Week 7 - Field Report

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

Field report for D&D Encounters: Murder in Baldur’s Gate (Week 7) now available at Dungeon's Master.com.

I really enjoyed the dueling this week. I used active defenses which really made it more exciting and the players loved it. Unfortunately for the rest of the session we felt like we were just going through the motions as we tried to hit all the required story points.

The adventure is written in a way that it’s supposed to allow the PCs to help or hinder each of the three factions every week. However, it’s been challenging trying to work in opportunities for the PCs to help the other two factions. By this point in the story they really don’t have any good reason to help any of the others, and I suspect they’ll dump their allegiance with the Flaming Fist soon enough.

We discuss the ups and downs, what worked and what didn’t in this week’s Recounting Encounters Podcast (also available through iTunes).

Visit the Dungeon’s Master D&D Encounters Archive for all of our ongoing weekly coverage as well as actual play podcasts and pre-generated characters for both 4e and D&D Next.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

Our session 7 write-up.

We had our two tables as usual at Tabletop Tyrants this week and my group have now caught up with extra events from Stages 4 and 5 with the beginning of Stage 6 thrown in for good measure.

We came up with the time difference bit to allow the Sanitation Strike to have more of an effect with having a few days to build up. The players bought into it so I think we got away with it.

With the death of our lawful good halfling cleric, my group seem to have decided to ignore helping Ravengard any further and focus on Rael and the Guild. Perhaps the realisation of the changed evidence will show them that even the Robin-Hood-esque Guild aren’t particularly trustworthy.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/