Season 17: Scourge of the Sword Coast

15 posts / 0 new
Last post

Just noticed a new addition to the WPN page: Season 17, Scourge of the Sword Coast, running for 8 weeks between 19 Feb 2014 and 9 Apr 2014. (Link)

No idea if there is associated product or if it returns to D&D Encounters-only exclusive.

Cheers,
Merric

Considering they've been advertising the Sundering events as three parts, and they're putting the first two parts on sale, I would expect the third one to be the same, paid-for product.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Kalani's Homebrew and Original Content | General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

"D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger." -- TiaNadiezja

With the first two being Bhaal and Auril related, I'm going to take a shot that Scourge will focus upon Umberlee and have a tie in to the novel featuring the Ravager.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

I could live with that. Be nice if they made an Encounters packet that provides pre-baked sessions and some maps.

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development, Kalani's Homebrew and Original Content | General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

"D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger." -- TiaNadiezja

I've heard that there will be five Sundering-related Adventures. I would just assume that going forward all Encounters Adventures would be available for purchase. 

Level?  Please tell me its not 1st - 3rd again!

According to James Wayet on twitter, running it with higher level characters should be fine.

And I too was under the impression that there are going to be five sundering adventures.

Warder

My Ignore List: blacksheepcannibal

lokiare

englishlanguage

verdegris_sage

Polaris

Warder17 wrote:

And I too was under the impression that there are going to be five sundering adventures.

Warder

From the article "The six novels and five D&D Encounters seasons spotlight the impact of the Sundering on different places and people of the Realms."

http://www.wizards.com/WPN/News/Article.aspx?x=2013_06_10_DDEBaldur

@feetz_grande on Twitter

The fourth module is "Dead in Thay" ready for sanction from May to July.

It also looks like "Scourge of the Sword Coast" actually runs from Feb to May.

Now that 4 are listed for Encounters I expect the fifth for July to October or August to November.

I think the 30 July 2014 - 17/24/31 October 2014 timeline looks viable. Wonder where we're going to go? None of these took place in the Dalelands, and that always seems like the go-to place for the FR ("where things happen"), so I wonder if it will be that?

I'm not seeing any support for 4e like the last DDE seasons had.  My players would like to keep their characters and continue in this adventure with their 3-4 level 4e characters.  Any chance that a 3.5, 4e, and Next monsters/NPC download will be available?

geoharpst wrote:

I'm not seeing any support for 4e like the last DDE seasons had.  My players would like to keep their characters and continue in this adventure with their 3-4 level 4e characters.  Any chance that a 3.5, 4e, and Next monsters/NPC download will be available?

Although some of the Wizards folks said 3.5e and 4e would be supported next season that does not seem to be the case now that the materials are out. The Adventure PDF says D&D Next and the flyers that came with the Game Day kits also says D&D Next exclusively. You can still run it as another edition but you'll be doing all the conversions yourself. Looking at how much stuff there is in the adventure I don't see any way to get through it using 4e in just the 13 weeks allotted.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

Well, that's all just peachy.  And my players want to stick with 4e until there's a book and a character builder for Next. 

Anybody's local game shop get their email from WotC for their free download of the adventure, yet? 

I, personally, would like to be able to read it before the game day.  And, I'd like to be able to run through it with the DMs I have supporting the game day, too.  It would be nice to do that this coming weekend.

But, in order to do that it looks like I'll have to shell out the dough, myself, again. 

emails went out today and my FLGS forwarded it on directly to me. Hope you get yours shortly.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/