Custom Magic Items for LotCS

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey all,

I run one of the 4 tables with Spykes in Oklahoma at Game Headquarters and I came up with some items that we've all been rewarding players with as they go through the Crystal Shard season. I figured I'd post them here since all the groups ended up using at least some of my items and the players seem to be enjoying them.

All items.pdf

Things to note:

• Our tables are currently running Legacy of the Crystal Shard at levels 4-6 over the course of the encounter season because almost all 20-25 of our players didn't want to do 1-3 for the third season in a row.
  • Items like Aldo's firebeads were designed with a specific player in mind but any caster could potentially use it
  • I tend to make my items more powerful than ones printed in the books. This is because items in books can be bought in stores while the items I make I usually give out over the course of a campagain and therefore rarer.
  • One flavor thing I did for the brooche was let the cleric using it "silver" his sacred flame so I treated it as a silver weapon when he casted it, but that was mostly a flavor thing since most things that are weak to silver are effected by magic the same.

Tell me what you all think

Thanks

I think the first one is really potent! The rest are pretty good. I like the Crag Cat Cloak and Survival Pack. I'm running 1-3 tables, but I'm considering making extremely low-level "flavor" items as treasure. The Crag Cat Cloak is low-powered enough it might work. Thanks!

AlHazred wrote:

I think the first one is really potent! The rest are pretty good. I like the Crag Cat Cloak and Survival Pack. I'm running 1-3 tables, but I'm considering making extremely low-level "flavor" items as treasure. The Crag Cat Cloak is low-powered enough it might work. Thanks!

yeah, those are the two I liked and used as well.

nice job Shoopful.

AlHazred wrote:

Yeah for the beads I was really going for something around very rare area. The others are uncommon, maybe rare depending on what your talking about. I'm suprised that you weren't looking at the yeti goggles considering you were looking for low-level "flavor" items and you were thinking about using the Crag Cat Cloak. Honestly that cloak is probably one of the more powerful items out of the bunch since most of its features are going to be useful all season long. The resistance to ice damage is espically going to be effective in this season while things like the protection from blindness the goggles give you are more situational and therefore less powerful.

I'm glad to see you using my items though like some of the other dm's at our shop and I'll probably end up posting some more at a later date.

Thanks

Sign In to post comments