the eldritch blast, it seems unusual that they do not increase the blast scores, as the description of the warlock in CArc essentially says that CL-increase in warlock-PrC also increase the eldritch blast power. Wouldn't have changed that. BTW, the PrC looks a bit alike the Demonolist in Plot & Poison.

Eye of Lolth-NPC ... is only barely, as in: BARELY, possible to reach the requirements skillwise.
After owning the book for about five months I'm finally getting around to reading (and correcting) the thing. Here is the errata I've found so far. Some of it likely duplicates things that others have already found.

pg. 47 - Blend into Shadows - Does this feat count as a spell-like ability since it requires you to expend a use of a spell-like ability to activate? If so, what is the effective spell-level?

pg. 50 - Fade into Darkness - Does this feat count as a spell-like ability since it requires you to expend a use of a spell-like ability to activate? If so, what is the effective spell-level?

pg. 50 - Gift of the Spider Queen - The Blinding Vanish option does not provide a level for the spell-like ability. If the save DC is correct then it is the equivalent of a 4th-level spell.

pg. 51 - Master of Poisons - I seem to recall a designer interview in which it was claimed that feats should not duplicate racial or class abilities. The Master of Poisons feat grants the benefit of the Poison Use class feature (used by Ninja and others) and does so with no prerequisites whatsoever.

pg. 51 - Paralyzing Fists - It is normally not possible to use Stunning Fist more than once per round. (I've noted that this has already been covered extensively).

pg. 51 - Radiant Flicker - Does this feat count as a spell-like ability since it requires you to expend a use of a spell-like ability to activate? If so, what is the effective spell-level?

pg. 52 - Spider Companion - The feat indicates that the creature gains "all the benefits normally granted to animal companions." The Animal Companion sidebar on page 36 of the Player's Handbook indicates that animal companions gain bonus tricks; does this apply to vermin despite the fact that they are normally incapable of learning tricks? The PHB also indicates that animal companions can be pushed as a move action; does this apply to vermin despite the fact that page 46 of this book indicates that they cannot be pushed? The PHB also indicates that the animal companions of sufficiently advanced Druids gain a +4 morale bonus to Will saves versus enchantment spells and effects; aren't vermin already immune to such effects because they are mindless?

pg. 52 - Umbral Spell - The feat indicates that it applies to burst-, emanation-, and spread-shaped spells before giving Lightning Bolt as an example. The Lightning Bolt spell is not listed as being a burst, emanation, or spread.

pg. 53 - Verminfriend - Although not actually an error, the feat is constructed in such a way that only one vermin can be effected each round. It would have worked better if the feat required a saving throw by the vermin instead of a Charisma check by the character.

pg. 54 - Gloom Strike - Since the feat creates an "aura of magical darkness" is it considered to be a spell-like ability or a supernatural ability? If it is a spell-like ability then what is the effective spell-level?

pg. 55 - Vow of the Spider Queen - Shouldn't the benefit involving an alternate use for rebuke undead attempts be labeled as a supernatural ability?

pg. 56 - Aleval School - Shouldn't this be listed as both a [STYLE] feat and an [AMBUSH] feat?

pg. 57 - Tormtor School - Since the ranged javelin attack is made as a swift action would it provoke Attacks of Opportunity? The description of swift actions states that spells and powers requiring swift actions do not provoke Attacks of Opportunity but doesn't mention other abilities.

pg. 61 - Bebilith Blessing - The spell grants the recipient two claw atacks in addition to any claw attacks that it already has. The spell also allows you to sunder objects with your claw attacks as if you had the Improved Sunder feat. Does this effect extend to any claws that you already have or does it only appply to the claws granted by the spell?

pg. 61 - Dominate Vermin - I find it odd that a 'Dominate' spell is a Transmutation rather than an Enchantment but understand that since vermin are immune to mind-affecting abilities that this makes sense. Unfortunately, the wording of the spell leads to many questions that are unanswered. The text indicates that "you invest your psyche into a single vermin" and grant it "your intelligence." Does this indicate that while affected by the spell the vermin becomes vulnerable to mind-affecting abilities? The text also indicates that "you can direct it with simple commands." If it has your intellect then why is it limited to simple commands? Unless you have an IQ of 3 something that has your intelligence should be capable of actions as intricate as those that you yourself are capable of performing. Finally, the text indicates that "if the vermin is slain, your mind is forced out of the creature violently." If your mind is inside the creature during the duration of the spell then is your physical body cabable of actions while the spell is active? Can you see through the vermin's eyes? I think that the spell would work better if it were renamed "Control Vermin" and if the text indicated that the transmutation simply forces it to move and act at your whim as if it were some sort of remote control puppet.

pg. 63 - Spider Form - Is the spell only supposed to grant the same 5 temporary hit points as Spider Form, Lesser?

pg. 63 - Spider Form, Greater - Is the spell only supposed to grant the same 5 temporary hit points as Spider Form, Lesser?

pg. 63 - Yochlol Blessing - While not an error I do have a question. This spell temporarily grants the shapechanger subtype. If you cast it on a party member who has been transformed into a harmless creature via Baleful Polymorph and they use it to resume their natural form, what happens when the duration of Yochlol Blessing ends? Will the character change back into an animal or will he retain his normal form? Similarly, will resuming his natural form end Yochlol Blessing since his natural form does not have the tentacles granted by the Yochlol Blessing?

