Murder in Baldur’s Gate – Report Card

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

Now that the season's over let's take a look at what we liked, disliked, and might have done differently.

Check out the D&D Encounters: Murder in Baldur’s Gate – Report Card at Dungeon's Master for our thoughts.

Also listen to the Recounting Encounters Final Report podcast.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

On the whole, I agree with your pros and cons list, along with your conclusion. The one thing I'd add is that there are a few exclusives. The Launch Weekend came with the poster map of BG/a portion of the Wide. The people who bought the module in-store did not receive the NPC cards; I was extremely pleased that they included ten more in the Legacy of the Crystal Shard materials, because I think these are easily-reusable DM props that can add to the game. Finally, there were the exclusive dice that players got; the DM generally gets to keep the extras, though since we had a lot of one-time players the bag got a little light.

I think LotCS will go better. It's got more combat and fewer morally-ambiguous-groups-you're-somehow-supposed-to-work-with.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Kalani's Homebrew and Original Content | General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

"D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger." -- TiaNadiezja