SotSC Field Report – Week 2 (Feb 26)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Field report for D&D Encounters: Scourge of the Sword Coast (Week 2) now available at Dungeon's Master.com.

Our session ran 2.5 hours, but it didn't feel like we got much done. The players spent the whole session in Daggerford gathering information. By the end of the session they decided to head to Julkoun which is where we'll pick things up next week.

We have a lot of new and relatively inexperienced players in our group. It was tough to get them to do what D&D character do at the beginning of adventures. I tried to encourage them to talk to the locals but many of the players didn't care. They had no vested interest in the Forgotten Realms, Daggerford or their own characters yet. I threw out a bunch of hooks and they didn't bite on any of them.

Next week there will be combat which is what most of the players were craving this week. That should help advance the story and get people more excited.

We discuss the ups and downs, what worked and what didn’t in this week’s Recounting Encounters Podcast (also available through iTunes).

Visit the Dungeon’s Master D&D Encounters Archive for all of our ongoing weekly coverage as well as actual play podcasts and pre-generated characters for both 4e and D&D Next.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

Our session write up is here.

Having the whole party unconscious at the end gave me an interesting situation but I'm planning on having them awake next week in the cells of Firehammer Hold (area 20) as per the information under Guards on page 45 of the adventure.

Our other table headed straight to the Hold and in discussion with the DM he thinks theres more than 2 weeks worth of adventure in that section so, we'll see.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Last night was Fight Goblins and Wolves Round 3.

Launch weekend was G&W plus get into town

Session 1 was Town investigation and head to Julkoun - G&W 2.

Session2 was "Wipe them out, All of them" on the Rider camp - G&W 3.

Next week we mix it up with G&W 4, plus Hobgoblins and Bugbears.

My report is up on my blog:

Scourge of the Sword Coast, Session 3

In which the group are joined by a gnome and a half-orc, they save Julkoun, and tame a worg.

Cheers!