pg. 63 - Spider-Shape - Are the fiendish abilities of the spider based upon your HD or those of the spider?

pg. 63 - Sudden Swarm - Isn't adding your Warlock level to the poison DC of the swarm a bit extreme? That would start the DC at 17 and it would hit 31 at 20th level.

pg. 65 - Spellcasting - The fourth line of the entry indicates that you gain levels in a "spellcasting class" while the seventh line indicates that it is an "arcane spellcasting class." Table 3-2 on the next page indicates "existing spellcasting class". Since two of the three entries don't specify arcane spellcasting I assume that divine casters can benefit from the spellcasting progression.

pg. 65 - Handle Spiders - This class feature is useless unless that character takes the Vermin Trainer feat (which is not a requirement to enter the prestige class) or has taken levels in the Vermin Keeper prestige class from Underdark.

pg. 65 - Spider Domain - The entry's handling of Domain spells for those without levels of Cleric differs from the rules for handling such things presented on page 20 of Complete Divine. Do these rules supercede those from Complete Divine?

pg. 68 - Derzen Vrinn -
The character's tremorsense entry should note that it requires a swift action to activate, can be used 5/day and lasts for 5 rounds.
The character has Kuo-Toan as a starting language despite the fact that it is not listed as a bonus language on page 36. Since it was listed as a bonus language in the Monster Manual you can either assume that it was accidentally left off of page 36 or that it was purposefully removed but that the example character did not take the change into account.
The character's number of starting languages assumes that he began at 1st level with an 18 Intelligence. Indications are that the character's Intelligence did not reach 18 until 8th level. Remove one language (preferrably Kuo-Toan).
The character is short 2 hp. The writer seems to have given the NPC average hp at 1st level, calculated hp totals for both the base class and the prestige class seperately, and then rounded both totals down before combining them.
The character's saving throw line should list a conditional +3 modifier for saving throws versus spiderkind poison due to the Spider Box in the character's Combat Gear (only 3 of the 4 points count sincethe bonus is of the same type as that granted by the cloak of resistance).
Although the character's ranks in Knowledge (Religion) don't technically provide a +2 synergy to his ability to rebuke vermin you may wish to add the bonus anyway as it fits thematically for a worshiper of Lolth.
Reduce the character's caster level from 9th to 8th.
Why does the character know the Polymorph spell? Isn't WotC avoiding the spell in NPCs because of the polymorph errata?
The character cannot cast Dispel Magic because Abjuration is one of his prohibited schools.
The character's ability scores start out beyond the 25 point Elite Array no matter how you assign the 4th and 8th level stat increases.
The character's SQ should indicate his ability to sense hidden doors when passing within 5 feet.
The character's Spellcraft entry should note the +2 bonus to learn Transmutation spells.
The character's skill block only adds up if you assume both that his Intelligence score was increased to 18 at 8th level and that a few skill points were wastefully used cross-class. If you want the skills to be used more effectively then eliminate Intimidate and reduce Listen by 1 point so that you can increase Knowledge (Nature) by 7 points (Which results in a +2 synergy to Survival checks made in aboveground natural environments). I recommend this because it seems absurd that a character whose prestige class is all about an obsession with spiders has only the minimum ranks in the appropriate knowledge skill necessary to enter the prestige class.
I've got some more errata. It seems to me that somebody at WotC went absolutely nuts with commas while working on this book. I have never before seen so many extraneous commas in a published book.

pg. 69 - Advanced Spelunker - Although not an outright error, the class feature grants a bonus to Escape Artist skill checks but Escape Artist is not a class skill for a Cavestalker. Since Escape Artist is a useful skill for squeezing through tight areas I suggest that the skill be added to the list of class skills.

pg. 69 - Hide of Stone - The wording of this class feature is different from the wording of similar natural armor granting class features from other prestige classes. This version does not indicate that it can improve upon an existing natural armor bonus. This implies that if you already have natural armor from a different source the two will not stack.

pg. 69 - Exotic Combat Style - The last line of the entry implies that wearing medium or heavy armor causes you to temporarily forget how to use a spiked chain or hand crossbow. While I suppose that the character may simply be unfamiliar with wielding them while so encumbered I still find the restriction to be a bit odd.

pg. 70 - Improved Exotic Combat Style - How exactly do you use the Manyshot feat to fire several bolts from a crossbow at the same time?

pg. 70 - Void in Space - The first sentence of the entry indicates that it affects your scent. Does this mean that the class feature prevents creatures with the Scent special quality from locating which space you occupy?

pg. 70 - Master Spelunker - This supernatural class feature allows you to use a Meld Into Stone ability. What is the duration of the effect?

pg. 71 - Gaelimor Zyrshaen -
As a 4th level Ranger the character cannot meet the Survival skill prerequisite for the prestige class.
The character's Initiative bonus should be +8.
The character's touch AC is 2 points too high because it includes his natural armor bonus.
The character's AC should include a breakdown of where his AC bonuses come from (+4 Dex, +7 armor, +2 natural).
The character's AC line should possibly note that his normal and flat-footed AC is 2 points lower in areas in which the drowcraft property of his armor does not function.
The character's AC line should probably note that his expert spelunker prestige class ability can affect his AC.
The character is short 2 hp.
The character's speed entry should likely note his Expert Spelunker class feature.
The character's spiked chain melee attacks are all 2 points too low (+11 base, +4 Dex, +3 weapon properties, -2 two-weapon fighting).
The character's attack options entry doesn't note the effects of the poison that is on his crossbow.
The character's SQ should indicate his ability to sense hidden doors when passing within 5 feet.
The character's wild empathy SQ should note that it applies to vermin due to the underdark affinity SQ.
The character's monstrous spider animal companion is not detailed.
The character should not actually have the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (hand crossbow) bonus feat. He has the ability to use the hand crossbow due to his race rather than an actual feat.
The character's Vermin Trainer bonus feat should be replaced with the Track bonus feat (especially since the Track feat is a prerequisite for the character's prestige class and that the character has no ranks in the Handle Animal skill which would be necessary as a Vermin Trainer).
The character's skills should note which ones receive his circumstance bonus from his elf favored enemy.
The character's +2 circumstance bonus to balance, climb, escape artist, hide, and jump checks should note that they operate in natural underground environments rather than simply underground environments.
The character's Knowledge (Nature) skill should note that it is a default and thus cannot be used to learn anything with a DC higher than 10.
The character has 4 skill points too many if you count Escape Artist as a cross-class skill. Add Escape Artist to the list of skills for his prestige class and consider his skills to be otherwise okay.
One question: is the demonbinder really supposed not to improve your eldritch blast?

Sadly, it does seem as if the Demonbinder does not get an increase to eldritch blasts.

Page 18 of Complete Arcane specifically indicates that classes that grant "+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class" or "+1 level of existing spellcasting class" grant an increase to eldritch blast. The Demonbinder instead has an Invocations Known entry that states "+1 level of existing class". Since this entry does not match either of the two examples the Prestige Class does not grant an increase to eldritch blast.

This is further supported by the last paragraph of the Advancement entry on page 74. It states outright that Demonbinders do not improve their eldritch blast.
Here is the errata for the Demonbinder. Aside from the outright errors I have to say that the lack of direct limits on the character's Demonbind class feature is potentially unbalancing. It is theoretically possible for a character with only one level in the class to channel a Marilith or Balor.

pg. 73 - The first sentence on the page indicates that being targeted by certain spells while under the effects of the Demonbind class feature ends the Demonbind but does not indicate whether this effect replaces the standard effect of the spell or if it is in addition to the standard effect. Furthermore, the listed spells can normally only be targeted upon extraplanar creatures. Does the Demonbind effect allow the character to be targeted as if he were an extraplanar creature or does this effect only matter when the user is on another plane of existance and thus a valid target for the spells.

pg. 73 - Succubus Demonbind - Why does the Demonbind grant the benefit of a tongues spell when all demonbinds already grant telepathy?

pg. 75 - Olarae Quavein -
The character has Kuo-Toan as a starting language despite the fact that it is not listed as a bonus language on page 36. Since it was listed as a bonus language in the Monster Manual you can either assume that it was accidentally left off of page 36 or that it was purposefully removed but that the example character did not take the change into account.
The character's AC line lists her armor bonus as +4. The number should be +5. Her calculated AC is correct.
The character is short 3 hp. The writer gave her average hp at first level instead of maximum hp.
The character's Immune entry should indicate that she is immune to webs due to her 24 hour duration spiderwalk invocation.
The character's speed entry should indicate her ability to scale walls due to her 24 hour duration spiderwalk invocation.
The character should probably have a ranged attack entry for her eldritch blast.
The character's frightful blast and sickening blast invocations should have their saving throw DC's increased by two points because of her Ability Focus (eldritch blast) feat.
The character's detect magic spell-like ability should only have a caster level of 5th.
The character's SQ should indicate her ability to sense hidden doors when passing within 5 feet.
The character's Spellcasting skill should be renamed Spellcraft.
The character's chasuble of fell power should indicate that it is a lesser chasuble.
A short bit of errata for the Dark Sniper. I was impressed that they managed to account for the character's speed bonus to Jump checks and that they remembered his racial ability to notice hidden doors.

pg. 75 - Dark Sniper -
The character's AC entry should note his conditional Skirmish bonus.
The character is not proficient with the longbow. Change his weapon to a shortbow.
The character's SQ should not indicate poison use (unless he is substituting poison use for trapfinding in the manner of a Drow Rogue using the Rogue Alternate Class Feature, in which case he should not have the trapfinding ability).
The character's Skill list should include Survival due to his conditional synergy from the Search skill.
pg. 77 - Team Maneuverability - Does the character with this class feature also benefit from the +2 competence bonus that he grants to nearby allies? If not, it seems odd that up until 4th level the character grants a larger bonus to Climb and Jump checks then he receives.

pg. 78 - Shalzad Raelnan -
The character would have been more effective had he been given the Hit-and-Run Tactics alternative class feature from page 58.
The character's uncanny dodge class feature should be listed on his AC line.
The character's trapsense bonus should be listed on both his AC and Saving Throw lines.
The character is short 3 hp. The writer seems to have given the NPC average hp at 1st level, calculated hp totals for both core classes seperately, and then rounded both totals down before combining them with the prestige class hp total.
The character's Melee and Ranged attacks are 2 points too high while their damage bonuses are 2 points too low. It seems that the writer added the benefit from the Lolth's Whispers class feature in the wrong place.
The 'plus entangle' note for the Ranged attack makes it seem as if the entangle effect applies to every attack rather than only to critical hits.
The character's Base Atk and Grapple numbers are each 1 point too high.
The character has one too many bonus feats. I'd delete Shadowborn Warrior from both the feat and Atk Options sections (since the benefits haven't been factored into his initiative or AC) and remove the bonus designation from Clever Opportunist.
The character's skill points only add up if you assume that he either does get a +2 competence bonus on Climb and Jump checks from his Team Maneuverability class feature or that he gained through the same class feature an insight bonus to those skills equal to his total levels in the prestige class rather than half his levels in the prestige class.

pg. 78 - Lolth's Sting -
The character's AC is wrong. Ninja do not gain proficinecy with any armor. Furthermore, a ninja who wears armor looses their Wisdom bonus to AC. Replace the character's +1 leather armor with the similarly priced Bracers of Defense +1, lower her armor bonus to AC from +3 to +1, and lower both her normal and her flat-footed AC by 2 points.
The character has 1 hp too many. The writer rounded up instead of down.
The Special Actions entry can be deleted as there are no such actions listed.
The character's SQ should indicate her ability to sense hidden doors when passing within 5 feet.
The character's Balance modifier (+5) should be listed because of her synergy from Tumble.
Although the character's Skills add up correctly, I'd increase her Jump modifier by 2 points due to a house rule of mine. I always found it to be odd that speed modifiers to Jump checks occur in 10 foot increments while speed is measured in 5 foot increments. I just halve the appropriate modifier and apply it in 5 foot incremements.
The character's Ki Power entry should not mention ki dodge as she is not of high enough level to gain that class feature.

pg. 81 - Aura of Truth - Is this class feature always on or does it have to be activated? If it needs to be activated then what sort of action is required to activate it? If it is always on then what prevents people who are walking by a hidden Eye of Lolth from noticing that they are suddenly unable to lie and thus realizing that something odd is happening?

pg. 83 - Xune Argith -
The character's Initiative modifier should probably note that she rolls initiative twice because of her ring of anticipation.
The character's AC line should list Cautious Attack next to Dodge.
The character's AC line should list her trap sense bonus.
The character's Saving Throw line should list her trap sense bonus.
The character's blindsense should be limited to 20 feet.
The character has 1 hp too many. The writer rounded up.
The character's melee touch attack for her darkfire spell is listed as +7. Do touch attacks benefit from the Weapon Finesse feat? If so then the attack should be made at +13.
I believe that the teamwork observation class feature should probably be listed as an attack option rather than a SQ.
I assume that the character's Hide modifier is so high because the 3/day +10 bonus from her Assassin's Cloak has been added to her total modifier rather than listed as a conditional modifier.
The character's Skills block should list Survival because of her conditional Search synergy.
The character's Listen and Spot modifiers are 2 points beyond the maximum number of ranks for a 12th level character. Reduce each of them by 2.
Even after accounting for the problems with the Hide, Listen, and Spot skills, the character still has 5 skill points too many. I'd lower her Intimidate skill by 5.
The character's possessions do not include the 50 gp worth of diamond dust necessary to cast her nondetection spell.
pg. 84 - Claws of Influence - This class feature should probably indicate that it is a mind-affecting ability.

pg. 84 - Swift Enchantment - This class feature allows you to take an immediate action to cast a spell as a swift action, but taking an immediate action takes the place of your swift action for the next round. The class feature should probably state that you can release somebody from the effects of your claws of influence class feature as a free action in order to cast an enchantment as a swift action. The class feature should also probably note that the enchantment spell must be cast before the end of your round.

pg. 84 - Irresistable Charm - There are several things wrong with this class feature. The first is that it provides no duration during which the effect must be used; a character could release a subject from their claws of influence upon awakening in the morning and use the benefit hours later. The second problem is that it requires a swift action to release a subject when it should probably only require a free action. The final problem is that the benefit is horrifyingly unbalanced. Being able to boost save DC's by your Charisma modifier when Charisma is likely to be your primary spellcasting attribute is absurd. A Sorcerer PC with an ECL of 17 could have an effective Charisma score of 35 (18 base + 2 racial bonus + 4 ability boosts + 5 inherent + 6 enhancement). Add Spell Focus (enchantment) and Greater Spell Focus (enchantment) and the character will be able to cast 6th level enchantment (charm) spells with a DC of 42.

pg. 85 - Irresistable Compulsion - There are several things wrong with this class feature. The first is that it provides no duration during which the effect must be used; a character could release a subject from their claws of influence upon awakening in the morning and use the benefit hours later. The second problem is that it requires a swift action to release a subject when it should probably only require a free action. The final problem is that the benefit is horrifyingly unbalanced. Being able to boost save DC's by your Charisma modifier when Charisma is likely to be your primary spellcasting attribute is absurd. A Sorcerer PC with an ECL of 20 could have an effective Charisma score of 35 (18 base + 2 racial bonus + 4 ability boosts + 5 inherent + 6 enhancement). Add Spell Focus (enchantment) and Greater Spell Focus (enchantment) and the character will be able to cast 7th level enchantment (compulsion) spells with a DC of 43.

pg. 86 - Belgos Xarann -
The character is short 2 hp. The writer gave the character average hp at first level.
The character's Melee attack and damage entries are one point too low.
The character's diminish senses Special Action should be renamed manipulate senses and should have the save DC deleted.
I have no idea where the character's metamagic specialist Special Action came from.
The character is short one 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level spell slot.
The character knows one too many 1st level spells.
The ranged touch attacks for the character's sting ray and acid slpash spells sshould be made at +12 instead of +13.
The acid storm spell should be indicated as coming from the Spell Compendium.
The character has 3 skill points too many (assuming that the writer put the minimum possible number of points into cross-class skills).
Here is the errata for the last NPC from Chapter 3.

pg. 87 - Entry Requirements - A character using the Unearthed Arcana rules for Flaws could theoretically enter this prestige class after taking only three class levels. Was this intentional? Looking over the class abilities I cannot find anything that is too overpowered for a character to take two levels early.

pg. 90 - Dak Falshae -
The character's Initiative modifier should include a (+13) to account for his Surge of Hate ability.
The character's flat-footed AC should be +21 because of his uncanny dodge class feature.
The character is short 4 hp.
The character's Diehard feat should be noted with his hp entry.
The character's Saving Throw entry should note his Endurance feat modifier to certain Fortitude saves.
The character's SR entry should note his deny elf magic class feature.
The character's rage Attack Option should indicate a duration.
The character's smite elves Attack Option should list the bonus granted by the ability for ease of reference.
I have no idea where the character gained the burning faerie fire Special Action.
The character's Abilities section should indicate the benefit that his Endurance feat has for certain Constitution checks.
The SA entry beneath the character's Abilities entry is not necessary and can be deleted.
The character's trapfinding SQ should be moved to his unenraged section since he probably cannot use this ability while enraged. His trackless step and wild empathy SQ may have the same limitation.
One of the character's ability scores should be increased by 1 point due his 12th level ability increase.
The character should not receive a bonus to Survival checks to follow tracks because he does not have enough ranks in Search for the synergy bonus.
The character's Skill block should denote which skills receive the benefit of his favored enemy bonus versus elves.
The character's Skill block should provide a Swim modifier and a notation to indicate that his Endurance feat provides a situational bonus.
The character is either short 4 skill points or he put some points into one or more cross-class skills. Assume that he purchased 4 of his ranks in Bluff as a cross-class skill.
The character's Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Hide, Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (nature), Move Silently, Search, and Tumble skills should be moved to his unenraged section since he cannot use any of these skills while enraged.
The character's unenraged touch AC should be increased to +17.
The character's unenraged flat-footed AC should be +23.
A Sorcerer PC with an ECL of 17 could have an effective Charisma modifier of 35 (18 base + 2 racial bonus + 4 ability boosts + 5 inherent + 6 enhancement). Add Spell Focus (enchantment) and Greater Spell Focus (enchantment) and the character will be able to cast 6th level enchantment (charm) spells with a DC of 42.

Errata to the errata. Your example sorcerer has a Charisma of 35, but a Charisma bonus of 12. In the end, your math for the DC is correct; I'm just picking nits over "Charisma modifier of 35" phrase. The same phrasing appears in Irresistible Compulsion.

John Ling

I've started looking for errata in the next chapter.

pg. 93 - Spelunker's Oil - There is no duration provided for the effect of the item.

pg. 94 - Table 4-3: Psychotropic Rot - The secondary damage is listed as 3d18 hp. I do not own any 18 sided dice and do not know where to buy any.

pg. 94 - Table 4-3: Underdark Blight - Does this poison only affect innate spell resistance or will it affect spell resistance granted by spells or items (I assume that it only works on innate spell resistance)?

pg. 94 - The Calling - The wording suggests that a spider swarm is only created if both saving throws fail.

pg. 94 - Table 4-4: Creeping Nullsurge - Does this poison only affect innate spell resistance or will it affect spell resistance granted by spells or items (I assume that it only works on innate spell resistance)?
Errata to the errata. Your example sorcerer has a Charisma of 35, but a Charisma bonus of 12. In the end, your math for the DC is correct; I'm just picking nits over "Charisma modifier of 35" phrase. The same phrasing appears in Irresistible Compulsion.

So you're saying that I should have listed the actual bonus rather than just skipping ahead to the final calculation?

I suppose that I should have followed my middle school math teacher's advice to "show your work." :D
I'm saying the hypothetical character's Charisma modifier is +12, and perhaps you could make it slightly more clear by applying labels and such in a more consistent manner. That's all.

John Ling

I'm saying the hypothetical character's Charisma modifier is +12, and perhaps you could make it slightly more clear by applying labels and such in a more consistent manner. That's all.

I see the problem now and have edited the original post. Thanks.
Magic Item Errata:

pg. 96 - Spiderkissed - The school of magic should change from transmutation to conjuration.

pg. 96 - Toxic - The school of magic should change from transmutation to necromancy.

pg. 97 - Fearsome - Given that the aura is listed as necromancy, the Prerequisite entry should probably include the cause fear spell.

pg. 97 - Spider Boon - Either the Caster Level should increase to 10th or 11th or the DC should decrease to 19.

pg. 97 - Spider Boon - The Activation should change from Swift (command) to --**- and Swift (command); see text.

pg. 97 - Spider Boon - The school of magic should change from transmutation to abjuration.

pg. 98 - Bracers of Murder - Change the Cost to Create from 200 xp to 320 xp.

pg. 99 - Drow House Insignia (Spell) - Change the Cost to Create the 3rd level spell from 382 xp to 328 xp.

pg. 99 - Excruciating Ring - Change the Cost to Create from 160 xp to 320 xp.

pg. 100 - Gloom Mask - Does the Widen Spell effect also require a Standard (command) action to use or should the Activation entry be changed to Standard (command) and ---?

pg. 100 - Gloom Mask - The Prerequisite feat should probably be changed from Craft Magic Arms and Armor to Craft Wondrous Item.

pg. 100 Ring of Anticipation - The school of magic should change from divination to transmutation.

pg. 102 - Flaying Rod - Either the Caster Level should decrease to 4th or 5th or the DC should increase to 18.

pg. 102 - Flaying Rod - The school of magic should change from necromancy, transmutation to necromancy.

pg. 103 - Rod of the Matriarch - The Price of the item should increase by 305 gp to account for the cost of the masterwork light mace. This price increase may increase the item's level from 14th to 15th, depending on how you're calculating the item level.

pg. 103 - Rod of the Matriarch - The Cost to Create indicates that the masterwork light mace costs 312 gp. This is actually the cost of a masterwork heavy mace. A masterwork light mace actually costs 305 gp.

pg. 103 - Rod of the Matriarch - The school of magic should change from abjuration, divination to divination.

pg. 103 - Cloak of the Consort - Does the penalty to saving throws made against the spells and spell-like effects of female drow simply negate the resistance bonus that the cloak grants?
I'm now starting errata on the monsters.

pg. 106 - Adamantine Spider -
The construct should be noted as possessing low-light vision.
The construct's Wisdom attribute should probably change from 1 to 10 as its Will save, Listen, and Spot modifiers all seem to assume a Wisdom of 10.
The construct's Reactive Web ability should note that the save DC is apparently Dexterity based.
Here is the next batch. The Chwidencha is fine (yay, first correct stat block in the book!).

pg. 110 - Draegloth -
While the creature's stat block checks out perfectly, I wonder why the writer dropped the Elven language and cut the energy resistances in half from the racial class entry in Champions of Ruin.

pg. 110 - Strategy and Tactics - Why would the creature cast Owl's Wisdom on itself when it already wears a Periapt of Wisdom +4.

pg. 111 - Favored One -
The creature's Initiative modifier should be +1.
The creature's touch AC should be decreased to 13.
The creature's +4 to saves versus spiderkind poison is unnecessary as it is already immune to poison.
The creature's first Melee entry should change the attack bonus on the flaying rod from +19/+12/+7/+2 to +20/+20/+15/+10 to account for the increased Strength (see below), the -2 penalty from an innapropriately sized weapon, the lack of a 4th iterative attack, and the addition of a bonus attack from the Speed quality of the weapon.
The creature's first Melee entry should change the damage bonus on the flaying rod from +12 to +17 to account for the increased Strength (see below) and the weapon's enhancement bonus.
The creature's first Melee entry should change the attack bonus on the bite from +16 to +19 to account for the increased Strength (see below).
The creature's first Melee entry should change the damage bonus on the bite from +4 to +5 to account for the increased Strength (see below).
The creature's second Melee entry should increase the attack bonus for the claw and bite attacks by 3 to account for the increased Strength (see below).
The creature's second Melee entry should change the damage bonus on the claw attacks from +8 to +11 to account for the increased Strength (see below).
The creature's second Melee entry should change the damage bonus on the bite from +4 to +5 to account for the increased Strength (see below).
The creature's Grapple modifier should be increased by 3 due to the increase to Strength (see below).
The touch attacks for the creature's bestow curse and contagion spells should be increased from +18 to +21 due to the increase to Strength (see below).
The creature is missing a 0-level spell.
The DC for the creature's cause fear and doom spells should be reduced from 17 to 16.
The cause fear and doom spells are not [Evil] spells and thus should not have their caster levels increased.
The creature's Strength attribute should be increased to 32 (14 base, +12 racial, +6 Lolth-touched template).
One of the creature's attributes should be increased by 1 to account for the level 12 increase (Wisdom and Charisma were increased at 4th & 8th levels).
The creature's Jump modifier should be increased by 3 to account for the increase to Strength (see above).
Assuming that the list of Draegloth racial skills from Champions of Ruin is correct and that every skill that the creature possesses is a racial skill, the creature is short 15 skill points. Either increase the creature's Knowledge (arcana) modifier by 6, Hide and Move Silently modifiers by 4, and Concentration modifier by 1, or increase the creature's Knowledge (arcana) modifier by 6 and grant it 9 ranks (total modifier +11) in Knowledge (the planes) since it is a Native Outsider Cleric and could probably use the skill.
pg. 111 - Overseer -
The creature's Initiative modifier should be +3.
The creature's AC should be reduced to 22.
The creature's touch AC should be increased to 12.
The creature's flat-footed AC should be increased to 22.
The creature's AC entry should note the trap sense bonus.
The creature is 8 hp short. The writer seems to have used the hp for the base creature (which only received average hp at 1st level), rounded every single Barbarian dice downwards, and adjusted for the new Constitution score.
The creature's Will saving throw (and situational save versus enchantments) is 1 point too high (+5 racial, +1 class, +0 Wisdom, +2 rage).
The creature's Saving Throw entry should note the trap sense bonus.
The creature's rage should only last 10 rounds.
One of the creature's attributes should be increased by 1 to account for the level 8 increase (Strength was increased at 4th level).
The creature's nonraging AC should be reduced to 24.
The creature's nonraging touch AC should be increased to 14.
The creature's flat-footed AC should be increased to 24.
The creature is 8 nonraging hp short.
The creature's nonraging Will saving throw is 1 point too high.
The creature's nonraging Will saving throw should list the racial bonus versus enchantments.
The creature's Concentration skill modifier is based on the raging Ability modifier. Reduce the Concentration modifier by 2 (to +14).
The creature's Listen modifier is 3 points higher than is possible for a 9 HD being. Since the character has too many skill points anyway, you should reduce the modifier by 6 (to +9) and make the same adjustment in both raging and nonraging stat blocks and on the Senses line.
Spot is a cross-class skill for Barbarians. Since the character has too many skill points anyway, you should delete the 3 cross-class ranks (new modifier +9) and make the same adjustment in both raging and nonraging stat blocks and on the Senses line.
The creature's skill modifiers only add up correctly if you make the previous three corrections (but do account for a size penalty to Hide checks, armor check penalties, and a speed bonus to Jump checks).

pg. 112 - Sample Encounters - The last entry in the section indicates that a CR 14 favored one and four CR 9 drow priestesses combine for an EL of 14. They'd actually have an EL of 15 or 16.

pg. 112 - Ecology - The second paragraph indicates that Draegloths do not require food or water. This is incorrect. Outsiders of the (Native) subtype require food.
I'm starting the Dragon entry. The dragon by age tables only seem to have 4 errors (although one of them involves a dragon that is short 100 hp).

pg. 115 - Deep Dragons by Age -
The Adult entry incorrectly lists the dragon's hp as 120 instead of 220.
The Great Wyrm entry incorrectly lists the dragon's Fortitude save as +30 instead of +29.
The Great Wyrm entry incorrectly lists the dragon's Reflex save as +22 instead of +21.
The Great Wyrm entry incorrectly lists the dragon's Will save as +28 instead of +27.
I'll preface this by saying you're highly efficient at cranking at this errata stuff, and I have complete confidence in your skill at it. I'll also add that I don't have the product.

The Great Wyrm entry incorrectly lists the dragon's Fortitude save as +30 instead of +29.
The Great Wyrm entry incorrectly lists the dragon's Reflex save as +22 instead of +21.
The Great Wyrm entry incorrectly lists the dragon's Will save as +28 instead of +27.

I'm curious if there's some item or something buried in the creature's stat block that gives it a +1 to saves. It's sort of odd that all three are one point too high.

John Ling

I'll preface this by saying you're highly efficient at cranking at this errata stuff, and I have complete confidence in your skill at it. I'll also add that I don't have the product.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. While I'll admit that I occasionally make mistakes, I've found as I've gone along that I'm making fewer while catching more subtle errors.

I'm curious if there's some item or something buried in the creature's stat block that gives it a +1 to saves. It's sort of odd that all three are one point too high.

There can't be. The errors aren't from a stat block. Dragon entries simply provide a pair of tables with relevant information for all of the age categories and essentially tell you to make your own damn stat block using that and the Monster Manual entry on True Dragon. The only thing that the table does is provide you with the base saves modified by their Ability scores. There are no other modifiers.
pg. 117 - Phazeuroth -
The creature has 100 hp too few (the writer simply took the incorrect entry from the table and copied it).
The creature's Melee attacks are all 10 points too low. Either increase them from +16, +15, and +14 to +26, +25, and +24, or assume that it is using Power Attack for 10 points and increase the damage from each attack by 10 points.
The creature's Knowledge (nature) skill modifier should note that it can only be used to make DC 10 checks since it has no ranks in the skill.
The creature should not possess a Spellcraft skill entry since Spellcraft can only be used by those with ranks in the skill and the creature has no ranks (only a synergy and Ability score bonus).
The creature's +8 racial bonus to Swim checks technically only applies to special actions and avoiding hazards. The entry should probably change from Swim +14 to Swim +6 (+14 involving special actions and avoiding hazards).
Because the creature has the Recover Breath feat, the Breath Weapon entry should indicate that it may be used "once every 1d4-1 (minimum 1) rounds."
The creature's Change Shape ability should note the altered movement rates for its serpentine form.

About a week or two ago, somebody from WotC wrote in the errata metathread a response to my observation that the official errata documents haven't included corrected stat blocks. He indicated that corrections to stat blocks were unnecessary because they didn't affect the game. Check the above bit of errata and ask yourself whether running into a CR 15 monster with 100 hp too few and a half dozen attacks at a -10 penalty will matter to your game. I cetainly hope that this creature isn't the big boss that your campaign has been leading up to, because your party will be quite disappointed when they defeat their archnemesis in half a round and without taking a single hit in return.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. While I'll admit that I occasionally make mistakes, I've found as I've gone along that I'm making fewer while catching more subtle errors.

Indeed. I do a lot of "stat block checking" for the freelance writers group I belong to. And you're exactly right - you get better at it as you do it, both by making fewer mistakes and by finding little things that might've slipped past previously.

There can't be. The errors aren't from a stat block. Dragon entries simply provide a pair of tables with relevant information for all of the age categories and essentially tell you to make your own damn stat block using that and the Monster Manual entry on True Dragon. The only thing that the table does is provide you with the base saves modified by their Ability scores. There are no other modifiers.

Interesting. It's odd that they're all wrong, and they're all wrong in the same way.

John Ling

Interesting. It's odd that they're all wrong, and they're all wrong in the same way.

Not too odd. Since Dragons get three good saves, all of the saves are the same before ability score modifiers. Either the Great Wyrm was 40 HD and got changed to 39 HD somewhere during the design process or somebody simply counted up in his head and wound up off by one (counting 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, etcetera through 39 HD is a bit tough).
pg. 119 - Szarkai Provocateur -
The creature has 1 hp too many (the writer rounded up).
The creature's detect thoughts and suggestion spells should have a save DC of 16.
The creature's shadow illusion spell-like ability should probably list the save DC in case somebody interacts with the illusion.
One of the creature's ability scores should be increased by 1 because of her 12th HD ability score increase (her 4th and 8th level increases went into Wisdom and Charisma).
The creature's SQ should indicate her ability to sense hidden doors when passing within 5 feet.
The creature has 1 rank too few in the Move Silently skill to qualify for the Shadowdancer prestige class. Shift one rank from Balance to Move Silently.
The creature has 7 skill points too many. It may be easiest to remove 5 ranks from Bluff and 2 ranks from Diplomacy.
I've now gotten the Goblinoid entries out ofthe way.

pg. 121 - Bugbear Overseer -
The creature has scent listed on the senses line. While the example Bugbear on page 29 of the Monster Manual has the scent ability, the Bugbears as Characters section on the same page does not mention gaining scent. Since this was never errataed, I have no idea if Bugbears are supposed to have scent.
The creature's language entry indicates that it speaks Drow. The Drow do not have their own language, they speak a combination of Elven and Undercommon. Since Bugbears receive Elven as a bonus language, this should replace the Drow entry.
The creature's Combat Expertise feat should be listed on the AC line.
The creature has 1 hp too many.
The creature's melee touch attack for the touch of fatigue spell should change from +8 to +10 (+6 base, + 4 strength).
The creature should have the familiar SQ.
The creature is short 1 skill point. Increase Climb, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, or Spot by 1.

pg. 121 Bugbear Stonejack -
I believe that the creature should be CR 4 instead of CR 5 (CR 2 Base, +1 CR non-associated expert levels, +1 CR non-associated warrior levels).
The creature has scent listed on the senses line. While the example Bugbear on page 29 of the Monster Manual has the scent ability, the Bugbears as Characters section on the same page does not mention gaining scent. Since this was never errataed, I have no idea if Bugbears are supposed to have scent.
The creature's AC and flat-footed AC should increase by 1 point.
The creature's armor bonus to AC should increase from +3 to +4.
The chreature's attack roll with the morningstar should be +10 instead of +9 (+5 base, +3 Strength, +1 mwk, +1 Weapon Focus).
The creature's damage entries for the morningstar and heavy pick seem to imply that it is using them with two hands even though they are one-handed weapons.
The creature is missing the skill ranks for 2 levels in Warrior. Give it 4 more ranks in Climb.

pg. 122 - Goblin Flesh-Herder -
The creature's speed should be 20 instead of 15 (30 base reduced to 20 by armor).
The creature's sling should only inflict 1d3 damage.
The creature should be able to command 2d6+7 levels worth of undead rather than 2d4+7.
The creature lacks the material components necessary to cast the desecrate spell.

pg. 126 - Vril as Characters - Are Vril unusually strong for their size? It looks like they've got the carrying capacity of medium creatures instead of the standard 3/4 carrying capacity that is normal for small creatures.
I've finished with the Husk Vermin. Only the first had an error, and that was a minor one. Of course, I do find it odd that being changed into ambulatory corpses somehow grants these former vermin the ability to use simple weapons.:D

pg. 127 - Huge Husk Scorpion -
The creature's Hide modifier should change from -1 to -5 (-8 size, -1 Dexterity, +4 racial bonus).
Next up, Kuo-toa:

pg. 131 - Whip -
The creature's Initiative modifier should be changed from +1 to +2.
The creature's swim speed is listed as 30, with a base swim speed of 40, whereas the Monster Manual entry provides a base swim speed of 50, which would result in an armored swim speed of 35. Could somebody with the Monster Manual V look up the various advanced Kuo-Toa and let me know if they're using a swim speed of 40 or 50?
The creature's smite nonaquatic creatures ability should be +5 to hit instead of +4 (based upon the Wisdom score of 20).
The rebuke water creatures Special Action should be listed as turn fire creatures/rebuke water creatures.
The rebuke water creatures Special Action should probably have a bonus of +2 instead of +4 since the synergy bonus from the Knowledge (religion) skill doesn't technically apply (although you could houserule that it applies for a Cleric of an aquatic diety).
The creature is short 1 first level spell (1 Domain, 4 regular, 2 bonus).
The creature's Charisma score should be changed from 14 to 12 (14 base, -2 racial).
The creature's Concentration skill modifier should note the situational bonus from Combat Casting.
The creature's +8 racial bonus to Swim checks technically only applies to special actions and avoiding hazards. The entry should probably change from Swim +6 to Swim -2 (+6 involving special actions and avoiding hazards).

pg. 132 - Monitor -
The creature's Paralyzing Fists feat is useless, as noted earlier in the errata.
The creature's +8 racial bonus to Swim checks technically only applies to special actions and avoiding hazards. The entry should probably change from Swim +10 to Swim +2 (+10 involving special actions and avoiding hazards).
Shouldn't the creature's Pincer Staff also inflict 1d6 cold damage each round that a grapple is maintained?
Sign In to post comments